Correspondence Management: Order of Fields and Variables in CCR data view
In Correspondence management we can pass user filled data into a Letter or map the values from the data specified in the template. In a letter template various fields and variables can be added in the form of layout fields ,data dictionary elements and place holders. When the letter is rendered in the create correspondence screen all the user filled editable variables show up on the left side under the data tab. The order of such fields and variables are governed based on these rules..
1. Order of fields, DDEs and PH ( position as in PDF from left to right and then top to bottom)
- In case of text, position of DDE/PH variables are calculated from left to right and then top to bottom.
- In case of Condition, position of DDE/PH variables used in expression comes first (alphabetically sorted ) followed by the variables from resultant modules in order as it appears in the condition.
- In case of layout the position is calculated based of the position of the field in the XDP hierarchy.It is recommended to design the form in such a way such that the hierarchical order of the fields and the target areas is equivalent/similar to their geographical order.
2. Variables appearing from multiple paths.
- When a variable is present in multiple data module, the order of such variable is calculated based on the first module that appears in the content hierarchy.
3. Order of fields and variables in fragment layout.
- As it appears in the form hierarchy.
4. Evaluation of modules in Condition.
- Position of DDE/PH in expression comes first (alphabetically sorted ) ,followed by the variables from resultant modules as it appears in the condition
5. Insertion of data module with variables in List ( library access)
- Position DDE/PH is calculated based on the location of the List module as it appears in the PDF
6. Select/unselect/delete data module from list and target area.
- The order is recalculated on selection/unselection of a module
7. Changing the order of modules in List and Letter.
- Changing the Order of modules in CCR has no change in the variable order . It behaves as per the original position in the target areas.
8. Edit a text module and remove any variable.
- On removal of a variable from the text , order remains the same. It is considered as if the variable is still present in the text.The variable is shown in the data panel even when the variable was used in one text and it no longer exists. It is recommended not to insert/remove variables from a text module in CCR.
PS: The above behavior is observed on the Livecycle version ES4 SP1.
Comments are closed.