Central DevChat

If you are looking for the install badge for the Central DevChat, you can find it here. This page / link will always have the latest info on the chat.

Status:

February 2, 2004 : I haven’t had a chance to work on it lately, although I have a ton of ideas of things to impliment.

20 Responses to Central DevChat

1. Robert says:

I have been trying to get to this link for a while now but the page just hangs. What is the deal?

2. toni says:

There is some problem with swf, the movie not load:(

3. DannyZ says:

Hey Bud, the swf is missing!

4. mike chambers says:

Oops. Sorry about that. It was not showing up on IE windows. It should be working now.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

5. Imran Naseem says:

Dear Friends,I m working on Help Desk system , with the help of Flash MX and MX communication Server. but i have face many problem coz. i don’t have good Programming skill in this type of programming. so kindly if anybody can help me then add me at MSN “flasher_2002@hotmail.com” or send me some articals or example links. where i can find help.thnx

6. Shaun says:

Hoping you can help..Im using Flash 4..When I try to edit your flash (fla)It comes back..>>>>This file type is not recongnized..would you like to try using another application to insert the file asanambedded object?If no other application understands this file type, the file will appear asan icon..<<When I press yes it shuts down??Your help ..please..Thanks!Shaun

7. Sebastien says:

Hi !I’m working with Flash Remoting (against jboss-tomcat) and I face the following pb:1. the contextual menu customization (possibly others ?) with:Flash Player 6: does _not_ work (no custom menu possible)Flash Player 7: works fine2. the flash remoting withFlash Player 6: works fineFlash Player 7: does not work (I get the error ‘No service named [type Function] is known to Flash Remoting MX.’)thanx for any input.seb.

8. Justin says:

Hi…Does anyone knows how to decompile flash swf files on websites that has flash animation on it? please advise.

9. david says:

Will future versions of Flash offer color coding of the frame timeline?How about a way of searching the symbols within the Library?Perhaps the option to Publish each scene as a separate swf file and automatically code a connection between them (allowing one to load after the other)?

10. Kevin Wright says:

We are looking for a Flash programmer to work in our office (here in Toronto, ON) for a two month contract (with possible extension to full time).Can anyone recommend a good individual or directory to find individuals here in the Toronto area?Thanks.

11. Enser says:

Hello.How can i disable dialog “A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 7 to run slowly…”?

12. Otis says:

im developing an application where i use the chat and people list component connected by scripting.i had the original macromedia components and it worked, then switched the flash comm application to another aplication coresponding to a different main.asc that loaded InfluxisComponents.asc and switched the macromedia chat for the influxis chat, and it still worked.the moment i switch to the influxis people list both components act funny, no send button shows up, the scroll bars look funny but the chat still works, if i type and press enter.anybody any clues as to whats going on ?

13. kiron says:

14. kiron says:

anybody help me,how can i insert date and time in my flashmovie, and tell me how to create preloaderfor flash.thnx.

15. kiron says:

16. kiran says:

i want to insert date in mm/dd/yy format & time in hh-mm format ,pls any one help me

17. John says:

Just downloaded this application, what a great app, but the chat part does not work:(Thanks so much for making this, I can check movies with out going on the web very cool!Thanks again,John

18. Andree M says:

Hi!!…. why everybody is asking and nobody is answering the questions? kiran do you know google.com?? they have a lot of answers!! but also you can check this page ffiles.com they have a lot of cool stuff in flash! and you can share your stuff too!

19. ANJL says:

Why are there so many flash noobs out there asking for “the codez”. Give me the codez for this, the codez for that… seriously, kiddie scripters are NOT allowed.One thing to note is when people use flash as a non-object oriented language (I.E. have one giant script in the first object instance).. I hate words. Either way, the larger the script in an object, the more unstable that script is (so says the god “adobe”). And don’t have your main be directing the whole show, allow your objects to be semi-independent, handling tasks that should be associated with them.

20. Hello..i am lead programmers for SanctuaryForAll.com sci-fi series ….(same peoples who created Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis)…we are working on a new sci-fi series on the WEB only in HD in flash 9…we want our episodes (which are fairly big in size) to be downloaded to the user local hard drive but played from within the web browser/web site…i dont seem to be able to access local files from within flash unless i make this a projector which i dont want to…go see the site …we’re playing 480p, 720p and 1080p FLVs from within the web browser…and we need help….