Adding user images in ICR Solution Interface
Any entity of the Integrated Content Review solution like, a campaign, a project, or an asset, includes many participants or team members. The participants at any level in the campaign hierarchy include participants from lower levels. In other words, a campaign includes all the participants of a project. A project, in turn, includes all the participants of the assets within it. Additionally, at any level in the campaign, a participant can be added directly to the team list.
To view/add team members at any level in a campaign, click an entity in the Gantt chart and then click the Resources tab. A newly added team member may not have an avatar image. An instance is shown below:
Understanding the naming convention of the image files
The images display only if the image files are named using the canonicalname_domainname convention. To know the value of domain name and canonical name, follow these steps:
- Navigate to http://localhost:4502/crx/index.jsp.
- Log in using the credentials of the user whose domain name and canonical name is to be determinded.
- The UserID is displayed of the format lcu::domainname::canonicalname. Note the domain and canonical names from the string.
For example, for an administrator the name is displayed as lcu::DefaultDom::SuperAdmin. Hence, the domain name is DefaultDom and canonical name is SuperAdmin.
Adding an image
Let us add an image for a newly-added user named Shashank Kapoor.
- Navigate to ICR_SOURCE/integratedcontentreview/package_data/content/icr/assets/user-images.
Note: ICR_SOURCE folder is the folder where you extract the provided source code of the solution interface. Refer to this help page to read more.
- Add an image with the file name shakapoo_DefaultDom.jpg.
Note: To update an existing image, replace the image file with a new image file. The image file is scaled to 45 x 58 pixels in size. The image filenames are case sensitive.
- Create a directory named shakapoo_DefaultDom.jpg.dir.
- In this directory create a file named .content.xml. Add the following code to it:
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″ ?>
<jcr:root xmlns:jcr=”http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0″ xmlns:nt=”http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0″ jcr:primaryType=”nt:file”>
<jcr:content jcr:primaryType=”nt:unstructured” />
- Save and deploy the customized solution interface. To know more, refer to this article.
After updating the image for the above instance it shows in the solution interface as below:
Read more about adding team members here, in the ICR solution guide.
Original article at http://blogs.adobe.com/ADEPhelp/2011/11/adding-user-images-in-icr-solution-interface.html.
Comments are closed.