Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 is now available

Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 and 6.1.1 are now available as a final release on and through the Creative Cloud application.  The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.

Release Notes

• Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ330
  • Pentax K-3 II*
  • Phase One IQ3 50MP
  • Phase One IQ3 60MP
  • Phase One IQ3 80MP
  • Ricoh GR II
  • Sony A7R II (ILCE-7RM2)
  • Sony DSC-RX10M2
  • Sony DSC-RX100M4

* Please note the following limitations specific to camera support for the Pentax K-3 II:

• Pixel shift Resolution (PSR) mode was added in this release. It is recommended to use a tripod and use a 2-second timer to minimize motion artifacts when in PSR mode.
  • Images created with the In-camera HDR mode are not supported in ACR and Lightroom.  Users who wish to shoot multi-capture HDR in raw mode should shoot separate files and merge to HDR using ACR/Lr’s Merge feature.  Click here to learn more about merging files in Lightroom.

New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 6.1.1

Sony E ZY Optics Mitakon 35mm f/0.95
Sony FE Lensbaby Velvet 56mm f/1.6
Sony FE Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2
Sony FE Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8

Bug Fixes:

Installation Instructions

Please use the Help-> Check for Updates menu item or the Creative Cloud application to install this update

If you’re having trouble, then you can also install via the following links:

Mac  |  Win

115 Responses to Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 is now available

1. This still did not fix LR6 crashing when trying to use the develop module and certain relatively new graphics cards ( Radeon R7 240 in my case).

2. chema says:

“Enterprise customers were unable to access functionality only available in the Creative Cloud version of Lightroom, such as Dehaze”

I can not see this new functionality in Lightroom enterprise…..Anyone knows?

3. Chris says:

Does this fix the bug where a delay occurs and a large black box appears when switching from the Develop to the Grid/Library module?

4. Oli says:

When clicking “Updates” in LR the CC desktop app pops up but it doesn’t show the LR update…
    Same with Photoshop: The CRaw update doesn’t show.
    I have a CC subscription. What to do?

5. Does Lightroom now supports tethered shooting with the new Canon EOS 5Dsr?

6. Albert Andersen says:

Still unable to access functionality only available in the Creative Cloud version of Lightroom and not in the Leica version , such as Dehaze.
    I have updated to version 6.1.1

7. Great update and but crashes all the time with nvidia mobile chipsets 🙁

8. jane says:

these changes are amazing.. CC keeps getting better and better. Love that you have managed to fix this bug:
    Unable to merge files to HDR
    it was really annoying

9. Stefan says:

Are perpetual license holders ‘enterprise customers’?

10. Fredy Willette says:

Update available for PhotoshopCC but but for LightroomCC, at least in France and Belgium

Best regards

11. K.K. HO says:

When a tablet or camera is connecting to PC, the import function will be hanged to analyse these devices. It happens in Lr5 and Lr6.
    The shooting date/time stamp in the exported jpg is mis-understood in Android and iOS tablet.

12. Ian says:

Is it just me but converting to DNG takes twice as long than LR4

13. Kathy Hansen says:

Will this fix the import of files that have been previously imported but are on the same card?

• Rikk Flohr says:

Can you give us more detail about this so I can better answer your question?

• Kathy Hansen says:

Ok….If I have a memory card with more than one photoshoot on it, MOST of the time, LR5 and now LR6 will try to import both the previously imported files as well as the new files. I can’t uncheck all and check one and use the shift key on the last one to check all. I need to then check each new file one at a time. Yesterday, I had to reboot my computer three times because it got stuck importing old and new files and told me there was no preview for them. I finally got it to work, but I still had to uncheck all files and then recheck the new files one by one in order to import. I use Macbook Pro Retina that is one year old. The cards I use are Sandisk Extreme Plus 32gb 80mbs.

• Rikk Flohr says:

Do you rename your files upon import?

• Kathy Hansen says:

• Kathy Hansen says:

Hi, Rikk Flohr. Do you have any suggestions for me?

• Rikk Flohr says:

I would recommend (if you haven’t already) resetting your preference file. To do this in LR 6, Close Lightroom – Hold down [Alt/Opt][Shift] and launch Lightroom – hit the [Delete Preferences] button when prompted. See if your import selection behavior has cleared up.

• Kathy Hansen says:

It is getting more difficult for me to find a “reply” link to you, Rikk Flohr. Please ensure there is a “reply” link for me to respond to you.
            I reset my preference file. I then took out a card with several photo shoots on it. As LR brought them in, some of the files in each shoot were checked and some were not. It appeared random in each shoot, but it would choose a sequential group to check. All of the files on this card had previously been imported. I thank you for staying with me in an effort to fix this difficult issue.

14. Kathy Hansen says:

One more issue!! Sometimes when I use the “F” for full screen, and then escape for normal screen, LR does not respond and stays in full screen. Then I need to reboot the entire computer. Will this issue be fixed?

15. Kevin says:

How could you NOT fix the AMD Radeon problem? It’s been broken since CC 2015 shipped. This is the second patch and it’s STILL ignored? I’m not installing a 2 year old video driver as a “work around”.

16. W.W. Webster says:

The Help-> Check for Updates menu item for my installation of LR 6.0 returns the message that my version is the current version. This is not correct. Where can I find a direct link to LR 6.1.1 or the upgrade to this version.

17. Gregor says:

Please Fix the XTRANS issues soon! Its frustrating!!

18. Rudi says:

I couldn’t check yet, but hope that two annoying bugs are solved (iMac 27″, Yosemite latest) LR CC
    1. Develop Module. Selecting a bunch of pictues and trying to synchronize the development values. Never are all images updated. Randomly there is an amount of images that are not updated! Every time. Doesn’t matter if 3, 12 or more images are selected.
    2. Library Module. Deleting a keyword and then synchronize the metadata. It does not work. Try to change a typo and synchrnoize: You have both the wrong and the changed keyword in every image. Reported it I guess at least in Ver. 4, it was fixed just to be back some time later…

3. Up to know LR CC crashed 3 times while doing nothing at all in LR. Just doing other things while LR was still open. Was at least able to send an report to Adobe after restarting CC when the dialog popped up.
    4. Performance is just a joke. Have been checking Capture One, wow! Performance and great IQ!

19. Andreas says:

We really need a bugfix for Fuji XTRANS Rendering. Sharpening produces lots of artifacts.
    Please help to unleash the power of RAF files.

20. Andreas says:

Fix for Fuji XTRANS files is necessary.
    Sparpening of RAF files produces lots of artifacts.

21. Bandas says:

Trying to update this and it just says, “Waiting”
    Please fix it!

22. john stidham says:

installed update but it does not fix “Waiting for connection”

• john stidham says:

also my “edit/preferences/lr mobile tab says “not signed in” but I am

• Rikk Flohr says:

There are two places to sign in. One is in the Creative Cloud App, the other is in the Lightroom App itself.

In Lightroom, if you look at your Help menu does it show you are signed in? If it does, try signing out from Lightroom>Help and signing back in again.

23. Harald says:

So frustrating.

Even after this update Lightroom can’t import the raw files from my Sony RX100M4.

Why’s that?

24. K.K. HO says:

I shoot with Canon 5DIII with GPS Receiver, the Long./Lat. information is well exported in jpg file. Is it possible to export the bearing information too?
    Every time I import files to catalog, I have to browse through all the way to the destination folder. It can be faster if it allows me to key in the path or a bookmark function is available.

25. Alexander says:

Guys, I need help. LR update shows update error all the time, I have annual CC plan.

26. Maxim says:

This update did not fix the white pictures exporting problem for me

• Rikk Flohr says:

I just tested with the files I used to confirm the original bug and it is fixed for me. Can you verify your Lightroom version number from the Help>System Info menu?

27. HappyCamper says:

Reading the comments perhaps change the cloud version’s name to Lightroom BS? My LR 5.7 works flawlessly thank you very much.

• Gary Anderson says:

I’m pretty disappointed too. I was functioning pretty well before the 6.1.1 update, but since I have used Ctrl-alt-del more times than… ever. I scanned a bunch of old b+w photos to jpgs, cleaned them up with spot healing, contrast, added a vignette at times, pretty straight forward stuff. When I return to the Library I see a “Loading” symbol and dialogue. After 5 minutes (timed) I give up and restart everything, eventually it will sort itself out, sometimes, I left it running overnight and this morning it was still hung up. Yes I have GPU turned off, I reset the preferences to default and as HappyCamper says LR 5.7 runs silky smooth. Anyone going through this in a commercial Environment really has my sympathies.

28. Janice Bowling says:

Could I get someone opinion please? If this was your first time buying Lightroom what version would you buy???????

• Stefan says:

If you are prepared to pay a regular rental fee that includes Photoshop (even if you don’t use that), go for the CC Photo subscription. If you just want Lightroom, you could buy the LR6 perpetual license, however Adobe have now officially abandoned it, there will never be feature updates available for it.

Effectively, even if you buy the perpetual license now, in a few years you might find yourself compelled to ‘upgrade’ to the rented version. Unless you want to lock yourself into that decision now, I’d advice to look at competitors like Capture One, DXO, etc.

29. Bahram Monshat says:

I installed the Lr6 in April 2015 on my Mac. But never able to update it to later versions, e.g. 6.1.1. The Update option in help menu does not do anything. the above link does not install it either. Help will be most appreciated. Thanks.

30. Andries Kooijman says:

I’m still having a problem with some of the local adjustment tools. When selecting the brush for example, the right part of the screen isn’t shown. So I can’t see or type the values for exposure, contrast, etc. Some problem with the gradient filter. I can’t click on the edit button for adding and erasing the effect.

Is this a know problem and are other people having the same problem?

31. CJ Dias says:

I’m feeling like a second class citizen having purchased the perpetual license for lightroom 6. The worst part is not being given any indication that features would diverge so much that prevented even making an informed decision. Eager to upgrade, i bought it within a day of its release. Too bad.

I’ll be definitely looking to capture one/dxo or other alternatives for my next upgrade.

32. Ron Pate says:

I’m using and R9 290 and LR CC does not display the image correctly even in the library module. It doesn’t matter if use GPU is checked or not. With it checked the develop module shows it correctly but then I get constant crashes. I borrowed a GTX 970, installed the Nvidia driver and it worked perfectly. I switched cards back to the 290 and LR worked for one reboot then wouldn’t work again.
    At this point I just wish I could get back to editing my images with or without GPU acceleration, as they are piling up. Right now LR is useless to me and has been gor quite a while. Its crazy this wasn’t tested. Should have never installed it.

33. Emma Whitney says:

Thank you for fixing the collection name Issue when using sync.

34. Zachary says:

Awesome! Hopefully it fixes some speed issues I’ve been having.

35. Bart B. Van Bockstaele says:

I just downloaded the trial version of this. Unfortunately, in spite of lists to the contrary, it does not seem to have a lens profile of the Tamron B011, and after hours of searching (and finding downloaders and such), I still don’t have the profile I am looking for. If there is a way, I sure don’t find it. Pity. It seems a relatively nice programme. How hard can it be to provide correct information?

36. Thürig Andreas says:

Wie kann ich meine Fotos Beschriften jedes mit einem anderen Text?

37. Coni Lansche says:

A feature I really like in Apple’s Aperture software is that I can see the Aspect Ratio in an image’s Info section.

We are now using Lightroom CC 2015, and I understand how to calculate the Aspect Ratio from the pixel information.

I would like to request the Aspect Ratio field be added to the Metadata information. It seems to me that Lightroom could do the calculation for me. It would save me a LOT of time.

38. W.W. Webster says:

I have v6.0 (desktop, not CC) on Mac OS X 10.10.5. Help > Updates says I’m already up-to-date – which is wrong of course.

So using the Mac link under “Install Instructions” above creates a dmg volume called Lightroom-6.1.1-Update containing an Adobe Patch Installer. When this is run (with LR not running), the message appears “Update failed Updates could not be applied The error log file may help you in identifying the problem. Then try updating again. If the problems persist, contact customer support (link) for further assistance”.

Customer support will not assist, saying I must use the forums for upgrade issues. There are numerous occurrences of this problem reported there but no accounts of any workarounds succeeding for anyone. What do I do now? I’ve used LR since Beta 0.1. This is bizarre. If I was sceptical i might think Adobe was trying to be make life as difficult for non-CC users as possible – but this can’t possibly be so! Any suggestions?

39. says:

I purchased Lightroom 6 standalone (perpetual licence) and in preferences the tick box for ‘automatically update’ is active I cannot seem to update to version 6.1.1 to have access to dehaze and other bug fixes.
    Also the ‘updates’ tag is greyed out for some reason? I used the serial supplied and the system info section states I have a licensed version but I am still unable to do updates. I was able to download the 6.1.1 patch but it says the update cannot be applied.
    Any ideas would be helpful

40. Stuart Brown says:

I’ve been using Adobe Lightroom CC for a few months now and am really impressed with the Photo Merge to Panorama function, recently undertook a project to produce some very large spherical stitched images and found Lightroom did a better job than Photoshop CC (quicker, better alignment and equalised exposures better as the light was changing all the time whilst shooting).
    Feature is highly recommended but would be really great if the Collage and Reposition options that are available on Photoshop CC could be added to Lightroom, most of my work is with tilt and shift lenses so the Spherical and Cylindrical options are not always appropriate.

41. Sean says:

I love CC now but as with a lot of new versions of LR it was slow when first installed. Only in a minor way but enough to be noticable. The Dehaze / Haze function is great!

42. Frank Wenzel says:

In my Creativ Cloud is not the Update Lightroom 6.1.
    Also the link is blocket:
    This website is blocked by your network operator.
    If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact your network operator with the following information:

So – what ca I do?
    I need:
    AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.1.1/setup.dmg ( Mac) and for PC

43. Dan says:

I just wanted to chime in on the discussion. I’m perplexed by all of the issues others seem to be having. Each update has worked flawlessly for me and has actually been an improvement. I’m on a MacBook Pro now, but even when I was using my very unstable Alienware m17x, Lightroom has worked great for me. For those of you who are Adobe mods you have been very professional considering a fair amount of negativity being thrown around. Or, maybe it’s not such a great program and I’ve just been lucky…

44. K.K. HO says:

After installing the 6.2.1, it is worse than before. Lr6 crashes and it cannot be restarted. It is required to restart Windows to start Lr6 again.
    Urgently requiring bug fix!

45. K.K. HO says:

For Lr6.2.1, it is found that it is not possible to open another cat. using the Open->Open Catalog function. Lr6.2.1 will crash immediately.
    When Lr6.2.1 was closed, the process will be stayed opened for quite a long time, longer than before.

46. John says:

HI I have a Sony DCS-RX100M4 camera and light room version 5.7.1 and I can’t download raw files. How can i update my software to the new version that will allow me to download RAW from this camera.