Lightroom 5.2 RC now available on Adobe Labs

UPDATE – Lightroom 5.2 is now available as a Final Release.  Read the details here

Lightroom 5.2 is now available as a Release Candidate on Adobe Labs.   The ‘release candidate’ label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers.  The final release of Lightroom 5.2 may have additional corrections or camera support.

Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate

The following bugs that were part the Lightroom 5  have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 5 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED:

• Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
  • Pressing the “Reset” button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
  • Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
  • Incorrect photo was selected when trying to select a photo in segmented grid in Publish Services.
  • The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
  • Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
  • Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.

Please provide feedback on your experience with the Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate in our Feedback Portal (link – http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family)

New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate

Hasselblad Hasselblad LF18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
GoPro GoPro Hero3 Black
GoPro GoPro Hero3 Silver
GoPro GoPro Hero3 White

Release Notes

Lightroom 5.2 RC includes the following new features:

• A Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel under Color Noise Reduction. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts
  • Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
    • New Feather control
    • Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
    • Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
  • Smart Preview size has been updated to 2560 pixels on the long edge.
  • Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
    • Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
    • Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment

125 Responses to Lightroom 5.2 RC now available on Adobe Labs

1. Artem says:

Guys, why don’t you add Fujinon XF lens profiles? It’s a kind of a business or you really think that Fuji users don’t wait for it?

2. Randy says:

and how much for the up-grade?

3. RRS says:

Where is the download link :) ? Version 5 says no updates…

• This is a release candidate (RC) and will not appear as an update yet. You will be informed when the final version 5.2 has been released.
      You may download from here: LR 5.2 RC

My recommendation is to avoid installing RC versions for use on productive data.

• Joe says:

its not an official update yet, just a test update.

4. Niall says:

It’s an update, not a new version. Just like upgrading 4 to 4.4, before they released version 5.

5. Joe says:

I recently noticed with LR5 that when cycling through images I will notice that some crops and adjustments revert back to their orig. state but the sliders will stay to their adusted spots and in the image history it will remain on the last change but the physical image will look as if it did out of camera. This happens to maybe 1 out of every 20 images i cycle through after they are processed.
    Also when creating a black and white in a virtual copy I noticed that the brush tool settings will be applied from 2 previous images onto this virtual copy.
    This is a serious problem because before I deliver a wedding of 700+ images I have to scroll through each grouping before I export to make sure none of my adjustments have been reset, its embarrassing when I have to spend extra time doing something when you are using a tool to help your reduce processing time.
    Any improvements???

• Ian says:

I think what you are seeing here is how lightroom renders images. It will first present the raw/preview image and then apply the adjustments and replace the image with the final render/preview. When stepping an image at a time, you don’t notice this, but if you start to step through albums quickly, what you see may actually be the raw unprocessed image and you need to wait a little before the adjusted image is rendered. How long it takes is related to your PC/disk/memory speed .

It’s a byproduct of non destructive editing that is core to lightroom – I don’t know if you could entirely eliminate it and still retain the flexibility /speed – but I won’t say that I’ve never been caught out by it. More than once, until I realised what was happening, I thought I’d lost my edits or messed them up and started editing again. Doing this will override whatever adjustments you had made when the tool/pc/mac finally catches up.

I don’t think I’ve seen it apply adjustments from the wrong image – but I would expect it’s the same problem .

• Jim Shields says:

I wish I would have never upgraded to version 5. It has taken me three times as long to get through a wedding with this version. It crashes whenever I try to straighten an image. Very frustrated with it right now. Might consider downgrading to version 4. Never had problems with that one. I guess we all think the newer version will work so much better and faster. Surprise, not so with version 5.

• John says:

Love LR 5…using
        i 7 running @4.6 quad w/hyper thread so =8 cores 64 GB ram on windows 8…40% faster than older quad core with 16 GB of ram with windows 7. Check your computer specs and you might like LR 5 better…usb 3 rocks also.

• sara d says:

this happens all of the time for me! It is chaos if i need to go in and re-export too. i don’t know which ones will be reverted. If i go really slow (like let them full load one at a time) it happens much less often.

• Don says:

I get the first issue with v4 sometimes. When I regenerate the previews, everything corrects itself.

6. Petr Klapper says:

Don’t get me wrong, I love LR5 and I am grateful for the new features and speed optimization (basically it’s close to a perfect product as it is), but it took almost 2 months (50 days) to fix an essential export problem, which probably affected most of the users during any web sized exports (noise reduction and output sharpening not applied). That’s simply too long for such a huge issue with direct impact on the final image quality. One would hope for a different approach especially during the sensitive “mandatory CC migration period”.
    Also the export for smaller images still seems to have bug – some images are 1px shorter after export then specified (e.g. exporting 1000px width jpegs makes some as 999px wide, etc.)

7. Jason Earle says:

Still no support for the Sigma SD1 Merrill camera! I can not see the point in upgrading until I can get the full benefit out of the software. Come on Adobe!

8. Charles says:

urm….where’s Lr 5.`1?!!?

9. david says:

Its says “Candidate” So if you download it now you’ll be a in essence a beta tester for the upgrade until it rolls out to everyone else.

10. asalasphoto says:

The Crop Overlay tool is still broken in 5.2RC – both the panel option and the menu pull down yield the same results. Select an image -> Select Crop Overlay -> Make Size or Orientation Adjustments -> Select Done. Select the next image. Go back to the image you just cropped. The crop is changed to something arbitrary. Happens 12 out of 12 times on vertically oriented Canon 5D Mark III RAW images. I have a 2012 MBP w/ 2.2 i7 and 8GB DDR3 RAM. Please, please fix this in the official release.

• VividAfrica says:

Have the same problem…… Just spent 2 days editing a studio shoot just to find out about this bug the hard way when going back to re-edit some photos already cropped. Basically and arbitrary extra crop step is added to the history every time I go back to a cropped image. Selecting the previous step in the history reverts to the correct crop. Normally I would then add a small edit which will delete the actiosn above the selected history item, but again, when I select another photo and go back, another abitrary crop step has been added. At this stage I am pulling my hair out – deadline looming and no answer thanks to Adobe. Only solution is to do all cropping and writing tiff before going to next photo….

11. Matthias says:

Does it now find Fuji X100S profile automatically???

12. John says:

The link is in the first paragraph above: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom5-2/

13. Eric says:

Excited for the gopro lens correction.

14. Sven says:

In LR5 I’m still having the problem that when exporting it seems that the memory is not released after each photo, resulting in Lightroom taking up too much memory and telling me various exports failed because of insufficient memory. I don’t see a fix for this in the above list, even though the problem has been extensively described three months ago (http://forums.adobe.com/message/5245413)
    I realise I’m on a 32-bit 4GB system, but as far as I know that should only slow things down due to writing to the HDD, it should not stop exporting at all…
    Any idea when this will be fixed?

• MIchael says:

Seeing the same thing as Sven with LR 5.2RC on a Windoze 7 32 bit 4GB system. I’m selecting 40-50 images to export and setting the start image number to 1 in the panel. Exporting images with single digit sequence numbers (i.e. newimage-1.tif to newimage-9.tif) was erratic in that some images were deleted as soon as their export was complete. In one case only sequence 6 and 8 remained of a possible 1 thru 9. When images went to double digits (i.e. -10, -11 etc) LR seemed to stabilize. At the end of the entire export I got a panel announcing memory errors on the missing images. Releasing memory on a non-existant image could confuse memory management??

15. Branislav Milic says:

And what about the support of the Nikon D7100 in thethering mode?
    Despite the fact that Nikon put it in the category of prosumer camera, many pro users like it also.

16. Ian Palmer says:

Why isn’t the product beta tested before launch? 5 is so full of bugs and issues it is an embarrassment :(

17. dave says:

why add a dsuplicate option to the pin if i can move it away to different location, its in exactly the same place, useless option unless i can move the pin, which should have a been a feature added ages ago!!

18. dave says:

why add a duplicate option to the pin if i can’t move it away to different location, its in exactly the same place, useless option unless i can move the pin, which should have a been a feature added ages ago!!

19. Conor says:

So the issue with import previews not showing didn’t get attention. OK, there’s a work-around, but really … What’s the first thing you do with Lr? You import!

20. Sebastian says:

What are with Fujinon XF lens profiles?? We are waiting!

21. Len Janssen says:

When will 16 bit output be allowed for non-MAC machines, when printing to file in the print module?

Len

22. Meister Luthor says:

Creative Cloud… Faster updates they said.. Faster bug fixes they said… And then we all wait for 2 months…for a “Release Candidate” aka “not quite there yet update” or “beta update..” Good job!

23. Christine says:

never had a issue with all my computer resources being over used until I upgraded to LR5.

24. Terry Babij says:

Is this treated as a beta or an upgrade? Can we install over 5.0 now and when final release just update?

• Charles says:

It’s a Release Candidate. Adobe wants us to do their testing for them to see if there are any problems.

• Terry Babij says:

I understand the beta concept. When you install a beta and the final release comes out is it a full uninstall. Do you run RC 5.2 parallel to 5.0 or instead? Warnings in past were not to use a Beta for production work

• Joe says:

Charles, that’s just plain whining. Adobe has put out release candidates for years, and sometimes there are more bugs that get fixed because of it. Private beta tests can only involve so many people.

Would you prefer that Adobe not do public release candidates? Because then they would be more like those companies that people criticize for not giving the public any advance warning of what’s coming. At least it is possible to give feedback this way. You could switch to Aperture where this is no advance notice of new releases and you must accept what you are given, with no opportunity to find bugs they didn’t before the final release. Is that what you want?

• Call Thomas says:

Well stated Joe. I am a bit down that even though there are some issues, that more responders are starting to act like spoiled children.

25. Titus says:

Thanks for the new version.
    I am still waiting for the Foveon/Sigma Merrill support.
    All the best.

26. kayros says:

Tell me please, how can i get Camera Support for my Fujifilm HS10 in Lightroom?

• Sharad Mangalick says:

The FinePix HS10 has been supported since Lightroom version 3.2 and Camera Raw 6.2.

27. Charles says:

If this is the “update” that Sharad Mangalick said (last week) would be coming this week – NUTS to Adobe. We’re not your beta testers. A Release Candidate isn’t an update. If this is Adobe’s idea of a fix, I’m going back to Aperture.

• flaca says:

Charles, are you saying that Adobe should not issue Release Candidates at all? Or are you saying that Sharad could have been more specific and said “we’ll release an RC next week”? It seems that Adobe’s policy these days is to release RCs, which lots of people appear to think is very sensible. If you don’t like RCs, then maybe Adobe isn’t for you.

By the way, who are Adobe’s beta testers if not enthusiasts on forums? Seems a good idea to me.

• Charles says:

Adobe can do whatever they want. But when they post (last week) that they’ll release an “update” this week – one kinda expects it to be an update, not a release candidate.

• flaca says:

Sharad’s post should have said RC I grant you that. Certainly a learning point when people are clamouring for their fix (hoho). There are worse crimes though.

• Michael MacLeod says:

There are worse crimes of course, but it’s still a crime when you’ve already paid for it. Kinda like buying a new car and the dealership telling you the tires are on the way any month now, so just leave the car in the garage for now, and we will let you know when and where, to come get them and put them on yourself. No, really…

28. Greg Moss says:

I installed a patch to fix the issue of crashing while culling images. Will this 5.2 update still have the patch after i install it or will the problem return?

29. Keith Lai says:

performance issue especially on spot removal tool – not improved.

30. Jeff says:

Where do bug reports on the RC go? In just five minutes of use, I found something really odd. On some images I have worked on before with LR 5, before I gave up due to the export problem, when I click with the white balance eyedropper, nothing happens no matter where I click in the photo, and the history will add state that says “Camera Raw Settings”. For some reason, it doesn’t happen on images that weren’t touched before.

31. Claudio says:

One of the claimed fi´xed issues is not actually fixed – at least not for me:
    ◾Incorrect photo was selected when trying to select a photo in segmented grid in Publish Services.
    I think in 5.0 this happened only very often but not always (but I’m not 100% sure abou the exceptions) – in any case, now with 5.2 RC the selection issue occurs always and with all my published services – so no improvement at all at best. This bug already forced me to redo color and star rating for more than 2000 photos! Hopefully, Adove will actually fix this before releasing 5.2…

32. nasser Hamadnah says:

could you please answer me if possible to download the latest version , already i have LR 4.3 open licence

• Pete Green says:

Download links are available here: blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html

33. joe says:

I have stopped using lightroom 5 and gone back to 4 as it has a bug that when I press the delete button to delete a selected image (s) it says it cannot delete them and must delete them permanently then it deslescts everything so I have to find the image I was working on again. it is SO SO annoying and doesn’t seem to be addressed. My copy of lightroom 4 works perfectly.

34. Michael MacLeod says:

Nikon D7100 in tethering mode…. This camera is HUGE, read the reviews! Tether for D3100, 5100 but not 7100?? Seriously? C’mon…

• Couldn’t agree more. I was about to buy Lightroom 5 but opted to give the trial a whirl first. Glad I did as no tethering for my new camera :(
      So I didn’t buy LR. Get me the tethering and you get my cold, hard cash!

35. Ted York says:

Does anyone know if the corrected the color problem in the slideshow with 5.2?

36. Marcin says:

After rendering 1-1 my copy of lightroom 5 is loosing them, sometimes just few or all. I need to render them one more time, this is really annoying problem.

37. kadajawi says:

Did you try to reduce RAM consumption? Especially when using the upright tool on many photos visible in the catalog it seems to render them again and again, using more and more RAM (though it seems to cap at 4 GB now…). Basically, previews already exist for these files, but when I scroll past them (only the ones using the upright tool it seems) it renders previews. You can see the CPU load jump up.

38. gartlgruber says:

Please support Sigma DP Merrill raw files…

39. Edi says:

I just installed Lightroom 5.2 on a Mac: after a first select of an image, I can not select another image for display or modify?!?
    A restart of Lightroom lets me select exctly the first on, the the same behavior as before…

any ideas?

40. Dan says:

This is great for high ISO shots!

Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
    New Feather control

Awesome! But it needs more feathering still. Also, it’s bad painting over with solid white mask because you cant see how close to the edge of something you are, I’d like to be able to control the opacity of the mask while painting over with the healing brush.

Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:

1. It’s a step in the right direction, but you should just INCREASE THE MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS OF THE SLIDERS. For both local AND global sliders.

2. We want to be able to copy and paste local adjustment settings!

3. We want to be able to move a brush pin and adjustment just like the the ND and Radial filter! If you take 2 shots of a person, and they only moved a little in one shot, we currently have to repaint all the adjumstent over again on the second shot, it would be so much nicer to just be able to sync it and drag the brush adjument into place!

4. We want to be able to make local adjustments with the tone curve, HSL/C/BW, split toning, Detail panels.

41. kadajawi says:

No updates to the Behance integration? I was of the impression that you rushed 5.0 and just haven’t completed the Behance upload feature in time, which is why you could only upload to “work in progress”. I hope you don’t call it a day with the way the feature is working at the moment…

Otherwise I’m looking forward to the upgrade. Though I do wonder what happened to 5.1.

42. leebee says:

The spot healing tool still freezes after about 5 seconds using a Wacom Intuos 5 pad and pen. It does not freeze using the mouse. Is this a Wacom problem? They seem to say that it is an Adobe problem.

43. Pawel Langowski says:

As mentioned previously for me it’s also a huge disappointment that the new LR 5.2 does not havve the support for the tethering mode in nikon d7100 !!

• Sharad Mangalick says:

We just added tethered capture support for the D7100. Please update to Lightroom 5.2, which we just announced and released today.

44. Pat says:

Would love to see the Nikon 24mm PC lens added to the lens profiles.

45. christian says:

hey guys,
    I’m sure you’ve gotten this request, however after all these years it bugs me and I’d love to see it added in a future version of LR:

LR should be able to “read” the camera settings, that are being used to render JPGs.

Right now, I import a RAW, the nicely rendered colors appear for a split second and then the Adobe Standard settings kick it. Some cameras have beautiful jpg setting and it would be great to use these as a starting point.

By all means – I’m not a jpg shooter. I only shoot raw and I’d love to get to a 100% Lightroom workflow one day.

Cheers and keep up the great work!
    Christian

46. Steve Davey says:

Publish selection bug is now worse on the 5.2 RC. I now have to quit the program repeatedly just to get the screen to refresh when I try to select anything after selecting a collection. I have the same issue when trying to select a different picture in crop mode. C’mon guys, this is rubbish. Using a MacPro Tower, with Mountain Lion. Not some old/out of date system!

47. Charles says:

When do you expect to have the Nikon 7100 tether capability for LR5? I was surprised to find out that when I connected my new camera it was not capable of tethering.

48. Robert King says:

Fix Facebook Authorization, from the posts I’ve read, this has been broken for a year.

49. SimonR says:

When will Camera Calibration Profiles be added for the Fujifilm x100s?
    Thanks.

50. Harald Steinzeug says:

Please support the SIGMA DPx Merrill and its fabulous Foveon Senors. We are still awaiting …

51. Edwin Law says:

LR 1./.0 > 5. Contrast of Brush size indication seems less .. more difficult to differentiate from image in latest. No noticeable change in Photoshop CS6, so …
    Aging, imagination or POSSIBLE ??

52. Dennis says:

Another vote for the Sigma DP1/2/3 Merrill support… please Adobe!!!

53. Christian says:

Possible bug in 5.2 RC.
    Stacked photos (yellow color marking) are not moved to a new folder (into a parent directory [higher level]) when seleceting “all pictures” (with CTRL-A) in a certain folder. Only the first one of each stack is moved (stacks were collapsed), the others remain in the old folder, but are not visible anymore. The moving process does not finish and gets stuck for about 10 minutes, so I had to cancel it.
    Info Panel on the left side shows – let’s say – 68 Photos in the old folder, but there is “no pictures in selected folder” shown in the Grid view. Even if “subfolders” is selected. When i want to delete this old folder, i get the warning that 68 photos will be removed from Lightroom. Afterwards i have to import them again and move them manually to the new destination folder, having to create all stacks anew.
    Annoying!

Christian

54. Antonio says:

I am still waiting for the Foveon/Sigma Merrill support.

55. Fredrik Bagge says:

This version introduces a bug where the pressing of the X-key to reject a photo causes both the current and next photo to be marked as rejected. I use the feature to auto advance upon flag and color assignment.
    Win 7, x64

• Fredrik Bagge says:

It also goes for any other label assignment using the keybord, i.e. pressing ‘8’ to assign a green color to a photo. Does not happen when a flag or color label is pressed in the tool bar

56. Shawn says:

Why does Lightroom 5.0 always crash when I try to import photos if my Samsung GS3 is plugged in via usb(I am charging it)

Shawn

57. fred says:

Looks like a anoying new bug is introduced in the flickr plugin with 5.2RC
    All my already published pictures were marked for update and republished. This also messed up the sequence of my already published pictures on flickr.
    Also I did spent a lot of time on giving the pictures IPTC title field content, but the republishing blanked out all existing titles on flickr. The field content was not published and the existing content on Flickr was whiped out.
    I found out the IPTC title field content in Lightroom is no longer taken, but the header field in the IPTC “Status” chapter instead..! In my situation they are not filled but blank…. I think this probably caused all pictures to be marked for republishing automatically and whiped out the titles on Flickr.

I copied all IPTC titles to the Status Title field manually and now they are back again on flickr after republishing.
    Also I discoverd strange behaviour by marking a selected picture manually for rebuplishing. Sometimes non selected picture(s) was/were taken. Couldn’t find out in which exact situation this happens though.

Fred

58. Rick Ohnsman says:

I’m still experiencing performance slowdowns the longer I work in a session with the program. (Memory leak?). I really want to be able to upgrade from LR4 as the new tools and enhancements in LR5.2 look great, but in a long edit session the program becomes slower and slower. The spot healing tool becomes jumpy and there is a delay in all functions from when I perform them to when they show on the screen. This becomes progressively worse when an edit session might run and hour or more. I finally have to reboot and start again. I have no such issues with LR4. I reluctantly will have to pass on an upgrade if I cannot be assured these problems are fixed.

• Pete Green says:

We are working on a fix for the adjustment brush slow downs. Hope to see the fixes in the 5.2 release.

• David says:

Pete, any time frame on when 5.2 will go gold? Professionals are rolling back to 4 left and right.

• Martin Kup says:

I can confirm behaviour described by Rick Ohnsman, than LR 5.2RC has probably memory leak – it becomes slower and slower after longer work. Sometime it takes 5GB of RAM, shutdown of app and run it again helps.

59. Rick Ohnsman says:

I see all kinds of suggested tweaks and workarounds to try and address the slowdown issues many of us are having with LR5 (and no better in LR 5.2).This is crazy. Users ought not to have to go through all kinds of gyrations to make a program work properly. It should “just work.” LR4 isn’t speedy, but it’s useable. LR5 wasn’t ready for public release. Too many are reporting these slowness issues for this to be some obscure fluke. I sincerely hope this release candidate doesn’t make it to full release. The new features are attractive, but not worth the pain at this point.

60. dnnsbmn says:

Upright is terrible with 5.2 RC
    Was working good in 5

61. Grzegorz says:

Simple problem – I installed 5.2RC and recently I’ve bought 5.0 (box).
    Is it possible to activate 5.2RC to regular LR5.2 within a licence of the bought 5.0?
    Would be grateful having any reply.

62. Charles says:

Rigor mortis is setting in waiting for this “update”

63. Grzegorz says:

“Your comment is awaiting moderation.” Since 24 hours. Admin on holidays?

64. Can you PLEASE add another 5 colors for labeling photos or, better yet, make it possible for the use to edit and add to the color labels list?
    This would be really valuable.
    Thanks

65. André says:

J’ai de gros soucis avec la fonction diaporama. Lorsque je lance la lecture, l’écran est désespérément noir le temps du défilement, puis retrouve sa position d’affichage d’avant la lecture. Il semble également que la lecture du son pose problème avec du MP3; ces problèmes sont rencontrés sur la version 5 et 5.2 RC;
    Quelqu’un a-t-il ce type de souci à partager ? ou de solution à apporter..

66. Teresa says:

My Lightroom 5 continually crashes and deletes my work, not good! When are you going to correct this?

67. akiaki says:

“Reanalyze” does not work in RC (did work in 5.0, though) in Upright after I changed the “profile correction” option.

68. Alec says:

.What about an update for Olympus cameras and lens………………..please?

69. Dave says:

So I bought LR4 just before 5 came out. Didn’t realize this, or I’d have waited. Now I have a Canon 70D, and it sounds like I will need LR5 to be able to import and process RAW files directly into LR in the latest Canon format. Is that true? Am I stuck now with either buying the upgrade or using the Canon software to work directly with the Canon RAW files?

• Sharad Mangalick says:

Hi Dave, you can also use the DNG Converter. This will convert your Canon CR2 files into DNG which can be read in any version of Lightroom.

70. Jameel says:

Hi Adobe, Lightroom RC 5.2 still doesn’t apply the sharpening and nose reduction on my end, exporting on full res. Is there a workaround that I can do for the meantime while you guys fix the issue?

71. Madison says:

Switched to LR5. Working on my first solo exhibition: it’s a nightmare. I should have continued with LR4. The Clarity brush is completely different (almost immedietely darkening everything instead of setting a midtone contrast, and it works different than before. Exports look worse than in LR4 so I am extremely disappointed. The lags are also terrible. My system worked fine with version 4. Now, version 5, will take seconds to switch local adjustment from + to – to pan-tool. Un-be-lie-va-ble.

72. Andreas says:

Hello Lightroom 5 specialists,
    help: I have a big problem when I develop pictures in developer mode.
    As soon as the processing steps are performed faster, the CPU performance increased significantly. This is followed by the program no feedback (it freezes). But when I slowly lead the processing steps, it will take longer to crash. I tried the test UI.dll -> no improvement.
    Sorry for my bad English. I am a German user.
    regards
    Andreas

My System:
    Version von Lightroom: 5.0 [907681]
    Betriebssystem: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
    Version: 6.1 [7601]
    Anwendungsarchitektur: x64
    Systemarchitektur: x64
    Anzahl logischer Prozessoren: 2
    Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,1 GHz
    Integrierter Speicher: 4090,8 MB
    Für Lightroom verfügbarer phys. Speicher: 4090,8 MB
    Von Lightroom verwendeter phys. Speicher: 376,2 MB (9,1%)
    Von Lightroom verwendeter virtueller Speicher: 345,9 MB
    Cache-Speichergröße: 244,1 MB
    Maximale Anzahl Threads, die Camera Raw verwendet: 2
    DPI-Einstellung des Systems: 96 DPI
    Desktop-Komposition aktiviert: Ja
    Monitore/Anzeigegeräte: 1) 1360×768, 2) 1920×1080

Anwendungsordner: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
    Bibliothekspfad: C:\Users\Andreas-Laptop\Pictures\Lightroom\Gesamtkatalog\Lightroom 5 Catalog.lrcat
    Einstellungen-Ordner: C:\Users\Andreas-Laptop\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Adapter Nr. 1: Anbieter : 10de
    Gerät : 648
    Subsystem : 208c17c0
    Version : a1
    Grafikspeicher : 495
    AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024
    AudioDeviceName: NVIDIA HDMI Out (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
    AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
    ShaderModel: 10.0
    Vendor: Nvidia
    VendorID: 4318
    Version: 10de:0648:208c17c0:00a1

73. Andreas says:

Hello Lightroom 5 specialists,
    help: I have a big problem when I develop pictures in developer mode.
    I have the same Problem with 5.2 RC. The error is coming on fast. Especially now, when the tone curve is set to automatic. Please help, because it can not be worked with.
    Have performed the following: – Restart -> the same problem
    – Closed many programs running in the background -> the same Problem

Version von Lightroom: 5.2 RC [915796]
    Betriebssystem: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
    Version: 6.1 [7601]
    Anwendungsarchitektur: x64
    Systemarchitektur: x64
    Anzahl logischer Prozessoren: 2
    Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,1 GHz
    Integrierter Speicher: 4090,8 MB
    Für Lightroom verfügbarer phys. Speicher: 4090,8 MB
    Von Lightroom verwendeter phys. Speicher: 543,5 MB (13,2%)
    Von Lightroom verwendeter virtueller Speicher: 510,2 MB

Adapter Nr. 1: Anbieter : 10de
    Gerät : 648
    Subsystem : 208c17c0
    Version : a1
    Grafikspeicher : 495
    AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024
    AudioDeviceName: NVIDIA HDMI Out (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
    AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
    ShaderModel: 10.0
    Vendor: Nvidia
    VendorID: 4318
    Version: 10de:0648:208c17c0:00a1

74. Dayve says:

Hi,
    The issue where the filmstrip selection is not synced with the grid view in the Publish is still present in LR v5.2. It seems to be present if you have modified photos to re-publish.
    This is quite a serious problem, as it’s very easy to make changes to the wrong image and it’s difficult to select those that need to be republished in the grid view

75. Any news? Almost 2 months without posts…
    Still waiting here…

76. Jeremy says:

What’s going on here???? Can someone please provide an estimated release date?

77. Russ says:

Where can I get pro level tech support at adobe? LR5 crashes and runs very slow over time.

78. John W S says:

I have a custom metadata panel defined and stored in the “Metadata Field Lists” folder. This worked nicely for Lightroom 5, but after upgrading to 5.2, LR no longer seems to be loading my lrmetadata file. Has this directory changed? Or has this feature been removed?

79. Ted York says:

Downloaded LR 5.2 yesterday and was disappointed to find the color/saturation problem with the slideshow had not been fixed. That means LR 4 stays on the laptop I use to show images to clients.

80. Joel says:

I’m seeing screen refresh problems with LR 5.2 – Commands like ‘copy’ and ‘import photos and videos…’ remain on the screen after selected. A bit hard to describe, but I thought that ‘refresh’ on the desktop in Windows 7 would clear these anomalies – no such luck. Anyone else?

81. Ryan says:

Reanalyze under lens corrections still doesn’t work under 5.2 or 5.3rc beta… this works fine on build 5.0 and is greatly missed!!! Please squeeze this in on the next build.

• jason kaplan says:

Agreed. The “Reanalyze” is essential to my workflow. How could it be left broken this long? I keep hoping it’s fixed but ultimately have to downgrade to LR 5.0 though that version is quite buggy in its own way.