If you are heading out for an installation of LiveCycle, you will find the following tools useful. All, except AquaDataStudio, are Windows-only.
- LDAP Browser from Softerra : http://www.softerra.com/download.htm : can handle almost all of the LDAP directrories out there in addition to Active Directory
- AquaDataStudio from AquaFold : http://www.aquafold.com : can handle all of the databases supported by LiveCycle
- BareTail from Bare Metal Software : http://www.baremetalsoft.com/baretail : highly customizable log reader that can be customized to read server logs for WebSphere, WebLogic and JBoss
- CPU-Z from CPU-ID : http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php : provides very detailed information regarding your server hardware including processor, memory and the motherboard
- TCPView from SysInternals (now owned by Microsoft) : http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html : provides details of all ports used by all running applications, BIG help in resolving port conflicts
- Process Explorer also from from SysInternals : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx : a much more functional tool than Windows Task Manager
- Ethereal Packet Analyzer from Ethereal : http://www.ethereal.com/download.html : helps troubleshoot authentication issues, especially for LiveCycle Policy Server