This post assumes that you have already installed LiveCycle ES3 with latest service pack and have already configured the LiveCycle Configuration Manager upto the “Validate LiveCycle Components” step.
When you try to configure the connector, you see only two options 6.0 and 6.5 as shown in the below screen.
This is expected and the reason is that the LiveCycle Configuration Manager doesn’t support configuration of the Documentum connector for Documentum Content Server version 6.7 SP1 currently. Please follow the below steps to manually configure Documentum 6.7 SP1 with LiveCycle ES3:-
- Uncheck the check box with the caption “Configure Connector for EMC Documentum content server” and exit from LiveCycle Configuration manager.
- Open LiveCycle administration console in a browser and go to Services –> LiveCycle ES3 Connector for EMC Documentum –> Configuration Settings. Add appropriate values according to your Documentum Content Server 6.7 SP1 installation and click SAVE.
- Create a text file by the name adobe-component-ext.properties and with the below text without line breaks:- com.adobe.livecycle.ConnectorforEMCDocumentum.ext=C:/Program Files/Documentum/Shared/dfc.jar,C:/Program Files/Documentum/Shared/aspectjrt.jar,C:/Program Files/Documentum/Shared/jaxb-api.jar,C:/Program Files/Documentum/Shared/configservice-impl.jar,C:/Program Files/Documentum/Shared/configservice-api.jar,C:/Program Files/Documentum/Shared/log4j.jar,C:/Program Files/Documentum/Shared/commons-codec-1.3.jar,C:/Program Files/Documentum/Shared/commons-lang-2.4.jar
- Copy this file adobe-component-ext.properties to your application server directory. The location for jboss server is <jboss_install_dir>/bin directory, for websphere it is <websphere_install_dir>/profiles/<profileName> directory and for weblogic it is <weblogic_install_dir>/user_projects/domains/<domain_name> directory.
- Restart the application server.
- Open LiveCycle Administration Console in a browser and navigate to Services –> Applications and Services –> Service Management and select “Connector for EMC Documentum” in the category dropdown box and click Filter.
- Select all the stopped documentum connector services and click start, you should be able to see a screen as below.