Posts in Category "Uncategorized"
So, we’ve announced Acrobat X (pronounced “acrobat ten”) and there’s tons of information on the web now for you review to learn all about our latest version of my favorite product!
1. Please see the Acrobat blog and Acrobat twitter account – for the latest news including comments from Kevin M Lynch, our VP and GM of the Acrobat business.
2. I’m happy to introduce two new shows on Adobe TV
– Acrobat X Tips & Tricks : this show currently has 14 episodes to help you learn about working with Acrobat X (and stay tuned… we’ll have lots more when Acrobat X is available)
– I Didn’t Know Acrobat Could Do That! : Very near and dear to my heart, this 10-part series (get it – Acrobat X = 10 episodes) introduces 10 things I bet you didn’t know Acrobat could do – #10 is live now (Adobe SendNow) and the other 9 episodes will roll out over the coming days. Be sure to subscribe to keep up to date on the newest episode.
3. Are you interested in seeing a live presentation on Acrobat X? Well, on Tuesday (10/19) and Thursday (10/21) this week, the Acrobat Enablement Team (Ali H, Joel G, and I) will be hosting two eSeminars at AcrobatUsers.com. We’d love to have you join us – or if you can’t make it at that time – we’ll be recording it.
Stay tuned for more updated information on Acrobat X!
I’m excited to announce that we recently launched a new service on AcrobatUsers.com to allow anyone to request a set of 3 customized PDF Portfolio templates. All you have to do is upload your organization’s logo – and we’ll do the rest. Our designers will create 3 layouts (slider, carousel, and cover flow), post them on Acrobat.com, and send you an email when they’re ready!
Take a look – send us your logo – and you will “wow” your co-workers and customers.
Registration is open and the MAX scheduler is live. I’ll be presenting a 90-minute lab again this year entitled “I Didn’t Know Acrobat Could Do That!” in response to multiple requests from customers and developers that were unaware of what is possible with Acrobat 9. In addition to this hands-on lab, there will be lots of other Acrobat sessions.
We’re lucky to have Harry Hemus of Dividi Projects joining us to talk about creating rich, interactive PDF documents. Harry has created some very cool presentations, including one for David Gilmour‘s Live in Gdańsk project, and Harry’s story is currently a featured video on the Acrobat home page.
Adobe MAX 2009. I’m going, will you?
Monday night, Law Technology News held their annual awards, and (drum roll please)… Acrobat won again for the category “New Product of the Year”. I’m excited about this honor, and the reaffirmation that Acrobat is the best product on the market for legal professionals. Rick Borstein hosts a great blog for legal professionals with tips, tricks, podcasts and demos to enable you to discover all that Acrobat can offer.
I feel like we’ve all just had a baby… I guess we did and we called it Acrobat 9.
So… just the facts, ma’am…
- If you want to try it out now… please visit http://www.adobe.com/tryacrobat
- If you want to buy it now, feel free to stop by the Adobe Online Store,or call your reseller.
- If you want to learn more you have a few options:
- You want to hear a live presentation so you can ask questions — please join me on Thursday, June 26th for an eSeminar on how to use Acrobat 9.
- You want to listen to a recorded presentation — I created one on 6 Cool Things you can do with Acrobat 9
- You want to investigate on your own – visit http://www.adobe.com/acrobat or http://www.acrobatusers.com
OK – you have either purchased Acrobat 9 or you have downloaded the trial and you want to learn more about using Acrobat — we have some great new how-to videos posted in the Adobe Video Workshop
Enjoy! Acrobat 9 is going to amaze you, really…
Welcome to my first blog. As I mentioned in my ‘About’ description, I’ve been a Developer Evangelist for the past 5 years at Adobe. However, I’ve been employed by Adobe for 9 years in total. I spend all of my time talking about PDF: PDF as a standard (like PDF/A and PDF/E); PDF in Acrobat or Reader; PDF & XML in our LiveCycle products.
I’m a bit nervous about blogging, so bear with me as I learn the ropes.