Camera Raw 9.1 is now available through the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC.
As mentioned here, updates to Camera Raw for Photoshop CS6 only include new camera support, lens profile support, and bug fixes. The new features listed in the release notes are only available in Photoshop CC.
- Many outdoor scenes have some amount of haze due to atmospheric conditions. Dehaze is a new feature for removing/adding haze and fog from pictures.
- The user can control how much haze to remove by adjusting a new slider in the Effects panel in the Dehaze section. This feature can also be used in the other direction to increase the amount of haze.
- Recommended Workflow – Adjust the white balance of the image before applying the Dehaze control.
- Local White and Black Adjustment Sliders
- Available with all 3 local adjustment tools: Gradient Filter, Radial Filter and Local adjustment brush
- Useful for fine-tuning tonality near the brightest and darkest parts of the picture. For instance, they can be used to increase the contrast of highlights.
- Recommended Workflow – Make your global adjustments first and then use the local adjustments to fine tune. Use the clip warning indicator to help avoid clipping highlights and shadows.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 9.1
- Fujifilm X-T10
- Nikon 1 J5
- Nikon D810A
- Panasonic DMC-G7
- Pentax K-S2
- Pentax K3 II (*)
*Preliminary support. The multi-shot Pixel Shift Resolution and HDR features are still under investigation.
New Lens Profiles in Camera Raw 9.1
|Canon||Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM|
|Canon||Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM|
|Canon||Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX|
|DJI||PHANTOM 3 FC300S (RAW + JPEG)|
|DJI||PHANTOM 3 FC300X (RAW + JPEG)|
|Leica||Voigtlander VM 15mm f4.5 Super Wide Heliar III Aspherical|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 10-100mm f/4-5.6|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR PD-Zoom 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6|
|Nikon||Nikon AF NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4D IF|
|Nikon||Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-DA L 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6ED DC AW|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II|
- Reduced “color blur” artifacts when processing Fujifilm X-Trans raw images. In collaboration with Fujifilm, we are still investigating methods to improve fine detail rendering and overall edge definition.
- The “Remove Chromatic Aberration” checkbox is now enabled by default for all Fujifilm cameras.
- Fixed crash when reading some JPEG images.
- Fixed bug where Camera Raw Filter would incorrectly show a soft-proofed image.
- Improved quality of display color management on some wide-gamut displays when GPU acceleration is enabled.
- HDR and Pano Merge: Cleared in-camera crop before merging rather than destructively applying it prior to merging.
- Pano Merge: Fixed a Pano blending issue specific to Leica M9.
- Fixed a bug with Panasonic LX100 – extended ISO 100 was too bright and Magenta Highlights have been fixed.
- Fixed a bug with Nikon Coolpix P7800 NRW raw files that showed only Matrix as camera profile.
Camera Raw 9 – Please use the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6 and Creative Cloud app.
Please note – If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the following plugin installation: