Transition and tween explorer

This tool allows you to try out the various transition and tween effects offered in ActionScript 2.0 and then, when you’re happy with the way it looks, you can copy the code snippets into your own movies.

Pretty self explanatory really. Run the swf, use the radio buttons to pick a transition and tween effect and use the test buttons to see what they look like. The boxes on the right contain code snippets that you can copy into your own movies.

I’ve included the fla in the zip as it shows how to create a UI using standard Flash components.

Download the zip

14 Responses to Transition and tween explorer

1. ktec says:

Nice one, thats very useful!!

2. sl says:

When compiling in Flash 8 I get the following error:

The member is private and cannot be accessed.
    this._innerBounds = this.manager._innerBounds;

3. Mark Fuqua says:

Thank you. I was going to post a question to a forum for problem I was having with my very first ActionScript project and this post answered it before I could even get it posted.

Mark

4. Clive Whitear says:

About this message posted by ktec:

The member is private and cannot be accessed.
    this._innerBounds = this.manager._innerBounds;

“_innerBounds” is a private property of the Transition class. I’m not accessing this property directly, so I assume it must be some sort of bug in the Transition class itself. Sorry I can’t help you here, maybe someone else can shed some light on it…

Clive

5. kelvin says:

Good, thats very useful for flash animation.

But it not work..i have try to copy the code to the fla. and runing ActionScript 2.0.

6. Philip says:

Can you use this for multiple movies or image transitions.

7. Clive Whitear says:

You can use individual commands for individual movieclips or put multiple movieclips and/or images into another ‘container’ movieclip and use a single command.

8. angie says:

Thanks for the plug-in.

I am having a little trouble when I customize the “example_mc” movieclip to another name…I get actionscript errors. I am a novice so it is probably simple – but any suggestions about the syntax for changing the name to something else? for example my movieclip is called movie_mc….

9. Alex says:

How do you loop a tween that goes only on the Y axis to go up and down many times?

10. Kopu says:

Oh Thanks… It’s really useful…

11. Nix says:

Hi

PLEASE PLEASE tell me why I cant open the .fla file? it says unexpected file format.

Im running Flash MX

Its quite urgent – really need to get this blind transition working

Thanks in advance

12. Rick says:

Are we out in the cold here or what? What is the answer?

“re: Hi

Im running Flash MX

Its quite urgent – really need to get this blind transition working”

13. Clive Whitear says:

Unexpected file format is because the FLA is saved in Flash 8 format.