Camera Raw 8.8 now available

Camera Raw 8.8 is now available as a final release for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC.  DNG Converter 8.8 is provided for all Lightroom customers and Photoshop customers using versions of Photoshop older than Photoshop CS6.

New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.8

• Casio EX-ZR3500
  • Canon EOS 750D (Rebel T6i, Kiss X8i) (*)
  • Canon EOS 760D (Rebel T6s, Kiss 8000D) (*)
  • Fujifilm X-A2
  • Fujifilm XQ2
  • Hasselblad Stellar II
  • Nikon D5500
  • Olympus OM-D E-M5 II
  • Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7
  • Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 (DMC-TZ70, DMC-TZ71)

(*) denotes preliminary support.  Camera Matching color profiles for these models will be added in a future release.

New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.8

Sony E Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
Sony E Sony FE 28mm F2
Sony E Sony FE 35mm F1.4 ZA
Sony E Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
Sony E ZY Optics Mitakon Speedmaster 50mm f0.95 Pro
Yuneec CGO2gb

** Raw images from the SIGMA dp1 and dp2 Quattro cameras are not supported in Adobe Camera Raw or Adobe Lightroom. Lens profiles for these cameras are provided for Photoshop customers to use with the Lens Corrections Filter.

Release Notes

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed issue with magenta highlights when processing Canon EOS 70D raw files at some ISO settings
  • Fixed issue where vignette correction introduced banding for Voigtlander VM 21mm f/1.8 Ultron
  • Fixed vignette overcorrection at certain focus distances for Pentax FA645 MACRO 120mm F4
  • Fixed issue where vignette correction introduced banding at wider focal lengths for Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR
  • Fixed EXIF name for Zeiss OTUS 85mm f/1.4 (Canon and Nikon mount)
  • Fixed vignette overcorrection for Zeiss Distagon T 1,4_35 ZM
  • Updated lens profile to reflect firmware changes to SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM S014

If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the following plugin installation:

Lightroom Customers –

If you’re using one of the newly supported cameras listed above, please download the DNG Converter.  We’re working to add support to these cameras and they will be added in the next Lightroom release.

Download Links

DNG Converter 8.8:

Win –

Mac –

65 Responses to Camera Raw 8.8 now available

1. Eduard de Kam says:

The download links for mac and windows are exchanged

2. Chuck Uebele says:

Is the camera raw plugin installer for CC and CS6?

3. n/a says:

And when the bug with ALT+TAB on Windows (8.1) task switching when ACR window is full screen will be fixed ?

4. John K says:

I hope that there is a RAW support for the Canon EOS M3 + 11-22mm lens.

Thank you.

5. Leo says:

I do not find any information for canon 600d under lens correction

6. Justus Frranz III says:

nobody dares to adress the white elephant in the room?

• Doug Morton says:

I know right !! LR6……where IS IT !! Please just give us a date and I will calm down.

7. Paul says:

Is this RAW version compatible with LR 5.7.1?
    Adobe never say when the RAW version changes and I don’t like that annoying ‘version incompatibility’ warning when exporting RAW files from LR to PS.

• Pete Green says:

Hi Paul,

LR 5.7.1 does not support the above listed cameras, however, you can use the DNG converter (links in this blog post) to gain ability to process your new RAW images.

• Paul says:

No – I meant is this new ACR compatible with the RAW engine in LR.

What sometimes happens is Adobe update the engine without bothering to say(!) so when you export from LR to PS you get some horrible warning about incompatibility between the RAW engines.

Given that LR6 is just around the corner it’s not implausible it’s changed again…

8. Randy says:

No Canon EF 11-24mm F4?

9. Does camera raw 8.8 support UI 200% for high-density displays?

10. RK Chamberlain says:

A “fault” was introduced in ACR version 8.7 and is still present in this new version 8.8. Not a bug because there is no crash or bad results produced. The fault is that raw conversions are much slower than with version 8.6 or earlier, but only on systems with AVX/AVX2 support. Users with hardware made prior to 2012 will see no fault. Users with newer systems will suffer slow conversions (150%). This issue is documented and reported at the following:

• Aidan says:

Only you’ve reported it, and it needs to be tested with AVX disabled vs enabled, rather than on different hardware. Google for “Disable AVX feature”, there are instructions for disabling AVX under Windows.

• Aidan says:

Correction, Google just for “Disable AVX”. It requires using bcdedit.

• RK Chamberlain says:

Thanks for the reply. I see how I could try to disable AVX. But if it’s not an AVX issue then it’s something else inside ACR 8.7 and will require Adobe to fix.

I can’t get Adobe to acknowledge the issue or even acknowledge the report of it. Their staff have apparently disappeared from all forums, including their own. I can only hope someone at Adobe is at least reading this stuff. We probably have to wait for a few more releases for a fix.

I’m comfortable keeping ACR 8.6 in Photoshop/Bridge. Too bad Lightroom users can’t roll back their version.

• Aidan says:

I tested turning AVX on and off. The tests were exporting photos to JPEG and building fresh 1:1 previews, both tasks I find take awhile. The photos were olympus raw files (ORF) from an OM-D. They had a number of corrections, including a few with complex wide-angle corrections in addition to normal developments. The system is a X1 Carbon with SSD and i5-3427U, which supports AVX (but not AVX2).
      The tests took over 5 minutes each. Times for AVX on vs AVX off were within 0.1sec of each other.
      My conclusion is that AVX does not affect performance at all.

• RK Chamberlain says:

Thanks for that. Certainly helpful information. Are you able to test if there is any difference in speed between ACR 8.6 and ACR 8.7 on your system? I’m guessing you can’t, since “exporting” implies you are running Lightroom and Lightroom can’t be rolled back to previous versions.

But if you also have Photoshop with Bridge, it’s a fairly easy test.

• RK Chamberlain says:

For what it’s worth… In a private email a tech guru has told me that the bcdedit disable of AVX applies only to the Windows operating system itself. If AVX is implemented in the native code of an application program, the bcdedit trick will not disable it. He may be right, he may be wrong. I have no way of telling.

11. Diko says:

So I just want to make sure: CR 8.8 is Adobe PS CS4 compatible, correct?

12. RK Chamberlain says:

A little warning: The plugin installation linked above wipes out the ENTIRE contents of the Common Files/Adobe/Plugins/CC/File formats/ directory where the Camera Raw.8bi is stored. That’s where I keep my older (renamed) versions of the 8bi files. Luckily I had a backup. Been doing that for years, never had an update wipe out my files before.

13. AndyF says:

Oh, hello 🙂 LR 6 can’t be too far round the corner then 🙂

14. Alan Robert McLaren says:

I use Lightroom 5 and I have never converted files to DNG and don’t understand why I would. I keep them original “*.nef”. Original files work well with other image programs. Is ACR not built into lightroom and its updates? I do not use any other Adobe product other than their PDF reader. I do not understand the need for this as a separate item. Wasn’t converting to DNG to future proof compatibility issues among others?

• Rikk Flohr says:

The DNG Converter tool is designed to give compatibility of newly released camera files to older versions of LR (back to Ver 1) or older versions of CS (back to CS2). It is a free utility to allow you to buy a new camera and still use your Adobe software. In the event a camera manufacturer releases a new model, ACR and, by extension, the DNG converter will gain access first as they are not on a release schedule like Lightroom. Using the DNG converter gives you a bridge to access your new camera raw files during the time between the camera’s release and the next Lightroom release.

15. Doug Morton says:

When is the non-subscription Lightroom 6 being released?

16. iMiKE says:

When ALT+TAB bug from ACR to Windows will be fixed?
    I can’t switch to Windows back! Win 7 x64

17. yangrui says:

i want to download the file

18. wujiandong says:

Very good

19. Bruce says:

Does anyone know when Adobe support for the D7200 will be out? The camera is now shipping and since I’m paying a rental fee for Adobe software, I’d love to get a commitment from Adobe when they will have that support. Same sensor size, almost no major features changed from D7100, how difficult could it be?

20. fujin says:

21. fujin says:

Waited for a long time, finally arrived, thank you!

22. Peter Kelly says:

‘Convert to DNG for the new cameras in Lightroom’, but what about the lens profiles???
    Will the RAW 8.8 be available for Lightroom now, or do we have to wait for version 6?

23. Michael says:

Thanks for the Update and the Support of the newer lens profiles!
    Michael from

24. v1978 says:

I got a problem with 4k display, how to fix Alt+Tab switch? (Win 8.1 x64)

25. Axel says:

looking forward to be using ACR functionality in LR soon 🙂

26. Mike says:

I´m using LR 5 (Version 5.7) since one and a half year. Before I use Apple Aperture. I changed, because Apple doesn´t develop further this software. Now it seems, Adobe has the same politics for Lightroom. I´m waiting for an update to open the RAW Files of the new Olympus OM-D E-M5 MarkII. Adobe do not publish any information, if and when the ORF files of this cam could be open. Now I read the update for PS will be done, but not for LR! Means that, in future we have only the possibility to convert a DNG file?? I don´t like to work with a DNG. I like to work with my original ORF! If LR 5.7 will not be able to open the ORF´s, the only way will be to change the software to Capture One. This software now reads the ORF Files from the new E-M5 MarkII.

• Rikk Flohr says:

Lightroom releases new camera support via a loose schedule of 3-4 times per year. The last camera update was done in December 5.7.1. The next update should be coming soon and the Olympus OM-D-E M5 Mark II is on the schedule. Support for this camera was included in the ACR/DNG Update 8.8. Until Lightroom releases its next update, you can use the free Adobe DNG Converter to take your ORF file, create a DNG from it and read it in any version of Lightroom.

Links to the new DNG Converter are here:

27. carlos Versieren says:

I noticed that it is no longer possible to adjust color temperature from within the adjustment brush… does someone know why it’s out of thus release?

28. JH says:

How do you apply the lens correction for NIKKOR 50mm f/1.2?

• Rikk Flohr says:

Support was released in ACR 8.8. Have you installed this yet?

Also, are you attempting to apply the lens correction to a Raw or JPEG file? Some lens profiles are Raw only.

29. klz says:

Thank You;)!

30. Bacon says:

It seems that there is still no profile for the Pentax Q08 lens, do you have plans to include this lens in ACR?

31. Rick Popham says:

Why isn’t this update available for Lightroom? Until now, updates to the RAW engine have been very closely synchronized between LR and ACR/PS. But now LR users have an extra and unwelcome step (DNG converter) added to the workflow. While I appreciate that you’re working on the next LR release, this has yet to be announced and could be months away.

So, what gives? Has Adobe changed its priorities concerning LR?

32. Mike Kirwan says:

So I guess with this release of ACR that Adobe has announced the end of Photoshop CS6 being commercially available. Logic to this statement is the “final release of ACR for CS6 and CC. Leaving only Cloud based solutions going forward for new camera support.

33. iMiKE says:

Where to get old 8.8 Camera Raw plugin only? I’ve got some issues with 9.0 plugin and want to roll back,
    There is 8.8 DNG converter, but I don’t want to DL and install useless soft, I want only 8.8 ACR plugin. Are there links available?

34. Nick Price says:

any news on when Lightroom will work with Olympus raw files (omd mk5 2)