Camera Raw 8.2 and DNG Converter 8.2 Now Available

Camera Raw 8.2 is now available as a final release for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC.  This release provides new features including an interactive histogram, workflow presets, and refinements to the Spot Healing Tool and Local Adjustment Brush.  In addition, this release also includes bug fixes, support for 19 new cameras and 21 new lenses.  DNG Converter 8.2 is provided for customers using versions of Photoshop older than Photoshop CS6.

As mentioned here, updates to Camera Raw 8 for Photoshop CS6 only include new camera support, lens profile support, and bug fixes.  The new features listed in the release notes are only available in Photoshop CC.

Release Notes

New Features in Camera Raw 8.2:

• The Histogram is now interactive. This enables the ability to click and drag on the Histogram to adjust the Blacks, Shadows, Exposure, Highlights, and Whites sliders.
  • A Color Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts.
  • Added new “rectangle mode” to white balance eyedropper tool.  Click-and-drag with the eyedropper tool to define a rectangular pixel area.  Upon releasing mouse, Camera Raw will use all the pixels within the marked rectangle to set the global White Balance.
  • Workflow presets are now available and can be selected by context-clicking the workflow link.
  • Presets have been added to the Save dialog box.
  • Auto Exposure has been improved to be more consistent across images and across different image sizes.
  • Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
    • New Feather control
    • Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
    • Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
  • Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
    • Move brush adjustments by clicking and dragging on brush adjustment pins
    • Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
    • Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment o Alt+Click (PC) / Option+Click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to delete the adjustment

New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.2

Hasselblad Hasselblad LF16mm F2.8
Hasselblad Hasselblad LF18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Hasselblad Hasselblad LF18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
GoPro GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition
GoPro GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition
GoPro GoPro Hero 3 White Edition
Leica Leica TRI-ELMAR-M 16-18-21 mm f/4 ASPH.
Canon SIGMA 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013
Canon, Nikon, Sigma SIGMA 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM S013
Nikon SIGMA 30mm F1.4 DC HSM A013
Olympus, Sony SIGMA 60mm F2.8 DN A013
Pentax, Sony SIGMA 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM C013
Pentax, Sony SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM A012
Nikon Nikon 1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2
Sony Sony DSC-RX1R

Bugs Corrected in Camera Raw 8.2

• JPEG decoding produced a red color cast.
  • Bridge always recomputed cropped image thumbnails when lens profile corrections are enabled rather than when necessary.
  • Feathering for healing brush operations were not the same strength as feathering for circular spot removals.
  • When selecting and adjusting multiple images, the Crop adjustment was not applied to the most selected image.
  • Local adjustment brush pin were not redrawing properly after moving from one location to another.
  • When using Camera Raw as a Filter in Photoshop CC, pressing the “Cancel” button on a Smart Object would rest the Smart Object to default settings.
  • There was no visual for the Heads-Up Display when control-dragging to resize a healing brush.  This only occurred when the “Show Overlay” option is turned off.

Installation instructions

DNG Converter 8.2 – Windows | Mac

31 Responses to Camera Raw 8.2 and DNG Converter 8.2 Now Available

1. John Maguire says:

I tried using update in CS6 and it says it’s up to date. I own CS6 Extended and it is registered. How can I get this update. Thank you

2. Gary K says:

Still no lens profile for Nikon 18-35 f3.5-f4.5 AF-S? Disappointing.

3. Totor says:

Camera Raw 8.2 direct download link available ?

4. David B says:

When I use LR 5.2 to edit in Photoshop CC it complains I need to update Photoshop CC to ACR 8.2, but when I update it says Photoshop CC is current there are no updates available.

Where is the update?
    How do I check my Photoshop CC ACR version?
    Why do I continue to get this message?

Thanks.

5. alex says:

use Adobe Application Manager for update ACR to 8.2 (Mac or Win)

• Bernard Wolf says:

I have PSCS6 and used the Application Manager and it is useless…it shows Camera Raw 7 as the latest update. Why is this so hard to do if you own PSCS6? Give us some real help here.

6. Louis Han says:

“Please install the Camera Raw 8.2 update using the Update Mechanism found in Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6.” —- WHY?

7. Bernard Wolf says:

Ok, I opened application manager in pscs6 again and it showed Camera Raw 7 on the list of downloads available so I clicked on Camera Raw 7 and Camera Raw 8.2 popped up under it and I was able to download it.
    Why Camera Raw 8.2 isn’t listed when you open the manager is odd…if I hadn’t clicked on CR7 I would have never found it.

8. Carter says:

I am unable to update my ACR past ACR 6.7 with my copy of Photoshop CS6, I have gotten a “server down or firewall settings incorrect” for months. My Windows Firewall is completely turned off so its not an issue on my end. How can I upgrade ACR as I now shoot Nikon D800′s and a Canon 6D and cannot process RAW files from either system!

9. Steve says:

I am using LR5.2 with CS5 Extended – I just went edit in photo shop and I get the following message
    This version of LR may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 8.2 for full compatibility. My CS5 extended say I am up to date with version 6.7.0.339. Is Camera Raw 8.2 update available for CS5 Extended and if it is where can I get it? Thanks!

10. Ken Caldwell says:

For a download for of ACR 8.2 for off-line computers see here. If there are problems with the manger just copy all three extracted files into CS6 & run the patcher by clicking on it.

11. Jason says:

“Update Mechanism found in Photoshop CC”
    Where where WHERE? It’s not in Help. Extension Manager has no references to ACR.

12. John Maskew says:

I have upgraded my Canon EOS 60D to Canon EOS 70D but now cannot open CR2 pics in CS5 extended. I can open them in DNG but laborious and duplicates all the original pics.

Please advise

13. Don Montabana says:

My copy of Photoshop CC says it is up to date but my copy of Lightroom 5 says I need to have RAW 8.2. Tried the update function but it says my app is current. Checked and its RAW 7.1. How do I get the current update?

14. Francisco Alonso says:

Is it posible to use the pressure sensitivity of wacom tablet in the adjustment brush of camera raw, as it is in lightroom? Is Adobe going to work on it?

15. I have problems with my exposure slider . He always jumps back to a full number as soon as i use any of the other sliders . ig it set it to 0,8 use than another slider and the exposure slider jumps back to zero, or from 1,4 to one . Anybody has some advice for me ?
    Regards
    i am using Mac 10.6.8 Camera Raw 8.2.94 and cs 6

16. Cyan H says:

No more updates for CS5 ??

17. Goran Kindwall says:

Where is the lens profile for 1 Nikon V1 with 1 Nikkor VR 10-100/4-5,6?
    The 1 Nikkor VR 6,7-13/3,5-5,6 was introduced at the same time and is supported..

They have both been available since February 2013!

18. bert van lent says:

Camera Raw 8.2 BUG: Why is my Exposure slider resetting automatically to 0,00 when i use any of the other sliders? very annoying!

19. Joyce Pelton says:

I have CS6 and just update camera raw to 8.2 (Mac 10.6). The raw files from my new 5D mark iii can be viewed in the content window of bridge. When you click on one, the preview is not loaded… All you see is the cr2 file logo. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

20. Stan Chodorow says:

I too have tried to download Camera Raw 8.2 with the Update Manager in CS6 and it downloads Camera Raw 7.0. Is there another way to get this done?

21. Fatima says:

Hi,

I have CS5 and don’t plan on upgrading to CS6. I bought the Canon 6D and my RAW files won’t open. I downloaded and installed DNG coverter 7.3 and 8.2 none work!

How do I get my RAW files to open in CS5?!!!

Help!!!

22. Shannon says:

HI there,
    When will fully support the Olympus EM-1?

23. Mark Gilbert says:

I just purchased Elements 12 and need to get the Plug-in version 8.2 so that I can open my Cannon G16 Raw files. How can I do this?

24. boner says:

bridge not always recognising raw files off canon 6d, last 3or 4 thousand ok today telling me to update, am updated, silly message even has 6D in list

25. boner says:

cs6 (64 Bit) ,updates installed OK

was working fine for months with new camera until yesterday when I moved latest photos onto computer and started getting message version not compatible with camera