Once you have finished installing, configuring and integrating LiveCycle ES in your DEV, TEST, STAGING or PROD environments, here are some of the things you can quickly do to validate that you have a working configuration:
– Load the LiveCycle AdminUI Login page (http://server_name:port_name/adminui) and login as the Super Administrator user (Administrator) with the default password (password). If you can successfully login, the connection from the J2EE appserver to the database is working.
– Navigate to Services->Applications and Services->Service Management. Make sure that all of the services listed are in the ‘Running’ state. If at least one is not in the ‘Running’ state, you have problems. If you get an error instead of a list of services, your Global Storage Folder is probably not accessible.
PDF GENERATOR ES
– If you licensed PDF Generator ES, navigate to Services->LiveCycle PDF Generator ES->HTML to PDF. In the ‘Specify URL’ field, type in the URL of a well-known website (http://slashdot.org) and click ‘Create’. If you get a URL for the new PDF, click on it and verify its contents. If it looks like the webpage at http://slashdot.org, PDF Generator is working.
READER EXTENSIONS ES
– If you licensed Reader Extensions ES, load the ReaderExtensions sample application (http://server_name:port_name/readerextensions), login as the Super Administrator user, browse to a PDF document and apply Reader Extensions rights to it. If this is successful, Reader Extensions ES is working.
– Using Workbench, login as the Super Administrator user. Verify that all of the services you have licensed are listed.
– Deploy the FormsIVS sample application. You can find it at $LIVECYCLE_INSTALL_ROOT/deploy/adobe-forms-ivs-your_appserver.ear Access it at http://server_name:port_name/FormsIVS. Choose a form template and its associated data XML and render it via EJB. Try the same using Web Services. If these are successful, Forms ES is working.
– Deploy the OutputIVS sample application. You can find it at $LIVECYCLE_INSTALL_ROOT/deploy/adobe-output-ivs-your_appserver.ear. Access it at http://server_name:port_name/OutputIVS. Choose a form template and its associated data XML. Choose an appropriate record level (2) and render it via EJB. Try the same using Web Services. If these are successful, Output ES is working.
– Also, an IVS sample application is available for Assembler (adobe-assembler-ivs.ear – http://server_name:port_name/Assembler). Here’s a blog entry from Kathy Stony providing details on using AssemblerIVS to validate a LiveCycle install.
IVS is an acronym for Installation Verification Sample.
PROCESS MANAGEMENT ES
– If you licensed Process Management ES, load Workspace (http://server_name:port_name/workspace) and verify that you can successfully login as the Super Administrator user. For additional verification, follow instructions here.
For multi-server clusters (vertical or horizontal), shut down all cluster members except one and repeat the above tests for each server in the cluster. To verify that load-balancing across the cluster is working, you would need a load generator tool. Most load-balancers do not evenly split the load until there is consistent heavy load on the cluster.