Change the GDS (Global Document Storage) location of a Production LiveCycle ES System
- Alert and Ask the End-Users to get out of the LiveCycle Application/Server
- Put the LiveCycle Application/Server in ‘Operate in safe backup mode’. In Adminui go to Settings > Core System > Backup Settings – select the ‘Operate in safe backup mode’ and hit the OK button.
- Backup the GDS folder
- Zip or Tar the GDS folder
- Change the location of the GDS folder. In Adminui go to Settings > Core System > Core Configurations and change the location of the GDS Directory. Hit the OK button; you will get a second page and hit the OK button again
- Shutdown the LiveCycle Application/Server
- Check whether the LiveCycle Application/Server system user has access to the new GDS folder
- UnZip or UnTar the files in the new GDS folder
- StartUp the LiveCycle Application/Server
- Do some basic validations. In Adminui go to Services > Applications and Services and choose Archive Management and Endpoint Management and check visually whether you get the expected information
- Deactivate the ‘Operate in safe backup mode’. In Adminui go to Settings > Core System > Backup Settings – unselect the ‘Operate in safe backup mode’ and hit the OK button
Tip to stay healthy:
Make sure that you have the final location of the GDS available, before you install LiveCycle in a Production environment.
Original article at http://www.drflex.eu/2009/06/change-the-gds-global-document-storage-location-of-a-production-livecycle-es-system/.
Comments are closed.