LiveCycle Process Management handles the sending and receiving of emails in the following way:
A) Sending Email To Workspace Users
For LiveCycle to send email to Workspace users or groups, the administrator needs to specify smtp settings in the server settings page and turn on notification types. (See Sending Email Notifications to Workspace Users)
B) Receiving Email From Workspace Users
For LiveCycle to receive email from users , the administrator needs to specify pop3 settings in an email endpoint on the Complete Task service. This will allow workspace users to continue processes outside of workspace. (See Continuing Workspace Processes via Email)
Sending Email Notifications to Workspace Users
If you would like your workspace users/groups to receive email notifications for task assignments, reminders and deadlines, you need to do the following:
- Configure the SMTP settings for the LiveCycle server.
- Specify what types of email notifications you would like your users/groups to receive
Configure the SMTP settings for the LiveCycle server
In the Adminui, navigate to Services->LiveCycle Process Management ES2->Server Settings->Email Settings.
- Select “Enable outgoing messages”.
- In the SMTP Server field, specify the name or IP of your Email Server.
- In the SMTP Server Port field, specify your port (if different than the default 25).
- In the User Name and Password fields, specify the user name and password if your server requires authentication. Note: If your server does not require authentication, you do not need to provide these values.
- In the Email Address field, specify the email address that you have created for your LiveCycle server. LiveCycle will use this address to send notifications to users.
Specify what types of email notifications you would like your users/groups to receive
In the Adminui, navigate to Services->LiveCycle Process Management ES2->Server Settings->Task Notifications. For example, for Task Assignment notifications do the following:
- In the Notification Type section, select Task Assignment.
- Select the Enable Task Assignment checkbox.
- A default email template is provided for Task Assignment notifications. You can modify the template as necessary.
NOTE: Since this template is set at the server level, it will be used as the default for all notifications. You can override this template by creating a custom email template on a user service.
- Set the <PORT> tag to the correct port for your server.
- The variables in the Variable Picker section are values that are replaced at runtime when an email received by a user. Some variables are already included in the default template.
- The Url Generation picker contains a properly constructed URL that is used to open a Workspace task. In the case of the Task Assignment and Reminder, this is already included in the default template. For the Group notifications, the Claim URL is provided.
- If you select the Include Form Data checkbox, the form (xdp or pdf) and data will be attached as a pdf to the notification email.
- Save your changes.
- To enable other notifications follow the same steps.
Continuing Workspace Processes via Email
LiveCycle Process Management ES2 provides the ability to continue a workspace process outside of workspace, via email. It does this by allowing a user to submit a form that arrived as an attachment to a task notification email.
If you want to use this feature, you must create your form with the Process Fields. These fields can be manually added to the form or will be automatically added if you choose the “Through Email” checkbox of the new form wizard.
If you would like your workspace users to continue a process via email, you need to do the following:
- Configure the SMTP settings for the LiveCycle server. (See Sending Email Notifications to Workspace Users)
- Specify what types of email notifications you would like your users/groups to receive (See Sending Email Notifications to Workspace Users)
- Add an email endpoint to the Complete Task service
Add an email endpoint to the Complete Task service
- In the Adminui, navigate to Services->Applications and Services->Service Management.
- In the Category dropdown, select Process Management Email (system) and select the Filter button.
- Select the Complete Task link.
- On the Endpoints tab, make sure Email is selected in the dropdown and click Add.
- Provide your email server information in the following fields: Inbox Host, Inbox User, Inbox Password (Inbox is your POP3 information), SMTP Host, SMTP User, SMTP Password.
- Provide a value in the Send From field. This can be the same value that you provided in the Email Address field of the Server Settings page.
- In the Operation Name field, select invoke from the dropdown.
- In the field beside attachmentMap, add *.*
- In the field beside mailBody, add %BODY%
- In the field beside mailFrom, add %SENDER%
- In the results field add the word results
When a workspace user receives an email notification with a form attached, they add their data to the form and select the Submit button.
In the case of an XDP submit button on the form, the data is attached to the email that is created. In the case of a PDF submit button on the form, the form and data are attached to the email. The server’s email address is prepopulated.
When the user chooses “Send” in their email client, the LiveCycle server processes the submission and continues the process.