Lightroom 5.6 Now Available

Lightroom 5.6 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 5.  The goal of this release is to provide support for additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.

Release Notes

Sony Alpha Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM
Sony Alpha Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM
Sony Alpha Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II
Sony Alpha Sony 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] STF
Sony Alpha Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II
Sony E Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M

Please note – the profile for the newly added Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens is not automatically located when applying lens profile corrections.  This is a bug and we will fix it in a future release.  The workaround is to:

-        Manually select the profile and choose “Save New Lens Profile Defaults” in the Setup menu on the Profile tab. From then on, the lens should automatically select when the profile is enabled.

Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.6

• Collections with a custom sort order would sometimes not properly sync with Lightroom mobile.
  • Updated the “Adobe Standard” color profile for the Nikon D810.  Please note that this only impacts customers who used Camera Raw 8.6 or DNG Converter 8.6 to convert NEF raw files from the D810 to DNG
  • Star ratings set in Lightroom mobile did not properly sync to Lightroom desktop.  Please note that this only occurred on images that were added to Lightroom mobile from the camera roll
  • Resolved the issues causing the persistent “Syncing … images” state that some of our customers have reported.”
  • Star ratings would sometimes not sync from Lightroom desktop to Lightroom mobile.  Please note that this only occurred when attempting to sync a Collection that contained more than 100 photos that already contained star ratings.
  • Added information to the “System Info” dialogue to help designate if the customer installed Lightroom from the Creative Cloud.
  • Unable to open sRaw files from the Nikon D810.  Please note that this only impacted customers that converted D810 sRaw files to DNG in either Camera Raw 8.6 RC or DNG Converter 8.6 RC.
  • Images with invalid GPS coordinates would not properly sync with Lightroom mobile
  • Lightroom occasionally crashed when changing image selection on Windows. Please note that this only occurred on the Windows platform.
  • JPEG files exported from Lightroom would not open or be available to edit within Canon Digital Photo Professional application software.
  • Lightroom would run in reduced functionality mode when it should not.

Download Links:

Lightroom 5.6:

Mac - http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5822

Win - http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5823

150 Responses to Lightroom 5.6 Now Available

1. issac says:

Hello Adobe
    I purchased a stand-alone version of Lightroom 5 from bhphotovideo.com in June 2014 seeing that a free upgrade to Lightroom 5.5 was offered.
    Currently I’m shooting the Nikon D810, I did not install the software because of lack of support. Today I saw that Lightroom 5.6 Final version has been introduced. Can I upgrade from Lightroom 5 to Lightroom 5.6? I intend to install Lightroom only after getting a clarification about this

Thanks
    Issac

• Rikk Flohr says:

Yes, you can upgrade from any version of Lightroom 5.x to 5.6 for free. My recommendation would be to install the Version 5.6 directly and then enter your 5.0 serial number rather than installing 5.0 and upgrading.

• Lars Thufvesson says:

I have purchased LR 5.0 and could upgrade to 5.4, all in 64 bit. But I could never do the 5.4 upgrade nor the latest 5.6. The 32 bit files are extracted but the 64 bits give an error message, like ‘not enough disc space’ and ‘no privilege to write’ My C drive has 230 GB and I have tried to install as admin.I have also uninstalled 5.0 but still the same problem.So right now I am sitting with 5.0 and have to look for 5.4 again. Any suggestions what to do??

2. Christopher Ekfeldt says:

Hi.
    Some times when using my wacomboard (intous 4 medium) some combination of buttons pressed (keyboard+wacom) activates a change of the appearence of the cursor.
    System:
    Win7 64bit
    Mouse logitech Performance Mouse MX + (Latest mouse software)

Sollution
    Enter new settings in mouse settings every time.

3. Frank says:

No performance tweaks at all? :(. My editing panel, especially healing brush slows down my really fast machine so hard :(

vg

• Allan says:

I have the same problem as Frank. I thought it was just me….If I remember correctly, It started happening after a minor maintenance upgrade in 5.3

• Allan says:

I forgot to add…when LR 5.5 was released, I completely uninstalled the Previous Version of LR and reinstalled it, and still had the same problem.

• Aleksander T. Eriksen says:

I have same problem on a brand new iMac 27″ with 3.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 512 flash disk, GTX780M..

Adjustment brush is like dodging in PS v1.0 (NOT CS) when computers had less disk-space than we have cpu-cache today.

Changing from “current” raw file to next could take between 1-5 seconds, even if 1:1 and standard size previews is built! The Raid-5 disk has stopped spinning before image turn up on monitor!!!! Culling down images takes forever, and I’m just hours away from installing LR 3.6 and CS6 and getting off the cloud!

Generally slow LR performance on OS X Maverics compared to Win7 (my other workstation). which has less hardware than iMac.

I’m now working from same disk as before, Raid-5 USB-3. I have tried reinstalling LR. I have tried removing LR preferences. I have reinstalled Mavericks. I have fixed permissions. I have followed Adobe’s tips (the huge list). I’ve also diagnosed the iMac with checkdisk, memcheck, logs, etc…

It’s either Adobe, Windows or Apple’s fault this… Making software or operating system which is compatible with each other is not easy, apparently! I don’t like Adobes approchement either, adding fancy selling features (SH*T) is more important than making software work like it should.

• Larry says:

Same problem with my copy of LR 5.5. I upgraded from version 3 to 5. With version 3, the healing brush worked very well but the troubles began in version 5. I’d like to see a fix for that.

• Steve says:

Have you tried turning off your Lens Profile Corrections? I don’t know what you mean by “Healing Brush” but I know that I, and several other people in the Adobe forums, have terrible performance with the Spot Removal tool while the Profile Corrections are turned on. I guess the workaround is to turn the Profile off, make your edits and then turn it back on.

You can search the forums linked earlier to see if there’s been any progress.

4. Lightroom 5.5 was available as an update via Creative Cloud app, will this not be?

5. Stéphane says:

Please … Build two installer for windows, one for 32b and one other for 64b !

Stéphane

6. Chris Owen says:

No update in Creative Cloud yet??

7. Mandhir says:

Kenneth Gjesdal: Yes, this update would also be available by Creative Cloud Desktop App

8. Sebastian says:

Please make Lightroom run on case-sensitive filesystems.

9. Peter says:

no edit brush forthe gradient filter?
    its in ACR but not LR?

what do you do all the time.. coding more mobile BS for facebook snapshooter?

• Rikk Flohr says:

Thanks for your feedback. As a matter of policy, we cannot add features to Lightroom dot releases. We will look to add features to the next major release of Lightroom.

• You mean to say that the edit brush feature for gradient would only be available in Lightroom 6 and not before that?

• Peter says:

that´s´s just more BS…. adobe has added features in point releases before.

New Features in Lightroom 5.2
        ◾A Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel under Color Noise Reduction. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts
        ◾Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool: ◾New Feather control
        ◾Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
        ◾Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle

◾Auto Exposure has been improved to be more consistent across images and across different image sizes.
        ◾Smart Preview size has been updated to 2560 pixels on the long edge.
        ◾Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush: ◾Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
        ◾Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment

• Steve Laskevitch says:

Part of Creative Cloud membership is “ongoing updates and upgrades when they become available”. ACR 8.6 shows that the features are available. CC was to overcome the “no new features in dot releases” BS. All of the other apps do it, and we’re to believe only the LR team can’t? Nonsense. I’m a subscriber for the reason that we are promised that we don’t have to wait for full version number releases. Ask one of your evangelists…it’s what they’re promising.

10. Kim Jones says:

I have a Canon 300mm f/2.8 L IS USM II lens. There is not a Lens Profile for that lens in Lightroom or PS CC. When will one be available?

11. Surely as CC members we should be getting this at least at the same time as everyone else. What’s the logic here?

12. Bryan Akers says:

I hope that further updates to Lightroom will enhance performance. I am finding that 1:1 or larger previews slow down my machine. This slowing down occurs either after using the cloning tools or detail panel. For now, I have saved sharpening until the end of processing and cloning for Photoshop…but I wish it didn’t have to be that way.

13. mitchj says:

Agreed with John. This seems to be a regular event that the CC app does not reveal the latest LR release. There needs to be a way for CC to refresh or force an update, or if the delay is at the launch end it should be day and date.

14. mitchj says:

“As a matter of policy, we cannot add features to Lightroom dot releases.”

This I don’t understand. Not that I was expecting a feature bump (as truly that is not the intent of a dot), but if I recall there were times in the past there were additions to dot releases. The first that immediately comes to mind was the amazing (and amazingly kept quiet) ability to edit 32-bit in 4.1. One of my all-time favorite LR updates.

• Peter says:

well it´s just BS.. just look ate past releases…. of course they have added new features.

for example 5.2:

New Features in Lightroom 5.2
      ◾Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool: ◾New Feather control
      ◾Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle

◾Smart Preview size has been updated to 2560 pixels on the long edge.

15. Nathan Smith says:

The update appeared for me 7 hours ago when I opened Lightroom 5.5 on my Mac. A pop-up appeared telling me that 5.6 was available. Immediately afterwards, I opened the Adobe CC panel which told me Lightroom was up to date. So I guess it takes awhile for that to show up. But if you use Lightroom daily you should have already been notified, and you don’t really need to know until you actually use Lightroom for the very first time since the update, correct?

• Pete Green says:

Quitting and Restarting, or logging out and logging back into the CC Desktop Application should refresh it to show the LR 5.6 update.

16. Jason says:

I was really hoping that LR Mobile would be offered for those that actually purchased the software, not just CC users. Why punish your customers that bought the licensed software vs. just leasing it?

• The Lightroom mobile service utilizes cloud infrastructure to seamlessly sync image data and edits between the desktop and mobile devices. We’re delivering these services through the Creative Cloud and the Photoshop Photography Program which allow us to continue to deliver innovation and ensure that apps and services are always updated. Due to the nature of cloud services having ongoing costs, Lightroom mobile is not something that can be offered for a one time fee.

• Jason says:

In my view, this is a very poor customer experience. I understand there are incremental cloud serving costs – but this should be included in an option w/ purchase. For example, there are a few paid ($20) iOS apps that let you sync w/ LR. Crazy to me that I have to go through a 3rd party, when Adobe already has a product that bridges that technology gap.

• Peter says:

the mobile stuff is only there to lure people into subscription.
      for me as working professionall the mobile features have no value at all.

i fear that version 6 will have a ton of new mobile features but nothing really intersting otherwise.

17. ange says:

I was expecting to have the performance issue fixed on Maverick.
    Seeing this rainbow wheel so often is so painful!!

Reference: https://forums.adobe.com/message/6541471#6541471

18. mitchj says:

…and at 9:23AM central an update push pops up from CC which includes… Photoshop and Bridge. Great to get updates for ACR but still missing one.

• Pete Green says:

Hi Mitchj,

You can choose Help > Check for Updates from within Lightroom, or quit and restart the Creative Cloud Desktop Application and either method should help you get LR updated.

19. Gerhard Huber says:

Why is there still no support for the Sigma Merrill Cameras? The old cameras were supported and it worked great.

20. Robert Gardner says:

Every time I install update for Lightroom I have to reinstall my publish links and relink my photos on my web site with Lightroom. this is very tedious is there a workaround for this? It is getting so that I don’t want to run updates..

21. Dan Fredericks says:

Any plans on getting Fuji lens profiles?

22. gegjr says:

I tried updating from the popup in LR5.5 but I was taken to the 5.5 download and YES, I do already have 5.5.

23. gegjr says:

I tried to update using the popup window inside LR5.5 to 5.6 but was taken the 5.5 download. I had to login in to Adobe in a browser and do search for 5.6. Yes, before you ask, I do have 5.5 installed.

24. Roland Meier says:

@Dan Fredericks – I assume you mean X-series. This is already implemented but works differently – the required lens profiles are supplied as metadata embedded in the RAW files and those are automatically applied by Lightroom / ACR. So you always get corrected RAW files but you cannot switch it off! The proof is in shooting RAW+JPEG – you will notice that the geometric and vignetting characteristics of the photos are (nearly) identical.

25. jock says:

Has anyone other than me tried to shoot tethered on Lightroom 5.6 with a Nikon D810, the software refuses to see the camera. Is this an example releasing the upgrade before the whole software is compatable? I thought it was a bit quick.

26. Rob Cole says:

No graduated filter brushes?

• Arnie says:

Rob, this really disappointing aspect was already discussed some lines before and answered with a “As a matter of policy, we cannot add features to Lightroom dot releases. We will look to add features to the next major release of Lightroom.”
      In any case I can neither understand this argument nor the fact that since 5.5 Lightroom is not including all the features of the parallel ACR version (8.5).

27. Dan Thompson says:

What about support for the Nixon D4S.

28. Dan Thompson says:

Nikon…..sorry for the typo.

29. Sylvain says:

The funny thing is that two days ago I looked for my camera and pcouldn’t find it D800, and now I see the D810… Am I missing something????

30. Stephan E. says:

Please add lens profiles of RAW enabled compact cameras like the Sony RX100 I, II, III

31. Godofredo Baylon says:

Does LIghtroom 5.6 support D4s tethering?

32. Ralph Daily says:

In CC, Lightroom used to show up up to date and now it shows “install” . Why doesn’t it just show update is available. It does when I launch the app, but thought it would show update through cc. I have 5.5.

33. Julie McLeod says:

Something is amiss with the update process. From within LR, Check for Updates tells me there is an update available and when I choose “Download”, I get a message saying “To update to the latest version of Lightroom for use with your Creative Cloud membership, please quit Lightroom, launch the Creative Cloud app, and click the “Install” button next to Lightroom 5.” I’ve quit and relaunched the CC app as well as signing out and back in. LR only shows as available to Install in the Find New Apps section. It does not appear as an installed app in the first section as it used to do. Something has changed since the last update.

• Julie McLeod says:

I still have no update offered in the Creative Cloud app, even after quitting and restarting multiple times over the last week.

Question one: Since I am not offered the Update option, do I have to use the Install button and install anew?

Question two: What is the proper way to report this to Adobe? Have already tried reporting it on the feedback site (photoshop.com).

• Julie McLeod says:

After talking to Creative Cloud Support, I’ve got this resolved and will post in case it helps others with the same problem. Evidently, the CC app was not offering me the update to LR 5.6 because the LR version I had installed was the perpetually licensed version of LR 5.5. Because I also have the Photographer’s CC Plan, I needed to install LR from within the CC app before I could update to 5.6. I’m not sure why it is like this since folks who do NOT have the CC could update their perpetually licensed versions of LR to 5.6. Seems kind of screwball that because I have the Photographer’s CC I need to use LR within the CC even if I have a perpetually licensed version. :(

34. Suzanne says:

I downloaded 5.6 yesterday and now I am unable to print. After I click the print button by printer pop up box says “sending data to printer” and that’s as far as it goes. It never starts printing. I also noticed my photo does not appear in the print preview box – it is just white. Any ideas, or does anyone know if I can go back to 5.5? If I download 5.5 will it override 5.6, or is there some other way to go back?

35. Mary Garcia says:

Have Canon 70D, will this camera be added to Camera tethering? I have tried tethering but camera not detected & starts to flicker

36. Alec says:

When I updated from 5.4 to 5.5, not that long ago, I discovered 5.5 wouldn’t let me export so I reverted back to 5.4.
    Now, before I try 5.6, can you tell me, has the export bug been fixed?

• Rikk Flohr says:

I haven’t seen reports of export not working in any of the recent versions. It is working fine for me in 5.6 but then it worked in 5.5, 5.4 etc. You can always revert back if it doesn’t work.

37. erling says:

Come on guys. Tethering for Canon 70D not added. About 6 months ago for an earlier update of LR you said you hadn’t the info needed to include this. Why is it still missing??

Erling

38. John Schmidt says:

5.5 (and possibly earlier) crashes when import selected if a Samsung android phone is plugged into a USB port. Has this been fixed in 5.6? Nothing about this in the release notes.

39. Claus Peters says:

My rx100m3 is only half supported – there is no lens profile for the camera!

• Rikk Flohr says:

If your lens profile is embedded in the camera’s Raw file already, Lightroom won’t profile (or allow you to do so) a second time. To confirm your camera’s lens treatment, the latest version of ACR (8.6) will indicate this.

40. Chris says:

is there a way how to deploy Lightroom 5 in enterprise ?

41. Peter says:

A 100 years into Lightroom, yet another version, and still no memory for the INDIVIDUAL image location in a directory! Extremly annoying to start always with image ONE when leaving and returning to a folder. Why Adobe, oh why? It seems such an easy function and the request ist … well, 100 years old :).

42. RSmith says:

Does Adobe realize on the Lightroom 5.6 download for Windows link page, all the written instructions say Lightroom 5.5?

I, too am experiencing problems with 5.5 crashing, but am not techie enough to describe what happens before it crashed. No pattern here. I tried to import photos from my SD card, it crashed before importing.
    Also, I have been getting a windo when I try to open the program that says another version is running, etc. and to close that version. This was an install from the Adobe link via Lightroom 5.4. Not happy with this version alt all. It’s a mess.

43. RSmith says:

Additionally, after installing LR5.5, I got an email saying welcome to Creative Cloud. I never signed up for that. What is that about?

44. Barbara says:

I upgraded from LR 5.5 to 5.6 and now am having issues exporting images. When I export an image (to a folder on my desktop), it exports as a .tif file instead of .jpeg. Also, the box to limit size and resolution is greyed out so images are full sized and full res. Other fields are also greyed out. These are the immediate issues – there are additional issues. But if I can get these resolved I can probably get the others resolved too. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

45. Alan Barry says:

Shooting with Nikon D810. I have downloaded 5.6. Trying to Tether Capture and while that does load, it shows no camera selected.I am connecting with
    usb 3.0 micro-b connector. what am I doing wrong

46. Thiago Silva says:

There is no old lens profile for the cameras! Fix that!

47. Thomas says:

The upright correction in v5.6 is buggy, I need to switch back to v5.5

48. Yvonne Clark says:

Unfortunately since adobe cloud updated to 5.6 the program no longer loads. Is there any way to fix it or get an earlier build?

49. Lyndsi says:

I was having crashing problems with 5.5, and downloaded 5.6 to hopefully fix the issue. Still having the exact same problem and error message. I’m using a creative cloud subscription on windows. Is there anything else I can do?

50. Warwick Selby says:

I have just upgraded to LR 5.6. Now I cannot export files as JPEGs because I get an error message saying not enough memory. I tried increasing the size of the virtual memory but still not working. Can I downgrade back to the previous version or is there a fix?

51. Chris says:

Updated to the new LR (5.6) the other day and now my shortcut to edit in PS CS6 extended states if i’m attempting to open raw file, that I have to ensure the latest Camera Raw update in help…camera raw says all updates are up to date. Never had an issue like this before, what do I do?

52. Wendy says:

I updated to Lightroom 5.6 via Creative Cloud. I am very confused by the controls. In some of my galleries (all recent) I have Recovery, Fill Light, Brightness controls (which I remember from Lr 4). In other galleries I have Highlights, Shadows, and Whites controls (which is what I was using before the update). The software indicates I am using the most current update in each of the galleries when I click “check for updates. What in the world is going on?

• Rikk Flohr says:

Whenever you see the old controls, that means that image was previously edited in an older version of Lightroom using a Process Version 2003 or 2010. Lightroom leaves your image under the old processing method unless you manually upgrade it. A lightning bolt icon will appear under your Histogram to indicate that the image is using an old process version. Click on the lightning bolt and it will walk you through the upgrade process to the latest process version (2012). Then your image will have access to the new controls.

53. Larry Graff says:

Been using Lightroom 5.6 since its release. Suddenly, two days ago while in the midst of a major project, when cropping in develop module the “Done” button has disappeared. I can OK my actions by hitting “return” but I wonder if I might have accidentally set something to “disappear” the button.

54. Alan says:

Since Lightroom 5.5 exporting to jpeg outputs significantly larger files for the exact same image with no additional edits and identical export settings. For example, an image that was exported to 177kb in 5.4 becomes 211kb in 5.5 and 5.6. This is not good for web images. Is this file size increase expected behavior?

• Rikk Flohr says:

Are you perhaps embedding a color profile in the 5.5/5.6 version file?

• Alan says:

It happens with absolutely no changes to any settings: export from 5.4 -> upgrade -> export from 5.6 without touching anything -> jpeg is larger.

I’ve been experimenting some more and the issue seems to be related to resizing the image during export. If I export without resizing, the resulting jpeg file is actually smaller in 5.6 than in 5.4. But if I resize during export the 5.6 file often ends up larger than the 5.4 file.

Whether or not the file size increases might be related to the aspect ratio of the image, though I have not tested this enough to find a pattern. “Short edge” setting increased size for a 16:10ish uncropped, unedited image, and so too did “long edge” and “width and height” settings for an image that was both edited and cropped to 21:9.

• Alan says:

By the way, the “Don’t enlarge” option does not affect this as the original image is always larger than the resized image in both width and height.

55. Henri says:

After installing the 5.6 (had 5.5) LR asks for serial number. I tried entering my CC serial but LR doesn’t accept it. My Creative Cloud desktop app shows Lightroom in the installed apps, so it should be working? But no. Any ideas? My OS is a 64-bit Win 7 professional.

56. alan says:

i have down loaded 5.6 via firefox, on my iMac, when i clicked on the download thingy to install it i get a warming box, The following disk images couldn’t be opened,image Lightroom_5_LS11_mac_5_6.dmg – reason – image not recognized- Now what do i do? other then have beer and try tomorrow…?

• Rikk Flohr says:

First step. Try the download again to make sure you have a good file.
      Second, try using Safari instead of Firefox just to eliminate a browser conflict. I am not seeing any issues on downloading the DMG file using Chrome.

• alan says:

thanks, i used safari and all is good in the land.
        A simple answer
        for a simple problem
        from a great person
        to a simple person.

• Donna says:

Having the same problem, but using Safari to download. I’ve tried downloading three times and keep getting the same error – not recognized?

Thanks.

57. Hey there Adobe, sure would appreciate it if my olympus omd em1 and all my olympus lens were included in Lightroom.
    I sold my nikon D4 and other nikon related gear– not sure if I will buy Nikon anymore– always something haywire with thier camera’s right out of the gate–

58. Kristy Olney says:

I recently updated to 5.6. Now, when I try to upload from my SD card, Lr is telling me there are no photos to upload. Unchecked not importing suspected duplicates, didn’t work. Put the SD card back in my camera, and the photos are in fact still there. I have never encountered this problem before, and have been using Lr since Lr 4. I haven’t yet copied the RAW files to the computer and tried to upload them that way, but plan to when I get off work tonight. Any help would be most appreciated.

59. Ronny says:

Hi – I have just upgraded from the NIkon D3s to the NIkon D4s
    Using Lightroom 5.6. ( Have been using lightroom from the beginning Thanks for an amazing program.)
    I have problem getting pleasing skin tones – i find they are pasty with little details. ( digital looking )
    I often adjust the highlight slider down – especially in flash photos, but still not great
    With my D3s the skin tones were great without any adjustment.
    Any tips??

• Jason Ingram says:

HI There, I have exactly the same problem with the D4S. I loved the colour from the D3S and almost wishing I hadn’t upgraded. If you find a solution please let me know as I would really like the D3S skin tone colour back.

60. Peter says:

What about preventing Mac from going into sleep mode while exporting. Not working in this version?

61. Hi Adobe,

do you have any idea, when ACR or LR are going to support the new Pentax 645 28-45mm lens?

Thanks
    Michael

62. Elana says:

I have just downloaded Lightroom 5.6 and it keeps coming up with an error message when I am trying to export my files that there is not enough memory. It is taking me 10 times longer than it should to export the files. Is there a reason why it is doing this, please?

• Rikk Flohr says:

How much space do you have on the destination for the exported folders? How many photos are you trying to export at a time?

• Thiago Faccioni says:

good day
        I have the same problem after upgrading to 5.3 and 5.6Bom dia
        Note HP Pavilon dv6, 4GB Ram,HD SSD 180gb, AMD6
        ————————————————————————————————-
        Tenho o mesmo problema depois de atualizar para o 5.3 e 5.6
        Note HP Pavilon dv6, 4GB Ram, SSD, AMD6

63. Steven Huang says:

The keyboard shortcut: – (minus)
    should decrease the thumbnail size in Library module. However, the shortcut increases the thumbnail size instead
    The keyboard shortcut: = (equals) increases thumbnail size in Library module as expected. As a result, there’s no way to decrease the thumbnail sizes in Library module. I’ve tried the number pad subtract key and it also incorrectly increases the thumbnail size.

Is anyone else seeing this?

(Win8.1 Lightroom 5.6 – upgraded just today from 5.5)

• Rikk Flohr says:

Is working as expected here, Steven. [ - ] makes smaller thumbnails [ = ] makes them bigger. If you haven’t done any custom keyboard hacking, then the best course of action is probably to reset your preferences file and see if clears it up. Here are some instructions: http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?14226-Resetting-(or-Trashing-)-the-Lightroom-Preferences-file

• Steven Huang says:

Thanks for the suggestion Rikk. After resetting my preferences file, I tracked down the source of the problem.

In Preferences > Interface (tab), I changed
        Panels > Font Size to “Large – 150%” (which was originally set to Medium as default)

upon restarting Lightroom 5.6, the minus (-) shortcut in Library module incorrectly INCREASES the thumbnails. When Font Size was set to Medium, minus (-) shortcut works as expected.

I’m on a 2560×1440 resolution screen (Asus ux301) so medium font settings are almost unreadable. Something tells me this relatively minor bug will not be addressed for quite a long time…

64. Roy Money says:

I purchased the Lightroom 5.6 update on Aug 8 and it installed fine. However I am just migrating my apps to a new pc and when I attempted to install LR5.6 it asked for an activation code, which I don’t recall getting.
    Do I need to install the prior version I purcahsed first so that the update can happen with 5.6?
    I don’t recall having an actiovation code for that either as I downloaded online rather than purchasing CDs. Please advise.

• Rikk Flohr says:

You do not need to install the previous version. Download the latest (LR 5.6) and install. It will ask you for a serial number. If that serial number is for the Upgrade Version it will ask you for your previous version’s serial number. You should have received a serial number as part of your purchase. If not, then you will need to contact customer service with your original order number. If you registered the software, you can also log into Adobe and retrieve your serial numbers.

65. Nadia says:

Can’t wait until tethered capture is supported for the Nikon D810. Crossing my fingers that that happens soon!

66. Alex says:

No update for tethering with a Canon 70D!!! Please

67. Dutch says:

Hi. Just upgraded to new macbookpro retina operating OSX 10.9.4 and LR 5.6. Two questions: 1) the picture image in the develop module is smaller than I recall from earlier computers – larger black border between image and panels. Is there a way to use that space and enlarge the native size? and 2) In slide show module, spin ball appears and LR become unresponsive. Have tried uninstall and reinstall several times and back to ver 5.4…all the same issue. Ball and freeze? Are there known fixes/ Thanks!!!!

• Rikk Flohr says:

1. Set your view in Navigator to Fit instead of what ever it is right now. That should make it as large as possible and keep the image in the space available.
      2. You might try the user-to-user forum with detailed information and see if someone else has seen that problem.

68. Talmon says:

bonjour,
    j’ai acheter et installer la MAJ 5.0 , est-ce que je peut désinstaller la version 3.6 que j’avais avant.
    merci.