Lightroom mobile iPhone, update for iPad now available

Today we’re announcing the immediate availability of Lightroom mobile on iPhone.  With the addition of the iPhone, Lightroom now seamlessly connects your desktop, iPad and iPhone.

As with iPad, Lightroom mobile on iPhone extends your workflow beyond your desktop.  You can now use either your iPhone or iPad to review and edit images and sync the changes back to the Lightroom catalog at home.   And now with the 1.1 update for iPad, you can also apply star ratings to your images and also use the custom order that you’ve set within your collections.

Once you’ve told Lightroom a collection of pictures should be sent to Lightroom mobile, the process is handled automatically and the pictures will become available on your iPad and iPhone once it is connected to the internet.

Lightroom mobile on iPhone utilizes Smart Previews to provide raw editing functionality to your smartphone.  First introduced in Lightroom 5 beta, Smart Previews are:

• Based on the DNG file format
  • Limited to 2560 pixels on the long edge
  • Smaller versions original raw files
  • Can be used to make adjustments even when the original files aren’t available locally
  • Adjustments made to Smart Previews are applied to the original when the original files are available

How to get started:

Download Lightroom 5.5

Lightroom mobile is a companion to Lightroom desktop.  Lightroom 5.5 is the latest version of Lightroom desktop that includes the ability to sync images to Lightroom mobile.  Please update to the latest version of Lightroom 5 using either the Creative Cloud app or by clicking on the “Help-> Check for Updates” menu option.

Lightroom mobile utilizes cloud services to sync Smart Previews and changes between Lightroom desktop and Lightroom mobile.  Lightroom mobile requires a qualifying Creative Cloud or Photoshop Photography Plan subscription:

• Creative Cloud Photography plan
  • Creative Cloud complete plan
  • Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition
  • Creative Cloud for teams complete plan

A free 30-day trial of Lightroom mobile is available

Sync a collection

Lightroom mobile is organized around Collections.  Images within Collections will be synced and be available in Lightroom mobile.

Download Lightroom mobile

Visit the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and download Lightroom mobile.  Once you login with the same Creative Cloud account, you’ll see all of your synced Collections.

Check out your photos at lightroom.adobe.com

In addition to Lightroom mobile, we’ve also launched Lightroom web, a new way to view and share your images from any web browser.  Available at  http://lightroom.adobe.com.

System Requirements

Lightroom mobile for iPad is available now on iPad 2 or later, and works on iOS7 or later.

Lightroom mobile for iPhone is available now on iPhone 4s or later and works on iOS7 or later.

Give us feedback!

Once you’ve gotten started with Lightroom mobile, don’t forget to leave us feedback about your experiences. Lightroom wouldn’t be what it is today without the loyal community of regular customers who help us find and fix common issues. If you keep talking to us, we’ll keep listening.

Here are a few ways that you can send us feedback and learn more:

Thanks!

26 Responses to Lightroom mobile iPhone, update for iPad now available

1. Steve Laskevitch says:

When can we look for Brush mode for Graduated and Radial Filters? It’s so strange to have ACR and LR out of sync.

2. Gary says:

Looking forward to Lightroom Mobile for Android devices!

3. Dan Hauswald says:

Is Lightroom Mobile in the works for Android?

4. Lin says:

I upgraded to 5.5 and lost access to LR mobile…. Nothing works to make it work… downloaded LR mobile again and that didn’t help… what are you to do???????????????????

5. CC says:

Looking forward to having a go! Exciting…!!!

6. Giovanni says:

Wow! Gotta buy it! :Can’t wait for the Android version as well :)

7. Jools RB says:

we have the Photographers CC package – and love it, but have had issues with the CC installer recognising Lightroom and saying that it is not installed. Several months ago, I re-installed Lightroom 5 via the CC updater a few months back and can still see that fact in the CC Updater history, however in checking for a 5.5 update the CC updater says Lightroom is NOT installed again!! How can I get it to recognise that Lightroom is installed and that it (the CC updater) installed the last version !!!

Thanks

Jools

8. Jools RB says:

Thanks Rikk for your reply.
    I did as you suggested, but it still lists Lightroom 5 in the to be installed apps section.
    Under the Home section of the CC App it still tells me that I (or rather the CC App) installed Lightroom 5 some 78 days ago !
    I think I have heard about other people having the same issue.
    I am using a Mac running 10.8.5.
    Thanks !
    Jools

• Rikk Flohr says:

Sometimes a reboot will cure it as well but it begs the question:

Do you have the non-CC version of Lightroom installed as well?

• Jools RB says:

Hi.
        In my Applications folder, I have LR4 and just one version of LR5.
        I did originally have LR5 installed before CC, and then (months ago) let CC install over the top of LR5 via the CC App – and all looked fine via the CC App – for weeks.

I’ll try a reboot in a few hours when I have finished my other work.
        Jools

• Jools RB says:

Hi.
          tried a reboot, and the CC App still shows LR5 as not installed.
          Thanks
          Jools

• Jools RB says:

any ideas about why Lightroom 5 does not show in my CC app (on Mac Mountain Lion), when CC installed LR5 itself ?
            thanks
            Jools

9. LS3 says:

Are the comments to The Field Triage Opportunity for LR Mobile closed? Thanks!

10. Jools RB says:

still the CC app won’t list Lightroom as an app that is already installed (and I used the app to install it weeks ago)
    I just tried
    which does not work either
    any further ideas?
    Jools

• Jools RB says:

A few weeks ago I deleted the CC app and downloaded a new version. this still showed that I did not have LR5 installed, so I let the CC app install LR5 after backing up plugins etc.
      the CC app would then show LR5 was installed (by it). All appeared fine until a couple of days ago, when an update to Lightroom came out. now the CC app thinks I don’t have LR5 at all again!
      maddening!!
      help
      thanks
      Jools

11. liam smith says:

looking forward to the android version

12. Craig Beyers says:

How can I share LR Mobile collections via Lightroom Web without making my Adobe ID public? If I email the URL of my images, that URL (i.e., https://lightroom.adobe.com/libraries/94a4d41c431047d2b7e75f0a5b7c54a0/albums) takes me to what is essentially an advertising/login screen for Lightroom rather than to my images.

• Rikk Flohr says:

You need to share your individual galleries by clicking on the Share Icon in the upper left and selecting Sharing Options. In the dialog that comes up , choose Limited Public and copy the URL it reveals. That is the URL to share. It does not require an Adobe ID for your recipient to view it.

• Craig Beyers says:

That works, but not from LR Mobile, only from LR Web. Took a while to figure out that not-so-subtle difference, but it works. Thanks. Wish I could do it directly from LR and LR Mobile. Maybe in the next version(s)…

13. Roman says:

Ability to add keywords in Ligthroom Mobile. Is this feature planned in the future version and if so, could give us approximate time? Thanks.

cheers