Where is Mike Chambers?

Sorry for the slow down in posting activity over the past couple of weeks. I have been swamped wrapping up some projects (can you say DRK4?), getting ready for Flash Forward, learning some new stuff and selling my house (tons of fun!).

Anyways, things should get back to normal soon. I will also be at FlashForward next week, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

FYI, this Friday is a holiday in the US, so Macromedia offices will be closed. It might take a little longer than normal for me to respond to any emails.

13 Responses to Where is Mike Chambers?

1. Amir Dotan says:

Hi Mike,I guess this is the only place I can actually get a hold of you and I hope it won’t come out as a rent. I’ve sent you about four emails over the last six months regarding different topics. As much as I can appreciate the amount of work and emails you must be getting, I am disappointed that none of them received any response what so ever. Being ignored once is ok. Twice is understandable to some extent but four times simply gives the impression there’s no point in bothering. Wouldn’t you agree?I am NOT complaining (even though it sounds like it I know), and would simply like to know how can one get in touch with once every few months since emailing you seems to be a waste of time, at least from my experience.Thanks,Amir

2. Hi Mike!Taking a look at the DRK4 info page, I was intrigued by the “Graphics Libraries” reference on the Flash MX list.Can you peep me on what this is? Is it a component to display graphics listings? Or a clip art resource?

3. Matty says:

New charting component. Awesome. Can’t wait.

4. James says:

Mike,can we see the DRK loaded onto the DevNet Pro subscription center with a sub-menu (so we can select tools we’re interested in much more quickly).200MB downloads is way too big! Even on Broadband!Thanks!

5. mike chambers says:

>can we see the DRK loaded onto the DevNet Pro subscription center with a sub-menu (so we can select tools we’re interested in much mYes. The next DRK will have the components available as a seperate download.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

6. mike chambers says:

>Can you peep me on what this is? Is it a component to display graphics listings? Or a clip art resource???? more info very soon…mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

7. James says:

Fantastic! Thanks Mike!

8. rob says:

lol @ clip art for flash mx.

9. Brian says:

So do we get to know the release date for DRK4? It’s within 30 days right? Can you be more specific on the date it will be available to subscribers?Can you say what sample apps will be included?thanks much,-Brian

10. mathew h. says:

mike,? for you – where can i find the spot where my templates are kept in flash mx? i have a few in there that i made a while ago that i want to remove.thanks,-mathew

11. Patrick Whittingham says:

Mike -Just a FYI….found this article about Javascript and Actionscript comparisons because they are based on ECMAscript.http://www.webreference.com/programming/javascript/j_s/column2/index.html

12. Brian says:

matthew h. : are you looking for this folder?C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash MX\First Run\TemplatesHTH…–Bring DRK4 on already 😉

13. rewindlife says:

1000 points in 500 pixels

The question of plotting a line graph with thousands of data points came up again today. This always puzzled me; if your chart is only 500 pixels wide, why would you try to draw a chart with 1000 points? It…