DRK 2 : Advanced Calendar and Color Picker Example

I have put up a simple example using the Advanced Calendar and Color Picker components. The components are part of the Flash UI Component Set 54which is available of volume 2 of the Developer Resource Kit.
You can view the example here.
I will try and get some additional examples up soon.

25 Responses to DRK 2 : Advanced Calendar and Color Picker Example

1. Scott says:

I would like to see the javascript behind this example. Any help woul dbe appreciated.Thanks

2. mike chambers says:

do you mean actionscript? there is no javascript at all. this is all flash.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

3. Scott says:

Opps, slipped a cog there – yes actionscript.

4. Scott says:

Thanks a bunch man!!!

5. Bill Perry says:

I took a look at the sample documentation for the Adv. calendar component and it refers to a sample .fla file “Advanced Calendar Example.fla”. I’ve looked on the DRK 2 CD and on the MM site and couldn’t find it. Any ideas?

6. Bill Perry says:

… nevermind… found it on the CD….

7. Patrick Mullady says:

Can the calendar component be integrated to a MySQL database using PHP?

8. mike chambers says:

Yes. very easily. Just load the data from PHP, put it into the correct format and pass it to the calendar component.hope that helps…mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

9. Patrick Mullady says:

Thanks Mike, does the DRK 2 disc come with any user documentation?I’ve never used the dataProvider before.I’m fairly advanced with actionscript but there is still lots I haven’t tackled.Also, I’ll need to skin the calendar with custom fonts and graphics…possible?Difficult?Thanks for the response- Patrick

10. Andrew says:

Hi,I’ve got a specific question for you. I’ve got a blog-type flash remoting app all set up and dropped the advanced calendar in it. All I wanna do is pass the date into the function that is called to show the blogs for that date (a cfc is called to run a date-criteria query), but I can’t find the param that represents the date. Do I have to set up a data provider for this?Thanks in advance for any assistance.Sincerely,Andrew

11. Andrew says:

Hi Mike,I just want to warn you of an upcoming cross-post – I just found MM’s DRK forum and will probably post the same question there that I posted here. Sorry :)Sincerely,Andrew

12. Lorri says:

I am using the calendar component and noticed that if you click on a date and then click on it again it deselects this date. For what I am doing I do not want this to happen. If you click on the same date you have selected, I want it to stay selected. Where in the calendar component code can I fix this? I have printed it all out and I can’t seem to figure out where to do this.Any help is appreciated.Thanks,Lorri

13. tom says:

nice calendar – works good

14. Ed says:

Got a question trying to put more information inside the cells of the calendar but can’t track down the code yet for the size of the date cells if you know this it would be much appreciated

15. Anna says:

I think macromedia dreamwever is the best program to create your website

16. javi says:

very good site.

17. Hernan says:

You didnt answer the first question, about the actionscript for the example… The documentation (as usual) doesnt help.. Looks old.

18. Hernan says:

I mean, for the new components.

19. tait says:

hi guys,great calender,im using Macromedia Flash MX and i have recently downloaded free fonts off sites like 1001freefonts.com, and installed them on my computer, they show up on all applications of mine except flash, how do i install these fonts into flash, is it possible, will i ever get a reply to this post!?!?!

20. tait says:

i dont know what i did, i dont know how i did it, but its all better now, thank god, wierd….

21. Charles says:

where can we download the fla file for this example?

22. Charles says:

where can we download the fla file for this example?

23. Steve says:

Could you please direct me to the fla and actionscript behind this component?