Recently Approved

Comments (17)

Created

March 8, 2007

Acrobat 8 ACE is available now

The Acrobat 8 ACE exam is now available. For Acrobat 7 we offered two exams (Print Production and LiveCycle Designer), however, we now consolidated into one Acrobat 8 test. There will be a recertification exam (testing on just the new features, via the internet) in a few weeks, and the full exam is now available at testing centers.
For more information see – http://www.adobe.com/support/certification/ace.html.
The exam prep guide hasn’t yet been posted yet on Adobe.com so I’ve attached a copy here.
Good Luck – and let me know if you’re Certified on Acrobat 8 – I’ll promote it here.

COMMENTS

• By Carl Young - 10:56 AM on March 17, 2007

The Acrobat 7 exam had two parts, one for print professionals and one that included LiveCycle Designer.

Is there now just one exam? And what about LiveCycle Designer certification?

• By Karl Heinz Kremer - 10:00 AM on March 24, 2007

If you look at the prep guide that Lori attached, you can see that the new test comes in just one part – there is a section about forms in the test that also covers Designer.

I passed the test yesterday.

• By Lori DeFurio - 2:00 PM on March 25, 2007

Just one exam this time around. I’ve checked with the LiveCycle team, and they are working on some certification for LiveCycle, but nothing I can announce yet.

• By Tom Larson - 8:48 AM on March 26, 2007

I have classroom in a book, what would be other resources I can use to prepare for the ACE exam? And is there a guide specifically for Livecycle?

• By Keith Gilbert - 12:42 PM on March 29, 2007

Lori, are you sure that there is going to be a recertification exam for Acrobat 8? Can you confirm this? I’m getting conflicting answers to this question from various Adobe communications. Thanks a lot!

• By Lori DeFurio - 3:42 AM on March 30, 2007

Keith – yes, I am sure. I double-checked and the Acrobat re-cert exam will be available in 6-8 weeks from now.

• By Steven Dayton - 12:45 PM on April 13, 2007

I am going to ask the same question that Tom Larson asks. What are some recommendations for resources to prepare for the exam? I have been thinking of getting the classroom in a book.

• By Lori DeFurio - 9:25 AM on April 14, 2007

My study advice is to:
    1. Know all the menus & tools & toolbars. Walk through all the options. If you see something you don’t use or don’t know what it does – read the Help topic.
    2. READ the Help Guide.
    3. Classroom in a Book is a good aid especially if there are new features/functionality in Acrobat 8 you are not familiar with, but it is not all inclusive.

• By Jon Bessant - 2:42 PM on May 20, 2007

Hi Lori,

I have 4 keen delegates ready to take the Acrobat 8 ACE exam.

Before they book, I remembered an offer within the Acrobat User community for a reduced ACE exam price – am I going mad, cannot find reference any more?

Thanks,

Jon

• By Lori DeFurio - 1:48 AM on June 7, 2007

The Acrobat 8 ACE Recertification Exam is posted and available. The Recert exam only tests on new features of Acrobat 8.
    Good Luck!

• By Marlon Ceballos - 12:56 AM on June 13, 2007

1. I need wait for some email from Adobe before present the recertification exam? I get that message from prometric web: “If you did not receive a renewal reminder from Adobe, DO NOT CONTINUE”

2. There are some guide especific for recertification? The guide posted in the adobe site is the same for certification and recertification.

• By Lori Defurio - 3:32 PM on June 13, 2007

1. There seems to be a mix-up with the testing site. Just continue to register.

2. There are no specific instructions for recertification. I would review the guide posted to see what is new in Acrobat 8. That is what you will be tested on.

• By Nik - 9:44 AM on August 29, 2007

Hi Lori,
    by “2. READ the Help Guide.” do you mean the prep or the app’s Help system, or…?

I’ve never taken an Adobe exam before, so I’m trying to figure out the depth of the questions from the prep.

[[Nik - Acrobat Help Guide from the Help Menu]]

• By Nik - 9:45 AM on August 29, 2007

Hi Lori,

• By Admin - 11:57 AM on October 9, 2007

I’ve never taken an Adobe exam before. Good luck!

• By Marlon Ceballlos - 2:42 AM on June 10, 2008

I take the test a little late (today) but I pass with 94.74%. I’m very happy!

• By Mohammad Sohail - 5:37 AM on July 29, 2008

Can you please help now what is the procedure to get Acrobat 8 certification, and it there any dummy test available which would help me to appear in final.