Camera 8.3 RC for Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6 available on Adobe Labs

Camera Raw 8.3 is now available as a release candidate on Adobe Labs for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC on Adobe Labs.

As mentioned here, updates to Camera Raw 8 for Photoshop CS6 only include new camera support,  lens profile support, and bug fixes.  The new features listed in the release notes are only available in Photoshop CC.

New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.3 Release Candidate

Nikon Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013
Sigma Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013
Sony Sony E 20mm F2.8
Sony Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS

Release Notes

Camera Raw 8.3 RC for Photoshop CC includes the following new features:

• Whites and Blacks now support Auto Levels-like functionality via shift-double-click on the sliders.
  • Separate Auto Temperature and Auto Tint feature. Shift-double-click to invoke “auto temperature” and “auto tint” separately.
  • Ability to option-click shortcut in Synchronize, New Preset, Save Settings, and Copy/Paste (Bridge) dialog boxes. Option-click a checkbox to check that box exclusively. Option-click again to toggle previous checkbox state.
  • Set the background color of the work area. Context-click outside the image in the work area to select a background color from a popup menu.

20 Responses to Camera 8.3 RC for Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6 available on Adobe Labs

1. Devin Hunt says:

Thank you for the quick turn around on the Nikon D610. I’ve been checking this site many time a week in hopes of the raw support for the D610. As soon as I get back to my computer I am downloading this!

2. Eric Bier says:

Will profiles be available for the Fuji 18-55 and 55-200 in the near future?

3. Ye Xiangyan says:

I need camera raw for my D610.Thank You.

4. Mike says:

Great work Adobe Thumbs up!

5. Phil Armitage says:

OK I have downloaded it, extracted it, run it, but PS CC will not update itself from ACR 8.2 – very frustrating. What am I doing wrong

6. Raj says:

I just bought a Nikon D610 and I have Photoshop CS5 and it does not seem to be able to read in the RAW (.NEF) files from the camera. Please advise

7. Photo says:

Is Sony A77VQ supported?

8. James Kneussl says:

When will my Nikon D5300 .nef files be compatible and work in the latest version of Lightroom 5?

9. katharine hanlon says:

i have already posted this in a few places, but im really hoping for an update that helps with the importing issues on 5.3 with the new nikon D610 RAW files. I clocked it today at 47 seconds per file to import to a server. it is faster to import to the computer HD, but still painfully slow.
    im a medical photographer and the docs need to be able to see the photos im taking QUICKLY. Im so frustrated. Why doesnt Adobe talk to Nikon long before these new formats are released???

10. Greg says:

How about download links that are clearly labeled. Make your site(s) user friendly. I want to download this release candidate yet there is no DL link on this page nor are there clear indications of where to go to get it. This is why torrents are better than Adobe sites, it’s easier to find a torrent of pirated Adobe software and updates than it is to actually your Adobe websites. Get it together. As long as it’s easier to pirate than to actually buy you will forever have problems. It’s so ridiculous, I want to give you my money but you make it harder than stealing, why is this?

11. I like your photographs! As a photographer I am aware it is usually tricky to find
    the right shots but they’re wonderful. I personally use a
    number of Lightroom presets to keep some uniformity
    in my own.

12. Photos by Deb says:

Here is the link you need to download the update: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5739 It was CRAZY hard to find!!!!!

13. Donna Clark says:

Very disappointed that my recently purchased D610 RAW is not compatible with CS5…now what am I meant to do!

14. José Manuel Polo Larrondo says:

En iMac dispongo del programa Photoshop CS6. Hasta hace unos días me abría las fotografías en formato RAW (NEF) para editarlas en CAMERA RAW. Ahora cuando lo intento me sale ventana informativa que dice “Photoshop no puede abrir este archivo” y como que lo tendría que actualizar.
    Es lo que pretendo ACTUALIZAR EL PLUGIN CAMERA 8 (mi cámara es una Nikon D610) pero no encuentro la manera de descargar la actualización correcta.
    Agradecería su información.