If you use Search Templates to navigate through completed tasks in your Tracking page you can take advantage of two features to help organize your tasks.
Change the task description:
The description for a task is specified on the user service, for that task, in the LiveCycle process. However the task description may not be specific to each user and may not provide sufficient information for each individual user.
You can use the ‘Change the task description’ feature to change the description for completed tasks in your Tracking page. You may want to change the description to indicate the day and/or time that you completed that task or you may want to add specific information, for that task, to the description that may help other users who are participating in the process.
To change the description on a completed task:
1) Log in to Workspace and navigate to Tracking and select a process
2) In the right hand side select a process instance
3) Select the Audit tab
4) Select a task that has been completed
5) At the bottom of the page you should see a button called ‘Description’. Click that button to change the description.
(NOTE: The above feature is also available when viewing Tracking items without the use of Search Templates)
Remove this task:
If you work with Search Templates, in Tracking, and you find that too many old tasks are being returned when you run your query you can use the ‘Remove this task’ feature to remove the task from being returned when you run that particular query. If the Search Template includes the ‘Task Visibility’ criteria then you will see a button called ‘Remove this task’ when you run the search template on the Tracking page. The ‘Remove this task’ button will only display for completed tasks.
If you use a Search Template regularly and only want the results to display for the current week, for example, you can use the ‘Remove this task’ feature to remove the older tasks from being returned in the query.
To remove tasks from a search template query (template must include ‘Task Visible’):
1) Log in to Workspace and navigate to Tracking and select Search Templates
2) Select the search template and run the search (you may be required to enter some search criteria)
3) The search results will display a list of tasks. Select a task that has been completed
4) At the bottom of the page you should see a button called ‘Remove Task’. Click this button to remove the task from the search results for this search template.
5) The removed task will not longer be returned for you when you run this search template.