Recently Approved

Comments (6)

Created

September 15, 2009

Become an Acrobat 9 ACE

Did you know that as of today there are 224 Acrobat 9 ACE’s? (Adobe Certified Expert). These people have taken the Acrobat 9 ACE exam or re-certification exam and have the skills and knowledge to understand and use Acrobat 9 to the fullest.

Recently, I discovered an Acrobat User Community member has created a web site where you can purchase practice questions to help you study for the ACE exam. I’ve included one of the questions and how it looks in the practice test.

ACE9_Page_1.png ACE9_Page_2.png

Be sure to let me know if you get your certification on Acrobat 9.

COMMENTS

• By Dan Puroclean - 2:42 AM on November 15, 2009

Lori, do you know where these courses/classes are being held or is it just an exam?

[[Just an exam to become an ACE. if you want to take classes on Acrobat, please see the list of certified trainers at http://www.adobe.com/partners –lori]]

• By David Creamer - 8:04 PM on November 22, 2009

Another option is http://www.examaids.com which draws on hundreds of questions and can give more random tests, better simulating the actual text.

• By Kelly Vaughn - 1:34 AM on November 23, 2009

Is there a way to find out the number of people that have multiple certifications? Specifically all 4: InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop? I have always wondered about that…

[[Kelly — I have spoken with the certification group and they are investigating how to get the ACEs listed. Please stay tuned. –lori ]]

• By James Lockman - 11:05 AM on November 24, 2009

Is there any way for the general public to know the Acrobat ACE count? Or, any ACE count for that matter? When we take an exam, we are asked whether we want to be listed in a directory of ACEs, but where is that directory?

[[checking…]]

• By Jumper Rental - 5:03 PM on September 8, 2010

How much is the cost for certification and what is its real working value rather than just saying “i have this and that” how can being an ACE provide real value to my clients? [the ACE exam costs $150 USD and is an online exam. You can use the ACE logo on your business cards and/or email signature and you can confirm to your customers that you are a CERTIFIED expert in Acrobat – lori]

• By Dan Best - 3:04 AM on June 22, 2011

Hi Lori,
    How in depth are the exams? I work a lot with acrobat, but have only intermediate skills, will I struggle with the exam? I also hold a couple Microsoft certifications and I must get re-certified in them every year or so. Do the ACE certifications expire or required re-certification?
    [[ Hi Dan – The exam tests on your understanding of the product and the features. I suggest you review the Prep Guide and go through all the tools/panes/panels. If you see something that you don’t know how it works or what it does – read the help or experiment with it. The certification is good for the life of the product, that is, if you take the Acrobat X ACE exam, you’ll be good until Acrobat (next version) is released and then we encourage you to take the re-certification. Good luck! –lori]]