My colleague Nick Watson put the instruction together, I am just posting his work here without changing any words.
· These steps are for silent installations on Windows – InstallAnywhere doesn’t support silent installation fully on OS X.
· There are two installers nested within the Flex Builder win installers, so they must be run in series for a silent operation: first the metainstaller, and then the individual installer (either standalone or plugin).
· One easy way to install silently is with a batchfile, as shown in the example below.
Create a properties file for each installer
· For a standalone installation the properties file must be named standalone.properties
· For a plugin installation the properties file must be named plugin.properties
· To run a standalone installation using the batchfile attached, place the file standalone.properties in the same folder with the batchfile and the installer
· The simple properties file example:
# Player installer choices
Sample batch file for silent installation
REM Place this batchfile in the same folder with the PFTW installer.
copy standalone.properties %TMP%\installprops\standalone.properties
REM Extract the FB archive – match the exe filename below with the actual installer
FLXB_2.0_Win_WWE.exe /s /f%TMP% /a -i silent
Running the batchfile
· Make sure the batchfile is in the same folder as the FB installer, along with the properties file you created earlier
· Simply double-click the batchfile to run it
· Alternatively, you can open a cmd window to the folder that contains the batchfile, and run it by typing “silent” to invoke it
o The batchfile will appear as if it is complete before the installer is really finished
o You’ll know the silent install has really completed when the ColdFusion folder opens at the end.
The switches below are specifically for use with Package from the Web download:
/s tells FB to run silently
/f tells FB where to unpack its archive
/a allows FB to pass arguments to the next installer in the series: the InstallAnywhere metainstaller.
The next set of args are aimed at InstallAnywhere:
-i silent tells InstallAnywhere to run silently, resulting in the default Standalone installation selection in the metainstaler.