Camera 8.3 for Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6 available now

Camera Raw 8.3 is now available as a final release for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC.  This release provides new features including Auto Levels-like functionality and Auto Straighten.  In addition, this release also includes bug fixes, support for new cameras and new lenses.  DNG Converter 8.3 is provided for customers using versions of Photoshop older than Photoshop CS6.

As mentioned here, updates to Camera Raw 8 for Photoshop CS6 only include new camera support, lens profile support, and bug fixes.  The new features listed in the release notes are only available in Photoshop CC.

Please note that this is the final version of Camera Raw 8 and DNG Converter 8 that will be available for Photoshop CS6 customers on Windows XP, Windows Vista or Mac OSX 10.6.  Impacted customers can continue either update to compatible operating system or continue to use Camera Raw 8.3 for Photoshop CS6.     Photoshop CS6 customers on Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion), Mac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) will not be impacted and will continue to receive updated camera support through future ACR 8.x dot releases.

Release Notes

New Features in Camera Raw 8.3

• Auto straighten: You can automatically straighten a picture in three ways: (1) double-click on the Straighten Tool button icon in the toolbar, (2) with the Straighten Tool selected, double-click anywhere within the preview image, and (3) with the Crop Tool selected, press the usual command key (on Mac) or control key (on Windows) to temporarily switch to the Straighten Tool, and double-click anywhere within the preview image.
  • Whites and Blacks now support Auto Levels-like functionality via shift-double-click on the sliders.
  • Added separate Auto Temperature and Auto Tint feature. Shift-double-click to invoke “auto temperature” and “auto tint” separately.
  • Added feature to set the background color of the work area and toggle the visibility of the hairline frame around the image. Context-click outside the image in the work area to select an option from a popup menu.
  • Added option-click shortcut in Synchronize, New Preset, Save Settings, and Copy/Paste (Bridge) dialog boxes. Option-click a checkbox to check that box exclusively. Option-click again to toggle previous checkbox state.
  • Added Camera Matching color profiles (Natural, Muted, Portrait, Vivid) for the following Olympus cameras:
    • Olympus E-5

Sony   Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
Sony   Sony E 20mm F2.8
Sony   Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Sony   Sony FE 35mm F2.8 ZA
Sony   Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA

Bugs Corrected in Camera Raw 8.3

• ACR froze when sampling point curve on image with spot heal/clone adjustments.
  • Incorrect White Balance settings applied when synching Auto WB from source to targets.
  • On certain images, red eye removal behaved incorrectly.
  • Some Olympus E-400 raw files showed maze / checkerboard artifacts.
  • Double-click with radial filter tool was not working properly for cropped images.
  • The bit depth preference (i.e. 8-bit or 16-bit) was not “sticky” when running Camera Raw under Photoshop Elements.

29 Responses to Camera 8.3 for Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6 available now

1. Bernard Wolf says:

Where is the link to download Camera Raw 8.3….not the beta but this final version…I saw the Lightroom link but no Camera Raw 8.3

2. Shahzaib says:

I have Camera raw 6.6 But i dont Understand how to Install it.. ?? Plz tell me how I can Install it?

3. James Spencer says:

I used the update pull-down from within Photoshop CS6 last night and it said it would update CS6, Manager, and Raw. At the end of the process it reported an error.
    CS6 now seems to be totally gone — the shortcut doesn’t work (it reports the Photoshop.exe file is not at the expected location), likewise the start button link to Photoshop doesn’t work,. A search in the Adobe program folders does not find any .exe files.
    An old PSE9 program starts but cannot open raw images. So it appears Adobe Raw is gone now, too.
    This is on a Vista 64 desktop machine. My only possible contribution to the disaster is that I accidentally closed Photoshop while the update was runnng — it proceeded without any indication of a problem until it got to the end.
    What are my options? Will taking the machine back to a restore point bring back Photoshop and Raw?? If not, then I expect I will have to re-install CS6 and all my plug-ins — but do I need to erase the existing Adobe CS6 directories left over. A couple hours of work to get back to where I was before I tried the update — sigh. And do I dare try the update again??

4. Tom Greenstone says:

How can I download this update?
    Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Rudy Pollak says:

Where is the update??????? Can’t find 8.3 for cc any where.

6. Cezary says:

I would also like to get a direct download link to Camera Raw 8.3 for Photoshop CC.
    The Photoshop CC installation on my MacBook picked up the update but the Photoshop CC installation on Windows doesn’t see the update, not from the application and not from the CC desktop app, the plug-in version is still showing as 8.0.0.137 (it was originally a CC trial, converted to the $9.99 photography subscription plan).

7. Daniel says:

Pleaseee!! I want the camera raw 8.3!!

• rvtraveller says:

Had the same problem – finding Camera Raw 8.3 to upgrade PhotoShop Elements 12 on Vista system !! Most reported links were for the DNG Converter. The link is for “reverting” but works just fine upgrade ACR from the Version 8.0 supplied with Elements 12.
      It’s available at the link below for both Mac and Windows. Be sure to scroll down to the file you need and follow the instructions for moving the Camera Raw.8bi file to “….Common Files/Adobe…..” that’s not the “Common….” folder.

8. Stephan G says:

The direct link to download Camera Raw 8,3 is on this Adobe blog post:

9. Cezary says:

Adobe really need to get their act together on the installers. I only had the 64 bit release of Photoshop CC installed as trial, then converted to paid subscription. No matter what i did i couldn’t get the Camera Raw to update not to 8.2, not to 8.3. Both the update from within Photoshop CC and from the CC Desktop showed no updates available. I tried downloading the Camera Raw 8.3 update from http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/PhotoshopCameraRaw8-8.0/8.3.52/setup.zip
    and it would tell me i don’t have the right product to update.
    In the end I had to uninstall everything, Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC, CC Desktop and reinstall everything from CC Desktop (which annoyingly and for no good reason installs both the 32 bit and 64 bit Photoshop without asking) to get Camera Raw 8.3. My guess it’s that as long as you don’t have 32 bit Photoshop CC installed, you’re SOL.

10. Zeno Bresson says:

I have the same Problem as Cezary. No Update availabe.

11. Tapani Talo says:

having trouble installing camera RAW 8.3?

12. Nothing but problems since in enrolled in CC. I got the $9.99 deal. I already had CS6, 64 bit on Win 7 64, and now it will not update with application manager, and CC manager says everything is up to date. For some reason, it does not see that CS6 and CC needs the new raw converter. Also, the cc manager thinks I need to install LR5, and I already have LR 5.3 on my machine and it works fine. Go figure???

13. Gotta tell you guys at ADOBE, you sure do make stuff hard to find! The top of this article is “Camera 8.3 for Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6 available now”. But NOWHERE do you provide a link to download.
    Thankfully, someone left a comment with the link.

14. Ivan Delano says:

Can you please add Fuji Finepix S1 as it is the same processor & as the Fuji Finepix SL1000 that you do support, unless there is another work around to getting adobe to see my raw files from my Fuji Finepix S1,

15. Ivan Delano says:

Can you please add Fuji Finepix S1 as it is the same processor & as the Fuji Finepix SL1000 that you do support, unless there is another work around that lets adobe products see my raw files from my Fuji Finepix S1,

16. kunjan says:

i have nikon d610 and camera raw 8.3 is not supporting its .,NEF file

17. Karen says:

Hello.
    I have problem,photoshop CC don’t open My new camera canon 70D RAW files,can anyone help Me??
    Thank’s.

18. Donovan Rittenbach says:

I continue to be impressed with how difficult it is to update the Camera Raw. I’ve downloaded 2 installers which didn’t do anything except break my ability to preview in Bridge CS6. Camera Raw updates have been a pain since I can remember with hours of searching for the right installer. Adobe does so many things so well. I have no idea why they can’t nail this one.

19. Mike says:

If I am correct, it took Adobe until v.8.3 to begin making provision for M4/3 cameras, specifically the M5 and M1. Where is their vision? Driving their profits, but unaware of the services provided by DxO!
    To compound the issue, it seems that no Olympus or Panasonic lenses are yet supported, but the Go-Pro Hero is.
    Am I the only M4/3 to use CC and to be giving serious consideration to abandoning Adobe?
    If I am hopelessly incorrect, I apologize on bended knee. If I am correct, I regret that my long-departed grand-mother didn’t direct Adobe’s R&D.

20. José Manuel Polo Larrondo says:

Quiero actualizar el Plug-in que tengo instalado en iMac Maverick versión 7.0.0.308 y me ha dejado de funcionar y me dice que he de actualizar. Mi cámara es una Nikon D610. Creo que debería tener el Plug-in Camera Raw 8.3. Lo veo en varias páginas pero ninguna para descargarlo.
    No se si tendrá algo que ver, pero en mi programa Adobe Photoshop CS6 dejó de funcionar la Camara Raw a los pocos días de descargar a prueba Capture NX2 de Nikon. Me interesa más Camera Raw.

21. Aaron Hicks says:

I entirely redact my initial statement. After one day using Lightroom on a trial basis as an alternative to Bridge in my workflow for RAW processing, I’m completely sold. Compared to Bridge + Adobe Camera RAW 6.xx, the tools in Lightroom are magnitudes more polished — the preview rendering much swifter — and the overall experience infinitely more pleasurable. If you can afford the ~ $100, forgo downloading the Adobe’s DNG converter and jump straight to Lightroom. You’ll thank yourself later.