Help me test my Flash Communication Server App Part 2

Here is the link to the application test that I am running today:
Thanks to everyone who helped with the test. We ended up with a max of 44 users. I apoligize to everyone who could not join. The Flash Com server i was serving from has a 2 mb / s limit, and we ran into that. We will be doing some more tests in the future, with a higher bandwidth limit on the server.
Basically, I was streaming a live video feed from my house (over a 256 kbs up cable modem). Everyone connected could see the video.

  • up to 25 users : video quality acceptable (3 – 5 fps). Audio good.
  • 25 – 35 users : audio and video began to degrade.
  • 35 -44 users : audio and video breaking up / poor.

The problem was that the Flash Communication Server I was hosting this on had a 2 mb / sec up limit, which we were hitting. This is why users had trouble logging in, and why the video got worse.
I think that i am going to write an article for this on the Macromedia Designer and Developer center, to help users measure how much bandwidth their project will require.

Comments are closed.