Today we’re announcing the immediate availability of Lightroom mobile.
Lightroom mobile extends your existing workflows beyond the desktop, allowing you to utilize your iPad to review and edit your images and have the changes sync back to your Lightroom catalog at home, including:
- access images in your Lightroom catalog
- make selects, reject unworthy photos
- apply a preset
- fine tunes your images using the Basic panel
- import new photos directly from the camera roll
Once you’ve told Lightroom a collection of pictures should be sent to Lightroom mobile, the process is handled automatically and the pictures will become available on your iPad once it is connected to the internet. Any changes you make on your iPad will be automatically synced and updated back to the Lightroom catalog on your desktop.
Lightroom mobile utilizes Smart Previews to provide raw editing functionality on your iPad. First introduced in Lightroom 5 beta, Smart Previews are:
- Based on the DNG file format
- Limited to 2560 pixels on the long edge
- Smaller versions original raw files
- Can be used to make adjustments even when the original files aren’t available locally
- Adjustments made to Smart Previews are applied to the original when the original files are available
NOTE – It may take up t0 24 hours for Lightroom mobile to be available in your local iOS app store.
How to get started:
Download Lightroom 5.4
Lightroom mobile is a companion to Lightroom desktop. Lightroom 5.4 is the first version of Lightroom desktop that includes the ability to sync images to Lightroom mobile. Please update to the latest version of Lightroom 5 using either the Creative Cloud app or by clicking on the “Help-> Check for Updates” menu option.
Lightroom mobile utilizes cloud services to sync Smart Previews and changes between Lightroom desktop and Lightroom mobile. Lightroom mobile requires a qualifying Creative Cloud or Photoshop Photography Plan subscription:
- Photoshop Photography Program
- Creative Cloud complete plan
- Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition
- Creative Cloud for teams complete plan
A free 30-day trial of Lightroom mobile is available
Sync a collection
Lightroom mobile is organized around Collections. Images within Collections will be synced and be available in Lightroom mobile.
Download Lightroom mobile
Visit the App Store on your iPad and download Lightroom mobile. Once you login with the same Creative Cloud account, you’ll see all of your synced Collections.
Check out your photos at lightroom.adobe.com
In addition to Lightroom mobile, we’ve also launched Lightroom web, a new way to view and share your images from any web browser. Available at http://lightroom.adobe.com.
Lightroom mobile is available now on iPad 2 or later, and works on iOS7 or later.
Give us feedback!
Once you’ve gotten started with Lightroom mobile, don’t forget to leave us feedback about your experiences. Lightroom wouldn’t be what it is today without the loyal community of regular customers who help us find and fix common issues. If you keep talking to us, we’ll keep listening.
Here are a few ways that you can send us feedback and learn more:
- Lightroom videos on YouTube and AdobeTV
- Give feedback on the Lightroom user-to-user forums
- Feature requests on GetSatisfaction
- Engage with us on our social channels on Facebook and Twitter