Camera Raw 9.5 now available

Camera Raw 9.5 is now available through the update mechanism in Photoshop CC and the Creative Cloud application.

As mentioned in an update to our camera support policy here, Camera Raw 9.5 is only available in Photoshop CC or later.  Customers using older versions of Photoshop can utilize the DNG Converter for continued camera support.

Camera Raw 9.5 has an updated visual interface designed to align with Photoshop CC and Bridge.

NOTE – We have a critical issue with support on OSX 10.7 and OSX 10.8.  Please continue using Camera Raw 9.4 until we issue an update that resolves the issue.

ACR screenshot

Your color scheme within Camera Raw will mimic Photoshop and Bridge, and you can change your color scheme by visiting the interface preferences within the host application.

Bugs Fixed in Camera Raw 9.5

• Fix crash/hang in Camera Raw and DNG Converter on some Mac systems when saving multiple images.
  • Fix corruption issue that would prevent DNG images originally created by Parrot Bebop Drone devices from being opened after metadata updates.
  • Pressing the Option/Alt key while click-dragging on a perimeter handle of a Radial Filter will adjust only that side of the filter. This change in behavior was made to match Lightroom’s behavior. Previously, Option/Alt-clicking on a Radial Filter in Camera Raw would delete that filter.
  • Camera Raw Filter now displays the histogram and RGB color readouts using the assigned color space of the corresponding Photoshop document. Previously, Camera Raw Filter always displayed its histogram and RGB color readouts using the ProPhoto color space.
  • Improve quality of Boundary Warp for some panoramas.
  • Fix bug where EXIF metadata for SIGMA 50mm f/1.4 ART lens on Canon was incorrectly identified as Zeiss Milvus 50mm f/1.4.

New Camera Support in Camera Raw 9.5

• Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
  • Canon EOS 80D
  • Canon EOS 1300D (Rebel T6, Kiss X80)
  • Nikon D5
  • Nikon D500
  • Olympus PEN-F
  • Olympus SH-3
  • Panasonic DMC-CM10
  • Panasonic DMC-GF8
  • Panasonic DMC-ZS100 (DMC-ZS110, DMC-TZ100, DMC-TZ101, DMC-TZ110, DMC-TX1)
  • Samsung NX3300
  • Sony Alpha a6300 (ILCE-6300)
  • Yuneec CGO4

Sony FE Rokinon 85mm f1.4 AS IF UMC
Sony FE Samyang 24mm f1.4 ED AS IF UMC
Sony FE Samyang 85mm f1.4 AS IF UMC
Sony FE Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM
Sony FE Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM

Installation Instructions

Camera Raw 9.5 – Please select Help>Updates to use the update mechanism in the Creative Cloud app.

Direct download links: Win | Mac

Please note – If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the following plugin installation:

DNG Converter 9.5 download links:  Win | Mac

Thanks!

22 Responses to Camera Raw 9.5 now available

1. Rost says:

Your color scheme within Camera Raw will mimic Photoshop and Bridge, and you can change your color scheme by visiting the interface preferences within the host application.

ii actually, it does not. I have the lightgray theme in Photoshop, but when cameraraw gets called, it appears with dark interface theme and I haven’t found where I can change this.

2. Jens H. says:

Is the new x-pro2 Supported?

3. N/A says:

> Your color scheme within Camera Raw will mimic Photoshop and Bridge, and you can change your color scheme by visiting the interface preferences within the host application

mmmmother of God !!! why, why … what an ugly UI now … I was quite happy with the new UI in CC2015, but the new UI in ACR ? somehow it is so much worse… input fields, icons…

4. N/A says:

also a question – why in the world if I hover a mouse over a slider (Windows) in ACR UI (or click the input field giving it a focus) I can’t use mouse wheel to change the value ? I never saw a reasonable explanation for that… mouse pointer is out of the image area – why not allow to use mouse wheel to change slider/numeric values that way… illogical

5. Kobie Pieterse says:

Why on earth would you remove the filmstrip preview of RAW files??? Now I am forced to edit one photo at a time. Previously when I had 10 photos taken from the same angle with the same lighting conditions I was able edit the 1st photo, save that settings and then select the remaining 9 photos in the filmstrip and apply the settings to all 9 – viola! This is the most ridiculous removal of a feature!!!!!

6. Ernie says:

So I just purchased a Canon 80D and own CS6. What do I download to be able to view these images with Abobe Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom CS5?

I cannot find it and starting to get annoyed. I have updated all updates within Photoshop/Help/Updates for all programs.

• Rikk Flohr says:

To use with CS6, you will need to download Adobe’s free DNG Converter tool and convert your Canon 80D CR2 file into a DNG file. The DNG will be readable in older versions of Camera Raw and Lightroom.

7. Turlough says:

Direct download link for mac is not working is not working for this update.

8. Was hoping for batch processing, or a queue feature for HDR Merging. Would be great to have a queue similar to PTGui’s queue for all these great merge features.

9. I’m seeing issues on Windows Pro 7 also with Camera Raw 9.5. Re-installed Camera Raw 9.4, restarted windows / Light Room and it starting working. That was 2 days ago. Just be informed that the issue is happening again. Does Adobe Cloud to auto updates to my subscribed applications?

thanks

Brian

10. Dennis Kleiman says:

I have LR6 and PS CS6
    I am running a new i-mac and could not load a camera raw file (from canon CR2) it told me I needed updated camera raw … I went to help and did the update, now my computer locks up when I try to call up CS6. Photoshop will not come all the way up and it totally locks up my computer. Please help.

11. Simon Taylor says:

Is the Camera Raw 9.5 going to be made available in Photoshop Elements 13?

12. Joseph says:

Since this updated I can no longer – apparently – open multiple files in camera raw. I can’t believe that this (very useful!) feature has been removed – what am I missing?

13. stephanie says:

where is the FILL (light) settings in the new 9.5 version ????

14. Carlos Versieren says:

I have a student who has installed the 9.5 versions of acr. It still looks like the previous version, BUT much worse is that the options to make pano’s en HDR are missing. She is using a 32bit version of windows 10..

does anyone know teh reason or the solution?

thx

Carlos

15. max muster says:

Is camera raw 9.5 running also with photoshop elements 14 or only with photoshop cc”.
    cheers max

16. Ben DiAnna says:

For the most part I think the interface looks slick and more in line with the ascetic of the rest of the suite. Everything is fairly similar to the last version which I like very much, but I have a couple nit picks that are really bugging me.

1. The sliders don’t snap to center anymore.
    A surprisingly handy feature I used in my workflow. While dragging the slider if you lowered your mouse cursor below it was snap back to 0. This is nice for experimenting to get a desired effect. I can snap on and off the effect on the fly while adjusting, and if I dislike the effect its as easy as lowering the cursor. Now I must control Z or carefully place it back at zero.
    Might seem like a small thing but I use this CONSTANTLY, and I will dearly miss it. This is like someone going into your darkroom and throwing out those little makeshift tools that look like trash but you’ve been using them for years!

2. Preview on/off button moved to the bottom (you screwing up my muscle memory!)
    Ok, this isn’t really a problem haha. And I really love the Before/After view button you guys added. Thanks!

17. Frans says:

When will the new Panasonic GX80 and the 12-60mm be supported?

18. I just purchased a Nikon D500 and am not able to view RAW files; I have Photoshop CS5 – can you please let me know what I need to do in order to view/edit my RAW files – thank you-