Central Wallpaper Contest Winners

Well, after going through the 80+ submission, and then counting all of the votes for the 10 finalists, we finally have a winner for the Central Desktop Wallpaper contest.

Here they are:

In 3rd place, and the winner of a stylish Macromedia Central T-Shirt, we actually have a tie:

Created by “sangles”

Created by Daniele Ugoletti

In a very close 2nd place, and the winner of a Central tube of goodies:

Created by Abel Rios

And finally, in first place, and the proud new owner of an Xbox is:

Created by Scott Barnes / Team Mossy Blog

If you are one of the winners, send an email to me at mesh@macromedia.com with your mailing info.

Thanks to everyone who entered and voted. We were completely blown away by the response, and may do a similar contest for Flash in the future.

17 Responses to Central Wallpaper Contest Winners

1. ericd says:

awesome competition – wonderful desktops – i grabbed a bunch of them i am using them.to the winners – congratulations!! you did an awesome job!!

2. Scott Barnes says:

Wooooo hoooooooo!Have to set the record straight, it was created by Tony@MossyBlog our resident Graphic Guru.

3. nice, very nice. It’s great to see you interacting with the community like this πŸ™‚ and congrats to all the winners! πŸ™‚

4. Todd Fraser says:

Jeez, I LOVE the Central community!! Congrats to all the winners and a huge thumbs-up to everyone who entered. I saved damn-near every single one. Contests like this are few and far between. I’d like to see more of them. Good work! And thank you Mike!

5. aSH says:

Congrats to all the winners!Hard decision for the central team, but the winners rock!I have all the wallpapers, thanks to everyone!And thanks to the central team for provide le topic πŸ˜‰

6. sangles says:

So much fun paticipating in this contest.Can’t wait for the next one :DAs aSH said, hard decision for the Central teamCongrats to everyone!

7. Congrats to the top three as well as all who entered.. This contest was so much fun… gave us all something to talk about.. heheh…. other than that, it made us all think about what Central is… I love Central! If I could I would squeal like Dean! lol

8. eokyere says:

yum stuff… kudos to all who participated. extra thumbs to scott (team mossy), abel, danielle and sangles

9. yeah, congratulations to the winners, amazing works here ! πŸ™‚

10. ddrum says:

Are there bigger versions available of the winning background? Maybe a 1280×1024 px version? πŸ™‚

11. mike chambers says:

>Are there bigger versions available of the winning background?yep. Just look through the comments here:http://www.markme.com/mesh/archives/004354.cfmfor the original entries. Almost all of them have multiple sizes.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

12. Jon Bradley says:

Props to all that entered. I actually created 4 or 5 myself that I’m using but didn’t have time to enter ’em.It’s interesting to note that the only winning images that I’d ever consider as good desktop backgrounds are 3rd place: Sangles & Daniele. All the others are too busy and aren’t feasible BG images for day-to-day work, IMHO.2nd Place is good, but there’s way too much contrast, and a light background like that on a monitor is going to cause quite a bit of eyestrain (looks sweet though).I’m a fan of simplicity and elegance. The most amount of effort went into the 1st place image. It also contains a better brand-execution than the others although it’s just way way too busy.Too many desktops these days look like the stuff seen on the old H73.com site … i prefer not to have seizures while working all day long πŸ™‚

13. Jack Smith says:

I would apply for the next one.I am not sure how I stumbled across this.But I think that next time it would be better if this was also advertised on the main page news on the macromedia main page.That way I would know it was happening, as no offence, but appart from this I haven’t seen anything else that would make me check your blog daily mike! Anyway, keep up the good work, what is the situation with Central? It has hardly any apps available, has it been fully launched yet or is it still the beta?

14. chall3ng3r says:

woooeeeee,great, congrats to all winners, and good whishes for the runners-up. (including me ;)mm can use these wallpapers as advertise banner on print mags as well.this was the contest for designers, now lets see if mike can arrange one contest for central application developers…. but contest duration should be reasonable.// chall3ng3r //

15. Esta muy pobre el soporte en espaΓ±ol, nosotros tambien somos inportantes no creen.

16. _hi says:

it would have been nice if the 1st place winner didn’t take the file down so quick…..

17. mak says: