The Lightroom team is proud to announce the available of Lightroom 5. A number of you downloaded Lightroom 5 beta and we are thankful for the overwhelming feedback and suggestions that you’ve provided. We’ve made over 400 tweaks since releasing Lightroom 5 beta, many of which are directly attributed to your feedback in our public forums. Thank you.
Lightroom 5 is now feature complete and final. Lightroom 5 will be available for $149 (for those new to Lightroom) and $79 (for Upgrade and Student/Teacher editions). As with previous version of Lightroom, Lightroom 5 is a perpetual license.
Download Lightroom 5
Get Started with Julieanne Kost’s fantastic video tutorial series
Changes since the public beta:
- Share your photos using the Behance Publish Service
- Expanded the range of Radial Filter’s feather slider
- Over 400 bugs found and fixed! (Thank you Lightroom 5 beta customers!)
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.0
- Hasselblad H5D-60
- Olympus PEN E-P5
- Olympus PEN E-PL6
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G6
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LF1
- Phase One IQ260*
- Ricoh GR
- Sony DSC-RX1R (RX1R)**
- Sony DSC-RX100M2 (RX100 II)* **
* denotes preliminary support
**Support for these models was not listed in the original blog post
Tethered Support – New Cameras
- Nikon D600
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5
|Canon PowerShot G1 X||
|Canon PowerShot G15||
|Hasselblad HCD 4.8/24||
|Nikon Coolpix A||
|Nikon Coolpix P330||
|Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400 mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR||
|HD Pentax-D FA645 Macro 90mm F2.8ED AW SR||
|HD Pentax-DA 560mm F5.6ED AW||
|Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM A013||
|Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM C013||Nikon|
|Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN A013||Olympus, Sony|
|Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN A013||Olympus, Sony|
|Zeiss Apo Sonna T* 2/135 ZE||Canon|
|Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 ZF.2||Nikon|
|Zeiss Touit 1.8/32||Sony|
|Zeiss Touit 2.8/12||Sony|
- Fullscreen Mode does not show the next image in your selection. This occurs only when you have selected a series of images before entering Fullscreen mode.
- Video playback is not currently supported in Fullscreen mode.
- There is no error message informing that offline photos and videos are not exported to slideshows.
- The slide after a video clip is often not shown. This only occurs when using the Manual Slideshow feature.
- Custom slideshow templates will default to 480×270 on export. This only impacts custom slideshow templates created in previous versions of Lightroom.
- The slideshow appears as a black screen occasionally. This only occurs when a video file is chosen as the first slide.
- Star ratings cannot be applied while previewing or viewing a Slideshow.
- Deleting a book in the Book Module may occasionally cause another book to disappear.
- XMP metadata changes are not automatically written to file when the original file is offline.
- Canon cameras are not detected when using Tethered Capture in Windows 8. This only occurs on Windows 8.
- Offline photos go missing from Lightroom when moving folder of images to a different volume.
- GPS metadata on videos created on an Apple iPhone is not imported.
- Basic metadata is not imported with video files. This only occurs when imported directly from the camera. As a workaround, please copy the files from camera to your harddrive and then import into Lightroom.
- When utilizing the “Merge to HDR” feature with Photoshop, the resulting HDR image contains metadata from the last selected photo.
- Photos adjusted using Process Version 2003 incorrectly display a “Post Crop Vignette: Paint Overlay” History step. Selecting a subsequent History State can reset existing settings that follow that state in the History panel. This reset cannot be undone, effectively deleting any settings that have been applied after the selected History State. This only occurs with images adjusted in PV2003.
- Images exported at less than 1/3 of their original size may not retain Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction settings.