As mentioned here, updates to Camera Raw 8 for Photoshop CS6 only include new camera support, lens profile support, and bug fixes. The new features listed in the release notes are only available in Photoshop CC.
This release candidate has dropped support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Mac OSX 10.6 for Photoshop CS6 customers. Impacted customers can continue either update to compatible operating system or continue to use Camera Raw 8.3 for Photoshop CS6. Photoshop CS6 customers on Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion), Mac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) will not be impacted and will continue to receive updated camera support through future ACR 8.x dot releases.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.4 Release Candidate
- Canon EOS 1200D (REBEL T5, KISS X70)Casio EX-100
- DJI Phantom
- Fujifilm X-T1
- Hasselblad H5D-50c
- Hasselblad HV
- Nikon D3300
- Nikon D4S
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 (*)
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS40 (DMC-TZ60, DMC-TZ61)
- Phase One IQ250
- Samsung NX30
- Sony Alpha a5000 (ILCE-5000)
- Sony Alpha a6000 (ILCE-6000)
* denotes preliminary support
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.4 Release Candidate
|Apple||Apple iPhone 5c|
|Canon||Canon EF 200-400mm f/4 L IS USM|
|Canon||Canon EF 200-400mm f/4 L IS USM EXT|
|Canon||Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM|
|Canon||Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II|
|Canon||SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM A013|
|Canon||Zeiss Otus 1.4/55 ZE|
|DJI||Phantom Vision FC200 (for raw files)|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 VR|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED|
|Nikon||SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM A013|
|Nikon||Zeiss Otus 1.4/55 ZF.2|
|Sigma||SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM A013|
|Sony E||Sony E PZ 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS|
|Sony FE||Sony FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 20mm F2.8|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 24mm F2 ZA SSM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 35mm F1.4 G|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 50mm F1.4|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 50mm F1.4 ZA|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 11-18mm F4.5-5.6|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 30mm F2.8 Macro SAM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM|
Camera Raw 8.4 introduces the following new features for Photoshop CC customers:
A new before/after Preview system with side-by-side and split-view support.
- The main idea is a simple Before/After set of image settings.
- The Preview checkbox in earlier versions of ACR has been replaced by three buttons in the bottom-right of the ACR main dialog. From left to right, they are:
- Mode: Click this button to cycle through left/right and top/bottom side-by-side and split-view modes. Click-and-hold this button to bring up a popup menu for directly choosing Preview modes and accessing the Preview Preferences. Keyboard shortcut: Press Q to cycle through the Preview modes.
- Swap: Click this button to swap Before/After settings. Keyboard shortcut: Press P to swap Before/After settings for the primary selected image only; press Shift-P to swap Before/After settings for all selected images.
- Copy: Click this button to copy the After settings to the Before settings. This is useful for establishing a temporary “checkpoint” for your image editing session. Keyboard shortcut: Press Option-P to copy After settings to the Before settings for the primary selected image only. Press Shift-Option-P to copy After settings to the Before settings for all selected images.
- The After preview image always reflects the current slider and tool settings (White Balance, Exposure, etc.).
- The standard single-image view always shows the After state.
- In the side-by-side and split-view modes, the Before settings are always shown on the left or top, and the After settings are always shown on the right or bottom.
- The Preview Preferences dialog supports customizing the Preview modes used for cycling and some drawing options.
- When using any tool other than Zoom and Pan (hand) in a side-by-side or split-view, changes are only allowed on the After view. Using the Crop tool will put you back into the standard single-image mode.
- Zooming and panning on one view will automatically zoom and pan the other.
Pet Eye correction: The Red Eye tool can now correct bright pupils in animals. Select ‘Pet Eye’ from the new drop down menu in the Red Eye tool to locate and fix pet eyes.
Changes to Local Corrections:
- Added a mechanism to quickly reset all local correction sliders (Temperature, Exposure, etc.) to zero: right-click on a local adjustment pin and choose “Reset Local Correction Settings” from the context menu. Another way is to click on a local adjustment pin, and then choose “Reset Local Correction Settings” from the flyout menu.
- Added “Fill Image” to context menu for Radial Filter. Right-click on a radial filter adjustment pin and choose “Fill Image” from the context menu to resize the radial filter to cover the image area. (Shortcut: double-click inside the ellipse overlay for a radial filter adjustment to accomplish the same task.)
- Added “Check All” and “Check None” buttons to Synchronize, New Preset, Save Settings, and Copy/Paste (Bridge) dialog boxes. These are shortcuts for checking all/none of the check boxes.
- Added keyboard shortcut: When using the Crop Tool or Straighten Tool, press the X key to flip the crop aspect ratio (landscape to portrait, portrait to landscape).
- Added explanatory note to Lens Correction “Profile” panel to indicate when built-in (metadata-based) lens profiles are automatically applied to the image.
Added context menu to Histogram pane. The context menu can be used to enable Lab color readouts, even when the Workflow Options are set to another color space (such as Adobe RGB). The context menu and also be used to toggle the shadow, highlight, and gamut clipping warnings.
Added Camera Matching color profiles (PROVIA/STANDARD, Velvia/VIVID, ASTIA/SOFT, MONOCHROME, etc.) for the following Fujifilm cameras:
- Fujifilm X-A1
- Fujifilm X-E1
- Fujifilm X-E2
- Fujifilm X-M1
- Fujifilm X-S1
- Fujifilm X-T1
- Fujifilm X-Pro1
- Fujifilm X10
- Fujifilm X20
- Fujifilm XF1
- Fujifilm XQ1
- Fujifilm X100
- Fujifilm X100S
- Fix bug that prevented opening Nikon D800/D800E raw images shot with a DX lens in Live View Video mode.
- Grain effect now varies from image to image to facilitate editing time-lapse and video frame sequences.
- Artifacts appear along edges of photo when applying grain.