Recently Approved

Comments (7)

Created

July 1, 2008

WooHoo! Adobe Reader 9 is here!

Adobe Reader 9 is now freely available from Adobe.com. It is currently available in English, French, German, and Japanese for Windows (2000 SP4 and higher) or Mac OS X (10.4.11 and higher).

Get a copy, and then download these examples of documents created with Acrobat 9:

• this PDF Portfolio, which contains some of the Acrobat 9 marketing materials and a Flash movie.
  • this Flash application which includes a flash controller, flash playbar, flash movie and captions which can be useful for accessibility requirements, or subtitles for localization.

and, let me know if you have some samples created with Acrobat 9 that I can showcase here.

COMMENTS

• By Will Pollard - 7:46 AM on July 2, 2008

The PDF samples are interesting, but I get a message that they cannot be opened in a browser. If I download first and then open in Reader 9, all is well. Should i have done something else? If not, should this be explained?

[[I've tested Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer on my PC - and both files opened fine in the browser - lori]]

• By Steve Werner - 8:39 AM on July 2, 2008

Lori,

Clicking on the link you provides only gives me an option for downloading Acrobat 8.1.2. (Mac OS X Intel).

But Ali gave a link in his Adobe blog which led here which gives the Acro 9 option:

[[Steve -- Adobe.com has updated the technology so that it will now download Adobe Reader/Acrobat 9 using Max OSX]]

• By Christopher Bailly - 10:54 AM on July 2, 2008

Adobe Reader 8 Updater does not show Version 9 as a new update.

• By Richard Brimson - 11:23 PM on July 6, 2008

I would like to know if there is a tutorial to customise the portfolois like the aqua one you showed with the carosel look. I would like to brand this for my pdf hand outs. thanks…..Rich

• By Marc Liron - 3:36 PM on July 26, 2008

I have posted an article, with examples, on using Flash in PDF for marketing.

Adobe Acrobat and Flash Video

Regards

Marc Liron

• By Bill - 9:51 PM on September 10, 2008

Quick Q for you:

Is there a way to embed an interactive Google Map via flash into a PDF?

I look forward to your response, Lori.

[[Google Maps use an AJAX API so there is no solution at this time. However, since Yahoo! Maps are based on Flex, that's possible as an alternative option.]]

• By Zoe - 5:58 AM on January 22, 2009

Is there any place I can get a hold of a bug list? AR9 killed a lot of my solutions I had working in AR8…..

[[Adobe does not publish a bug list. We do have a ReadMe in the installation folder that outlines issues that were resolved my the newest version. If you would like to contact me directly I can help you determine where the problems are. I will mention that Adobe Reader 9 has security modifications.]]