Update for LiveCycle Designer 8.2

A bug introduced with LiveCycle Designer ES Update 1 (8.2) is now fixed in LiveCycle service pack 2 and the Acrobat 9.1 update. The bug causes a processing instruction ex. &lt?templateDesigner StyleID aped3?&gt to get copied repeatedly while working with the form. This can lead to extremely large file sizes and sometime causes crashes. The fix removes duplicate StyleID’s found in existing forms and prevents them from being created.

If you installed Livecycle Designer with Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Pro extended you’ll need to apply the update
Acrobat Pro Extended
Acrobat Pro

If you installed LiveCycle Designer with LiveCycle Workbench or as a stand alone product and have a maintence and support agreement in place please contact Adobe Enterprise Support .

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Was this helpful? Please rate the content.
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
This entry was posted in ADEP. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Update for LiveCycle Designer 8.2

1. Vicky says:

I have tried to do the layout from a blank form in (Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2) 11×17 and I run out of room placing the table and input fields 18 colums and 30 body rows. So I imported a word document with tables and just can’t figure out how to format after that either. OMG! . I think I’m trying to get the program to do something it was not meant to do??

2. Doodnauth Mohan says:

Adobe Livecycle Designer 8.2 not working properly. Is there an update?

3. Jennifer Lee says:

Hi,
    We are using Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES version 8.2.1.
    I created signature field and didn’t lock or setting anything.

When I use form with Adobe reader 9, the signature field is not validate note shows at the top.

Would you please let me know why or what should I do for setting to pass validate?
    Please contact me at jennifer.lee@usmint.treas.gov, thanks for your help,
    Jennifer Lee

4. Hi Jennifer,

Do you want to bypass the validation process? When you open Adobe Reader it scans all available signatures and then shows you the prompt if there is any invalid signature. You need to manually validate those signatures and add them to the trusted zone. This process of validation cannot be by-passed for obvious security reasons.

You can find more information on:

Let me know if you were looking for something else.

SandeepV.

• Jennifer Lee says:

Do I need to validate every time I sign form? Is there anyway to setup security or validate my signature and automatically validates when I sign it once I validated?

5. Jennifer Lee says:

wow.. this information is so helpful. also, other links are great.
    Thank you so much!!!

6. Jennifer Lee says:

Hi, I created form with LiveCycle 8.2. I am getting “An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Acrobat.exe [1176]” when I hit the email form button. Do I need to re-install Acrobat Pro 9?

Thanks for your help.

• Deepak Chauhan says:

Hi Lee,
      Is there a way you can upload your form or sample. I wish to have a look at it.

I receomend to also try the below mentioned steps.

a.. Right click My PC / Properties.
      b.. Click Advanced Tab
      c.. Under Performance, click Settings
      d.. Click Data Excecution Prevention tab
      e.. Select Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services expect those I select
      f. Navigate to Acrobat.exe under Acrobat folder. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat. Click on “OK” and “Apply” button
      f.. Restart Windows

7. Jennifer Lee says:

Hi,
    I am using Adobe LiveCycle 8.2.
    Is there anyway not to prints buttons like Save form, E-mail and other buttons for form?
    I only print out form not buttons on the paper. Please help. Thanks.

• Jeff Stanier says:

Jennifer,

It’s been a while since I used 8.2. Check in the field tab of the object palette for a setting called presence. You should find a Visible (Screen Only) setting.

A better place to post these types of questions is in the forums.
      http://forums.adobe.com/community/livecycle. You’ll get faster answers and can search the existing posts.