When you have problem installing/running FB3:
1. FB 3 does not work with firefox 3. See http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-13064 for details.
2. FB3 does not run in 64-bit eclipse, or a 64 bit JDK (JDK 1.6 on Mac is 64-bit) FB-10052
Workaround: use 32-bit eclipse or JDK.
3. UNC homedrive and homepath leads to win install failure. FB-9038
Workaround: Use a local user account.
When you have problem with FB 3 debugging/tracing:
1. Make sure you have the debug version of flash play 9 installed on the browser. You will not see trace statment if debug player is not installed crrectly.
To do that, request http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507&sliceId=2 from the browser you use as default browser. (Ie. In the FB, if you have IE set as default browser, then run the url from IE. If the default browser for FB is set to IE, but you request that url from FireFox, that doesn’t help.) Make sure you have “Debug Player: Yes” is displayed.
2. Double check the mm.cfg and make sure it is set correctly. mm.cfg is in different location on different OS. Follow the doc here to config it.
In flex 2, the webtier compiler is included in the SDK. But in flex 3, it is no longer included in the flex 3sdk install. You have to install and configure it separately. The following links will show you how to install and configure it.
There are two type of configuration:
1. config with Apache or IIS connector. If you are using Apache or IIS as your web server, then this may be the approach you want to take.
2. install as a J2EE app. This approach will install a webtier.war to your machine. Then you can deploy this war file to the app server you are using. You should deploy it as extracted app, and put your flex app page under the web root.
When you run a flex app page with the webtier compiler, it runs fine the first time you request it. If you modify anything in the code and recompile that page, then you may see the following Error:
TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
See bug http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/LCDS-387 for details.
By default, we are using incremental compile to do the compiling, but the incremental compile has some issues. The workaround is to not use the incremental compile.
in flex-webtier-config.xml; set the incremental-compile to false:
Once the change is made, the webtier compiler will work properly.