Using the i18n Translator

This week a colleague of mine showed me the default i18n translation functionality of CQ5.4 which I wasn’t aware of. And I don’t want to keep this one for myself.

It is available via this url : http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/i18n/translator.html (change host and port to your own needs).

Here’s an example of the UI that is presented with the translator:

You have a lot of options available around searching, exporting, importing etc.

Also, with the list-view Administrators can easily see what content is not yet translated.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Was this helpful? Please rate the content.
Rating: 5.0/10 (2 votes cast)
Using the i18n Translator, 5.0 out of 10 based on 2 ratings

About Feike Visser

Feike Visser (@heervisscher) is an experienced consultant working in the EMEA-region. Feike has done live implementations at large enterprises like NATO, BBC, Philips, Deutsche Bank, HMRC, HSBC.
This entry was posted in ADEP. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Using the i18n Translator

1. Scott Enders says:

The url provided is to localhost. I would imagine that is a typo.

• Feike Visser says:

hi scott,

Thanks for your comment.
      It is not a typo, I referred to your local CQ-instance that is normally running at localhost:4502.

Best,
      Feike

2. JE Bailey says:

Is there some additional documentation or clarification on how I can use this?

My questions are centered around the triggering mechanism for the translation and what exactly is being translated. I.e if I have a website foo/en_UK/bar.html is the folder enough to translate all content on the page bar.html to it’s UK equivalent? How do I add additional languages?

thanks

• Feike Visser says:

hi jason,

What you can do is to place an “i18n”-folder inside your /apps//i18n.
      In this folder you can define the languages you want to use in your application.

I think this subject is a good candidate for a next blogpost to outline a basic example.

Hope this helps,
      Feike

• Dan says:

@JE

I didn’t see any official documentation on the Adobe site or in any of the docs I had, so I put this together:

Its a fairly complete guide to using the CQ5 Translator tool. I noted some of the gotcha’s with the app, like how it won’t create language pages.

3. Anna says:

I`ve found some documentation that seems to be official. Anyway it may be usefull http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/cq5-translator.html