Using the i18n Translator

This week a colleague of mine showed me the default i18n translation functionality of CQ5.4 which I wasn’t aware of. And I don’t want to keep this one for myself.

It is available via this url : http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/i18n/translator.html (change host and port to your own needs).

Here’s an example of the UI that is presented with the translator:

You have a lot of options available around searching, exporting, importing etc.

Also, with the list-view Administrators can easily see what content is not yet translated.

About Feike Visser

Feike is an Adobe Marketing Cloud architect, working for Adobe Consulting in EMEA.
This entry was posted in ADEP. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Using the i18n Translator

1. Scott Enders says:

The url provided is to localhost. I would imagine that is a typo.

• Feike Visser says:

hi scott,

Thanks for your comment.
      It is not a typo, I referred to your local CQ-instance that is normally running at localhost:4502.

Best,
      Feike

2. JE Bailey says:

Is there some additional documentation or clarification on how I can use this?

My questions are centered around the triggering mechanism for the translation and what exactly is being translated. I.e if I have a website foo/en_UK/bar.html is the folder enough to translate all content on the page bar.html to it’s UK equivalent? How do I add additional languages?

thanks

• Feike Visser says:

hi jason,

What you can do is to place an “i18n”-folder inside your /apps//i18n.
      In this folder you can define the languages you want to use in your application.

I think this subject is a good candidate for a next blogpost to outline a basic example.

Hope this helps,
      Feike

• Dan says:

@JE

I didn’t see any official documentation on the Adobe site or in any of the docs I had, so I put this together:

Its a fairly complete guide to using the CQ5 Translator tool. I noted some of the gotcha’s with the app, like how it won’t create language pages.

3. Anna says:

I`ve found some documentation that seems to be official. Anyway it may be usefull http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/cq5-translator.html