Posts tagged repository
A source of confusion I’ve come across when explaining the new world of ADEP to those familiar with the LiveCycle days is what has happened to Content Services. Content Services was essentially the repository for storing files and anything else you needed persisting in your application. It was built around the Open Source CMS by Alfresco and was used on almost all of the projects I worked on. In the move to ADEP it’s the one module the fate of which I wasn’t 100% sure of.
You can disable content indexing to improve Content Services 9 performance. Disabling indexing also disables text-based search within new content. However, you can still search within already-indexed content.
Follow these steps to disable indexing:
- In the adobe-contentservices.ear file, navigate to LiveCycle Content Services.ear/contentservices.war/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/model and open the contentModel.xml file for editing.
- Locate the following line:
- Set the index enabled and tokenized properties to false.
- Change <index enabled=”true”> to <index enabled=”false”>.
- Change <tokenized>true </tokenised> to <tokenized>false </tokenised>.
Disable the conversions required for indexing
To realize additional performance improvements, disable the conversions required for indexing. Follow these steps:
- In adobe-contentservices.ear, browse to contentservices.warWEB-INFclassesalfrescoextension.
- Preserve a backup of the custom-metadata-extractors-context file.
- Delete this file from the EAR.
Original article at http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycledocs/2010/12/content-services-disable-content-indexing.html.