It has happened that after some installation of Service Pack 2 or 3 for LiveCycle ES Update 1 (188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206), the LC and patches versions are empty on the About Adobe LiveCycle page.
Here are the steps that are known to have solved the issue:
- Find the LC core ear file. Open it and look for the adobe-ifs-license.jar file.
- Locate the license files in the adobe.ifs.license.jar file.
- Search for the license directory of the LC installation root.
- Rebuild the adobe-ifs-license.jar file with the files found in the installation directory.
- Put the jar file back into the ear file.
- Stop the Application Server and put the “new” ear file in deployment.
- Start the Application Server and check the logs for errors.
- Clear all browser caches and check the About page.