Recently Approved

Comments (21)

Created

August 14, 2008

ANNOUNCEMENT: Acrobat 9 PDF Portfolio Contest

Come one, come all…. AcrobatUsers.com is hosting a contest for the best PDF Portfolio. Entries will be judged based on use of Acrobat 9 features, originality & creativity, and overall polish & aesthetics. All entries will be displayed in the new PDF Portfolio Gallery on Acrobatusers.com (coming soon). First place will be a box of Acrobat 9 Pro Extended (Windows) or Acrobat 9 Pro (Mac); 2nd place is an iPod Nano; and 3rd place is a T-shirt.

The contest is open now, and will run through October 7th, 2008. I’ve already submitted my entry – made up of Adobe literature. I encourage you to take a stab at it. Creating a PDF Portfolio template is fun.

Also – please note — you do not need to buy Acrobat 9 to participate – just download the free 30 day trial – http://www.adobe.com/tryacrobat.

COMMENTS

• By Angela - 6:29 PM on August 14, 2008

Wow, I’m quite impressed. I am untechie and don’t think I will be contributing, but I sure would like to see the submitted entries. Do you need a cheerleading squad? :D

• By nfl power rankings - 10:59 AM on August 27, 2008

I might join this contest. I am glad to learn about this.

• By Jennifer - 9:51 AM on December 14, 2008

OK, the competition is closed now, when do we get to see the results?

[[believe it or not... no one entered in the contest! However, AcrobatUsers.com is launching a new contest this year. - lori]]

• By Simon - 7:45 PM on December 17, 2008

Sure would like to see the results of this contest. Where can I find them?

[[well... we didn't have any entries! however, we'll be running a new contest in 2009]]

• By baby shower games - 5:18 PM on May 26, 2009

I don’t know how to use Acrobat application. But i am looking forward to the result of the contest so get some idea from the from the winning entry. Thanks baby shower games

• By make money online - 9:49 AM on May 28, 2009

How did this contest go?

• By Graphic Design Melbourne - 10:24 AM on June 12, 2009

Interesting.
    I didn’t know that there was an adobe reader contest. I am wondering what you can create with that program that can be entered into a contest.

• By Mike - 5:21 PM on June 19, 2009

When does the competition start this year? Has it already been run in 2009?

• By alex - 9:36 PM on June 20, 2009

wow it’s good competition..
    why no one entered the contest??
    Buzz News

• By Charlie - 9:11 PM on June 24, 2009

did I miss the contest? Where do I go to see it? thanks
    Best Roulette System

• By Best Weight Loss Pills - 5:08 AM on July 11, 2009

I wonder how many entries will be taking advantage of the amazing 3D capabilities of Acrobat, something I only recently discovered myself:

• By Affiliate - 10:29 AM on July 15, 2009

When will the 2009 contest be?

• By Azam Hasan - 5:55 AM on July 29, 2009

i would like to see the results also….

• By Vans - 11:37 PM on July 29, 2009

You mean a T-Shirt, a coffee mug and a free trial download wasn’t enough? That’s just too funny. I am once again using Adobe, but it’s a real beast compared to Foxit (which I love). And I have an old version of Adobe Acrobat I bought way way back… but the new tools to create pdf’s are so much better. I had to give up on Foxit because I need to be able to fill out interactive forms online and it didn’t like to play that well for that purpose. But much faster and lighter.

• By Acer Vijay - 11:51 AM on August 17, 2009

Would love to learn it and do my own work on it.

• By lori slim - 3:14 PM on August 19, 2009

Hey, any more on running a new contest in 2009? I’d like to join in.

• By Electric bicycles - 3:57 PM on August 23, 2009

I had no idea this contest was going on, will there be one this year?

• By chris - 6:51 AM on August 28, 2009

adobe rocks !

• By Resveratrol Extract - 12:58 PM on October 26, 2009

The only reference to PDF that I was able to find on the home page was a link to download a solution brief for Acrobat Connect Pro in PDF format.

[This contest was from 2008 - there is lots of information on how to create a PDF Portfolio on AcrobatUsers.com. Also - there is a collection of PDF Portfolios in the Gallery -- lori]

• By Raymond - 2:24 PM on November 12, 2009

Did the 2009 version of this contest start? Thanks!

[sorry - we didn't hold a 2009 version -lori]

• By K&N Cold Air Intake - 12:08 PM on November 14, 2009

please note — you do not need to buy Acrobat 9 to participate – just download the free 30 day trial – this is true I tried it and love it