Flex 3 and AIR 1 are a GO!

Mike wrote up a post on the Flexteam blog that says it all so I won’t say more here.

But woohoo!

Definitely check out the new Open Source Flex SDK site!

11 Responses to Flex 3 and AIR 1 are a GO!

1. Dmitri says:

Hi Matt, great news!Two things I want to mention1 – still the currency conversion rate is so 1999(AUD1 = USD0.65). If Amazon or BHphoto or even Microsoft will do that they will be just torn in pieces by angry customers. Developers will not do that – they can only send complaints and write to Slashdot :)Anyhow, there is another problem – I haven’t been issued with Serial Number. Download center advices me to contact Customer Service, which I did via online form. But from my experience this can take weeks.So, do you know what could be the problem with S/N?Cheers,Dmitri Girski.Actually, I’ve already bought it and there a couple of things I want

2. Matt says:

Sorry, I don’t have any control over the currency exchange policy that we implement. Did the download center say why your serial wasn’t sent? Did your credit card successfully get charged?

3. Jean-Christophe TURIN says:

I’ve just downloaded the new trial and it says that my trial version has expired. (I’ve just installed it!)When downloading the new FB, it asks me for my mail to send a serial, but I’ve never received it. Am I the only one in that case?Cheers,And good news for the release! We’ve been waiting for it for so looong! It roax!

4. Matt says:

Please remove the license.properties file found here:Windows: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Adobe\Flex\license.propertiesMac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flex/license.propertiesYou probably had a beta 3 serial.

5. Jean-Christophe TURIN says:

Finally we buy it 10 minutes ago ;)Anyway, it’s working fine with your tip. Thanks for your reply!Cheers,

6. James Ahlschwede says:

My serial # is also “Contact Customer Support” so you’re not alone Dmitri. According to posts elsewhere it’s some bug with the store and when they get it fixed your serial number should just show up on the Your Downloads page of Your Account information.Other than that small problem this is great. Congrats on both releases!

7. Dmitri Girski says:

Hi James,I’ve been promptly contacted by a number of people from Adobe and now I’ve got my serial number.So, problem should be fixed by now.Thanks to everyone who helped!Cheers,Dmitri Girski

8. James Ahlschwede says:

Following up; 23 hours after I placed my order I see I now have a serial number. I didn’t get notification about it from Adobe, so just keep checking your Account page.

9. Jamie Badman says:

This is great news. Unfortunately it seems that existing customers don’t get a serial number until some time in March according to Adobe support. It’s all pretty disappointing. Apparently we have to wait until March then we get sent coupons which we can then use to upgrade to Flex 3. The really funny part is, Adobe Support told me (today – 27th Feb) that “Flex 3 is not yet ready to be shipped”. Nice.

10. Max says:

Hi Matt! Cool site! I found it by doing the second tutorial of Flex 2. But look, there is a mistake. In the last part “Create a dynamic link” :Do you see it? The semicolon at the end. It blocks the browser! :-)Yours sincerely, Max

11. Jim Brock says:

Have you tryed to get support for Flex Builder PRO 3. Adobe has moved it all under Server products and I was quote $20K for support of a $400 eclispe add-in. Attempt to order the support packages on Adobe web site, every time I’m told that they are not allowed due to Flex being a Server Product. Attempted to purchase 2 other support pacakges recommended by Adobe through resellers, each time the same thing, can not sell a support package for this package – “IT IS A SERVER PRODUCT”. Called the Server group, they put me through to a dead line for unhappy customers. Sad that such a simple thing is so messed up, but it is what I have come to expect from Adobe.