While working with any application server, changing the log level on the fly is always a hectic task. But CQ embedded in Adobe LiveCycle ES4 offers a feature that simplifies adding new loggers or changing the log level for any component of LiveCycle ES4.
Following are the steps to change the log level in Adobe LiveCycle ES4
- Login to Felix web console using “http://host-name:port/lc/system/console/configMgr”. Change the host-name and port with your app server host name and port number.
- Now search and click on “Adobe LiveCycle Embedded Mode Configuration”, check in the check box named as “Route log message” and click save button. This will enable the routing of log message through Sling Logging layer.
- Now Search “Apache Sling Logging Logger Configuration” and click on “+” button on right hand side of this tab.
- A new window will pop up. Provide required information in this window –
- Log Level – To specify the log level you want for that particular component.
Log File – Specify the path for the log file in this field.
- Message Pattern – Specify the log pattern in this field.
Logger – Specify the package of the component for which you want to change the log level. e.g. to add the logger for authentication manager give logger name as com.adobe.idp.um
To add logs of more than one component in the same file, simply click the “+” button at end of logger field and provide the package name of the component for which you have to add the logs in the new logger field.
- After filling all the required fields click save. Now all the logs for the particular component, meeting the log level, will be added in the log file mentioned in the above steps.