DRK 4 is Now Available

The DevNet Resource Kit Volume 4 (DRK 4) is now available for for DevNet Essentials subscribers and for individual purchase ($99). Yes, you heard that right, no more three months before you can buy it individually.

This DRK is probably our most comprehensive yet, with over 25 new components, extensions, sample applications, graphic libraries and other resources.

You can see a complete list of content here.

Here are some of the highlights:

As usual, the DRK contains content for Flash, ColdFusion and Dreamweaver.

I will be posting more about the content on the DRK over the next couple of days.

You can find more info on DRK 4 here.

10 Responses to DRK 4 is Now Available

1. Brian says:

is there a PDF/HTML version of the docs for the charting components like there has been in the past?

2. Mike Chambers says:

Unfortunately, not at this time, but we are planning on getting them online in the next week or two.In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, just ask me.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

3. Patrick Whittingham says:

Mike,Is JIMG for only CFMX use only? Does it work with CF 5.0?

4. Christian Cantrell says:

Jimg will only work with CFMX because of its Java interoperability.

5. Shiny says:

Jimg seems to do a horrible job on the quality of resizing images, much worse then cfx_image, even. I was hoping for something better so I could get away from using aspimage.

6. Can you send me the image you are trying to scale and the dimensions you are trying to scale it to so I can take a look? Jimg uses the Java Advanced Imaging library to perform the image operations which should not degrade the image in any way.Thanks,Christian

7. Keith says:

Can JIMG convert JPEGs to non-progressive JPEGs?–Keith–

8. Please post DRK support questions to the Macromedia DRK forum:http://webforums.macromedia.com/drk/Thanks,Christian

9. Mak says:

I like to use charting componments wusing access database interaction. I know ASP coding only.Can I do this?How can I do it?How do I define variable in falsh for Database access?Please help.Thanks a lot,Mak

10. Bob Franz says:

I like it and would have to get it, why do I have to be forced to buy all this other stuff that I will not use.I use Flash, I don’t use Cold Fusion, and Dreamweaver and it seems that MM is using strong arm tatics to get users to purchase of DRK4 for only 33 percent of the content on the disk.WHY can’t I only get the Flash stuff?