Flash Resource Manager

As I posted last week, I have been playing around (in my free time) with building a small app for viewing the Flash documentation outside of the Flash IDE. Well, the first public version of the Flash Resource Manager is now available.

Flash Resource Manager
Beta 0.93
Last Updated July 26, 2004

Created by Mike Chambers

Default graphics and application icons created by Josh Dura.

Requirements—————————————–

Requires Windows running the .NET framework. You can download the .NET framework (all 23 megs of it) from:<br?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

Installation—————————————–

It is recommended that you first uninstall previous versions of the application before installing a new version.

Features
—————————————–

This application is a standalone resource manager for Macromedia Flash. It offers a number of features, including:

• Ability to view Flash help outside of the Flash Help panel.
  • Ability to open multiple tabs, and thus view multiple help items at a time.
  • Very fast search that can be filtered by help book.
  • Ability to search with regular expressions.
  • Livedocs integration (only with ActionScript dictionary).
  • Ability to write custom search plug-ins (based on FireFox search plug-in format).
  • Ability to re-skin graphics, and switch between icon themes.
  • Online integration so you always get the latest Flash community news.
  • Ability to set window to always be on top.
  • Support for Macromedia Livedoc HTML format.
  • Highlight search terms in search results.
  • Much, much more…

Screenshots
————————————————————————-

help_prefs_sm.gif
Help Preferences with Flex and ColdFusion Docs

search_hi_scrn_sm.gif
Search Results with search term being highlighted.

Application showing livedocs support

Application showing latests Flash community news and info.

Search results from Regular Expression based search.

Search the macromedia.flash.actionscript newsgroup via a search plugin.

Change Log
—————————————–

July 26, 2004

• Added support for Flash MX 2004 7.2.
  • Added option to not view help files installed by extensions.
  • You can now set files as start page. You must enter a valid URI.
  • Added home page link to go menu.
  • Latest News link in go menu now goes to latest news, and not home page.
  • Added version support to application settings. The application will only load settings if the settings were created by the same version of the application.

April 15, 2004

• Added ability to add Macromedia HTML based docs (tested with Flex, ColdFusion and Central)
  • Added Preferences > Help to manage, add and edit which HTML docs are included.
  • Added Flash HowTo help books to default install.
  • Added ability to search documents from the help tree context menu (will search for currently selected item).
  • Added ability to search plugins from the help tree context menu (will search for currently selected item).
  • Fixed bug where application window would not always have focus when launched.
  • Added preference to toggle the collapsed state of a node when it is clicked.
  • Fixed bug where regular expression check box was being ignore in searches (all searches were treated as regular expressions)
  • Fixed bug where items were added to search filter even if index file was invalid. (Thanks Jason Merrill)
  • Moved Flash docs to be contained within top level folders / nodes.
  • Added ability to toggle which top level Flash documents / books are available (View > Preferences > Help).
  • Improved start up time
  • Search terms will now be highlighted when viewing search results (this is currently an experimental feature).
  • Added back / forward browser buttons (I will implement browser features better in future releases)
  • removed toolbar layout persistence into separate file. This should not be edited by hand.

April 8, 2004

• Added ability to automatically determine Flash Authoring language
  • Fixed problems with parsing non-English help XML documents

Change Log
—————————————–

• The application does not always have focus when it starts.
  • Search highlighting is experimental. Some search terms will break the HTML. (If you know Regular Expressions well, and want to help, let me know).

Adding Macromedia HTML Help
—————————————–

Flash Resource Manager now has the ability to use Macromedia help in downloadable Livedoc HTML format. This has been tested with the following docs:

Macromedia Flex

Macromedia ColdFusion

Macromedia Central

In order to add the docs to the application:

1. Download and unzip the docs.
  2. Open the Resource Manager Application.
  3. Open View > Preferences Help.
  4. In the HTML section, press the Add button.
  5. Navigate the appropriate XML file within the download docs. There will normally be 2. In general, you want the one with the product name in the file name. The application will validate that you have selected the correct format.

For example, the Flex XML file is:
    Htmldoc/000_flex.xml

6. The default name for the doc will be the XML file name. Type in the name you want it to appear as.
  7. Click ok, and restart the application.
  8. The new docs should now appear.

If you test it with docs other than the products mentioned above, let me know and I will add it to the list.

Creating new themes
—————————————–

To create a new icon theme, copy the themes/Default folder to a new folder within the themes directory. You can then change the images within the directory. Any bitmap image type should work (bmp, gif, jpg, png). You can set the mask color as well as other information about the theme, within the index.xml file included within your theme directory. Images should be 16×16.

The theme name is determined by the name of the theme’s directory.

Creating new search plug-ins
—————————————–

You can add new search plug-ins by placing them within the search/ directory. Flash Resource Manager uses a subset of the FireFox search plug-in format (which itself is based on the Apple Sherlock plug-in format). It currently only supports GET based plug-ins.

You can read the FireFox plug-in docs at:

Note, the plug-ins must be well formed XML. Many of the FireFox plug-ins are not well formed, and thus you may have to fix them. If you are not sure, just look at one of the existing plug-ins.

Reporting bugs
—————————————–

If you find a bug or have a suggestion, please send it to mesh@macromedia.com. If you experience an application crash, please also send the logs/error.log file, as well as a description of your computer setup, and what you were doing when the application crashed.

Tips
—————————————–

CTRL-Click on a node to open it in a new tab.

SHIFT-Click on a node to open it in a new browser.

If the app seems to be using a lot of memory, try to minimize and then maximize it.

You can customize which buttons appear on the tool bar. The layout will be saved between sessions.

Notes
—————————————–

Resources menu is not yet complete.

Special Thanks
—————————————–
Chafic Kazoun
Robin Debreuil
Jason Merrill
Christian Cantrell
Owen van Dijk

THIS APPLICATION WAS NOT CREATED BY AND IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH NOR SUPPORTED BY MACROMEDIA.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Download

————————————————————————-

Download Flash Resource Manager Beta 0.93

Post suggestions, feature requests and bugs in the comments.

92 Responses to Flash Resource Manager

1. mike chambers says:

Command Line argumentsfyi, you can pass the following command line arguments to the applicationsFlashCommandResource.exe -s SEARCHTERMthis will open the app (or bring the currently open app into focus) and execute the search specified via the command line.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

2. Geoff Bowers says:

Great app! And many thanks for supporting Fullasagoog in the news and search preferences! Any thoughts on releasing details on how to integrate other help offerings? eg CFMX help.

3. mike chambers says:

>Any thoughts on releasing details on how to integrate other help offerings? eg CFMX help.Yes. The next version should support the ability for users to specify the paths that are searched for help. That should allow the app to work with any HTML based docs.mike chambers

4. dasp says:

Hi there!I get an error when i’m launching the app that says:Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d’accès “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\en\Configuration\HelpPanel\Help\”.which means “unable to find…”, and which is true because i’m using a french version of Flash so it should go and look in the “fr” folder and not in the “en”…Is there a way to avoid this by modifying a config file?anyway this app is a brilliant idea!Hava nice day!

5. mike chambers says:

Look in the INSTALLPATH/config directory, there might be a file named:app.configif not, you can download one from here:http://www.markme.com/mesh/files/helpapp/app_config.zipunzip the file and place it in your config/ directory.Open it with a text editor, and change the langue tofrlet me know if that fixes it.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

6. Great app, Mike!Thanks a lot. I believe this is going to be really useful.

7. Joey says:

Indeed a great usefull application!I was just wondering how this all is being updated? I understand that the info (through RSS) and integration with LiveDocs is from the Internet, so the latest documentation. But what about the Actionscript part and components-documentation? This is all being loaded from the local documentationfiles from Flash MX ?So when I want to refresh the documentation info in Flash Resource Manager I need to start Flash MX and check for new documentation-updates?Thanx in advance & keep up the good work! 😀

8. 1stpixel says:

Absolutely Great, i wonder what mother has to say to this ;-)1stpixel

9. s22 says:

Hi,mikei has send a mail to u about MXNA International website,why not add these link and search service in your software

10. dasp says:

thanks a lot Mike!I’ve just noticed you sent me an e-mail and i’ve checked your answer…It works!Thanks a lot for your fast answer and have a nice day!Bye!

11. ericd says:

Well sir – this is a pretty valuable and great application. Thank you for your time, talent and effort here – you’ve created a great tool that should have shipped with the IDE itself. An OSX version would be awesome, but I can use this version well enough.Thanks again!

12. dasp says:

Hoops! I may have talked a littel bit quickly!I get another error:07/04/2004 12:37:35 : Error parsing help file.C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\fr\Configuration\HelpPanel\Help\UsingFlash\help_toc.xmlIl existe un caractère non valide dans le codage donné. Ligne 5, position 45.it seems like the encoding used by the french version of Flash is not supported by your app (yet!).The result of that is I don’t get anything in the “Reference” tab…Bye!

13. Josh Dura says:

Great app Mike, thanks for allowing me to create all the graphics for it 🙂

14. mike lyda says:

Sounds awesome.. but is there any chance of a version that doesn’t rely on the .NET framework?

15. eokyere says:

an excellent excellent resource, mike. thx so much

16. John says:

Interesting.. I was trying to download .Net and download speeds were horrible.. I thought that maybe every Flash user in the world must be trying to get .Net to run Mikes new resource manager. The download finally stalled. I was using Mozilla…. I switched to IE and it downloaded in about a minute. Thx MS. ;)Once I got past that little issue, everything worked just fine. Thx Mike.

17. Cliff Rowley says:

Brilliant! I was considering doing something like this myself (the help panel in Flash annoys me for various reasons).Well done 😀

18. Cliff Rowley says:

One small feature request .. could you add a ‘minimize to systray’ feature? I work mostly on a laptop, and taskbar space is precious 🙂

19. Todd Dominey says:

Another vote for an OS X version. Please… 😀

20. s22 says:

when mouse over a link , the state bar don’t display the url.

21. Bob Clagett says:

Great job Mike! This is sweet!Although I’m not sure I’m buying the “in my spare time” bit.. there’s no way you can have “spare time” :)Who else thinks there’s a Mike Chamers clone (or 2) running around somewhere?

22. mike chambers says:

>I was just wondering how this all is being updated?It just uses the help that has been installed into Flash. So if you update that help via flash, the app will automatically use the updated docs.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

23. mike chambers says:

>I get another error:I will look into this. can you send me a copy of that toc file?mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

24. Recommendations:Back/Forward buttons, middle-button for opening links in new page (or tab), and middle-button/double click closes tab.Otherwise, great.

25. [ADDED BY MIKE CHAMBERS]This issues has been fixed in an update:http://www.markme.com/mesh/archives/004714.cfmThe work around described below should not be needed for the new version.[END]Hi, I’ve found a fix for the problem that dasp found, and that I’ve found in my own system ( spanish ).It seems that the index files of the flash help system ( toc.xml ) have a correct utf-8 header, but are saved as ANSI, so when I started the application, I had the following error:————————————————> > 07/04/2004 10:51:17 : Error parsing help file.C:\Documents and Settings\ctarda\Configuración local\Datos de programa\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\es\Configuration\HelpPanel\Help\ActionScriptDictionary\help_toc.xmlThere is an invalid character in the given encoding. Line 3, position 26.There were various similar errors.Well, after opnening those files with a text editor and saving them as utf-8, everything seems to work properly.If you speak spanish, you can read a better written explanation here:http://www.design-nation.net/es/archivos/000206.php

26. ericd says:

how abot little close buttons on the tabs? like in safari?

27. mike chambers says:

I will look into that. In the mean time you can right click them to get a context menu that will allow you to close them.There is also a close button in the toolbar that closes the currently selected tab.mike chambers

28. Isaac Rivera says:

second mr Todd Dominey!OSX! OSX! OSX! OSX!Isaac Rivera

29. jeanphilippe says:

Very good job !!!!I’m waiting for OSX version too ! :)thanks

30. Mark Jonkman says:

GREAT APP!!!! Mike, well done!One small thing that I found. When clicking on a folder it opens but doesn’t expand the branch, you have to click twice to expand the branch.

31. mike chambers says:

>One small thing that I found. When clicking on a folder it opens but doesn’t expand the branch, you have to click twice to expand the branch.If you click on the +/- box in front of the node, it will expand it in one click. This lets you select nodes (for context menus / regular menus), without having to expand it.thanks for the feedback…mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

32. dasp says:

thanks Cesar Tardaguila, your solution works!but weirdly, the error.log still notices the sames errors…no matter! It works!thanks Mike also!

33. dasp says:

nota bene: If you are using the app on a non-US version of Flash you MUST open every .xml file in your local directories and save them with UTF-8 encoding…this solution was suggested by Cesar Tardaguila…have a nice use!

34. mike chambers says:

Hi all, I have uploaded a new version of the Flash Resource Manager:http://www.markme.com/mesh/archives/004714.cfmThis should fix all of the known issues that users running non-English versions of Flash have run into.You should not need to resave all of your XML files anymore.Let me know if this fixes your issues.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

35. mike chambers says:

>but weirdly, the error.log still notices the sames errors…dasp, those might be from before you made the changes. Just clear the error logHelp > Error Log > Clearand restart. Do you still get errors.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

36. It seems to work properly in my spanish system, if you change the language at the default “app.config” file .So, thanks again!

37. mike chambers says:

>When clicking on a folder it opens but doesn’t expand the branch, you have to click twice to expand the branch.fyi, I added a preference to have nodes open when they are clicked.This will be in the next release.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

38. dasp says:

if’ve checked the “clear error log on start” checkbox and I get this into it:09/04/2004 09:29:35 : Error parsing help index file.C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\fr\Configuration\HelpPanel\Help\ActionScriptDictionary\help_search_index.xml’>> have a nice day!

39. dasp says:

oops! Something strange happened, my post has been cut!here’s what I copied:09/04/2004 09:34:57 : Error parsing help index file.C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\fr\Configuration\HelpPanel\Help\ActionScriptDictionary\help_search_index.xml”<“, la valeur hexadécimale 0x3C, est un caractère d’attribut non valide. Ligne 311, position 4441.————————————————09/04/2004 09:34:57 : Error parsing help index file.C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\fr\Configuration\HelpPanel\Help\UsingComponents\help_search_index.xml”<“, la valeur hexadécimale 0x3C, est un caractère d’attribut non valide. Ligne 482, position 3074.————————————————…hope it’ll work…

40. mike chambers says:

dasp,did you download the update I posted earlier?http://www.markme.com/mesh/archives/004714.cfmmike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

41. julien says:

The update 4 non English versions works perfect.Bravo

42. mike chambers says:

>One small feature request .. could you add a ‘minimize to systray’ feature? I work mostly on a laptop, and taskbar space is precious :)So, you don’t mind if it appears in the taskbar while it is being used, but when you minize it, you want it to go to the systray?then when you open it again, it will be in the taskbar.is that what you are talking about?mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

43. dasp says:

yes, I did!well… I think so…this the “Download Flash Resource Manager Beta 0.9” link in the page “http://www.markme.com/mesh/archives/004700.cfm“, is it?

44. oneonone says:

This is excellent!!! Thanks very much. I dont buy “in my spare time” bit. this is real work. Thanks a million.

45. mike chambers says:

dasp,what is your version number?help > about menumike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

46. Jason says:

47. mike chambers says:

>Why would searching for “Menu Component” not turn up anything in your Resource Manager, but it turns up a bunch of stuff in the FMX 2004 Help?Jason, I just tried this and got 26 results back. What other search parameters were you using? Did you have all of the search books checked?I have fixed a couple of bugs related to search, so maybe I fixed this one, but I am curious if you are stil lseeing the same thing.mike chambers

48. dasp says:

my version: 7.1.1

49. Jason says:

Mike,I had only checked “Using Components” – I should have mentioned that,sorry. But shouldn’t there be results if “Using components” is checked? – i was only checking that one because I was trying to limit the search results to relevant topics.Second issue that came up today. I tried launching the Resource Manager this morning and got the following error:Error Binding Target MethodThen it quit and wouldn’t launch.I tried launching it again and it worked fine.v 0.9.1….

50. Jason Merrill says:

Still – if I search “Menu Component” with all boxes checked, I get nothing. If I search for just “Menu” – I get 239 results (too many IMO).I’m not sure what you did that got you the 26 results with all boxes checked and searching “Menu Component”I am not checking the “Match Case” or “Regular Expression” boxes either.

51. mike chambers says:

Weird, If i search just in the Using Components doc for “Menu Component”, I get 20 hits.Maybe we have different versions on the docs? Is there anything in your error log? (you can email it directly to me at mesh@macromedia.com).Also, regarding “Error Binding Target Method”. I think i know what is going on there and will fix it in the next release.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

52. Jason Merrill says:

Tried is again, same results. Yes there is some junk in the error log actually. I’ll e-mail it to you directly.

53. mike chambers says:

FYI, Jason’s issue was because of two things:1. a bug in the app2. he didnt have the latest version of the Flash docs.The bug has been fixed in the current release.mike chambers

54. dasp says:

Works very well!nota bene: I still get the errors I mentioned on “April 9, 2004 04:21 AM”…But it doesn’t seems to cause havoc!Nice job!

55. NoKlan says:

Hi,Its a great app but… The french special character are’nt working…Ex : “démarrer” and not “dmarrer”

56. farshad says:

please help me in the flash & script & book lerning or ebook learning for flashmxthanksfarshad hadjiabbasiiran tehranbye bye

57. Clint Tredway says:

Any chance of getting the source to this app?

58. Fantastic stuff Mike ! This app is awesome !!! This is what exactly I was searching for a long time. Btw when do you find time to do these stuffs ;)Once again thanks for this great appCheers,LAH

59. Brent says:

This looks like a great thing, I would just love to see it work on OS X! I the livedocs work kinda slow and to have it local on the machine would be wonderful. Is it done with Mozilla?

60. mike chambers says:

Well, I jsut switched back to OSX, and am learning Objective-C, so lets see what happens!mike chambersmesh@Macromedia.com

61. S Page says:

The open source Mono implementation of .NET is available for Mac OS X http://www.go-mono.com/ , that might ease porting. Also they have a MonoDoc viewer that’s somewhat similar.

62. mike chambers says:

>monoYes. Unfortunately, that does not contain most if not all of the windowing classes and components.mike chambers

63. Dave Carabetta says:

Mike, any possibility of releasing the source code for the application? I’d like to extend it a bit (i.e., add some menu options for Flex and ColdFusion-related stuff) and fix some bugs if I can. I’m relatively new to .NET, so this would be a great way for me to learn that as well as help you out and take some of the load off of your shoulders. Thanks in advance.

64. Dave Carabetta says:

PS — I’m happy to contribute back any changes I make that you feel would be a good addition to the tool. I did not mean to insinuate that I would take the code and run!!

65. mike chambers says:

What bugs did you run into?mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

66. Eric says:

After installing, FlResManager doesn’t find any reference help files and nothing is displayed in the search-tab. I only can use the plugins.After clicking at ‘EDIT’ I got the following Error:************** Ausnametext **************System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.editMenu_Popup(Object sender, MenuPopupEventArgs e)at TD.SandBar.MenuItemBase.OnBeforePopup(MenuPopupEventArgs e)at TD.SandBar.MenuBarItem.OnBeforePopup(MenuPopupEventArgs e)at q.a(TopLevelMenuItemBase A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Point A_3)at q.b(TopLevelMenuItemBase A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Point A_3)at TD.SandBar.TopLevelMenuItemBase.Show()at TD.SandBar.MenuBar.OnItemPush(ToolbarItemBase item, Point position)at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Geladene Assemblys **************mscorlibAssembly-Version: 1.0.5000.0Win32-Version: 1.1.4322.573CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll—————————————-FlashResourceManagerAssembly-Version: 0.92.1566.19850Win32-Version: 0.92.1566.19850CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Flash%20Resource%20Manager/FlashResourceManager.exe—————————————-System.Windows.FormsAssembly-Version: 1.0.5000.0Win32-Version: 1.1.4322.573CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll—————————————-SystemAssembly-Version: 1.0.5000.0Win32-Version: 1.1.4322.573CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll—————————————-System.DrawingAssembly-Version: 1.0.5000.0Win32-Version: 1.1.4322.573CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll—————————————-AxInterop.SHDocVwAssembly-Version: 1.1.0.0Win32-Version: 1.1.0.0CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Flash%20Resource%20Manager/AxInterop.SHDocVw.DLL—————————————-CollapsibleSplitterAssembly-Version: 1.3.0.0Win32-Version: 1.3.0.0CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Flash%20Resource%20Manager/CollapsibleSplitter.DLL—————————————-SandBarAssembly-Version: 1.0.8.0Win32-Version: 1.0.8.0CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Flash%20Resource%20Manager/SandBar.DLL—————————————-Interop.SHDocVwAssembly-Version: 1.1.0.0Win32-Version: 1.1.0.0CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Flash%20Resource%20Manager/Interop.SHDocVw.DLL—————————————-System.resourcesAssembly-Version: 1.0.5000.0Win32-Version: 1.1.4322.573CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.resources/1.0.5000.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/system.resources.dll—————————————-AccessibilityAssembly-Version: 1.0.5000.0Win32-Version: 1.1.4322.573CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll—————————————-LogAssembly-Version: 1.0.1566.19849Win32-Version: 1.0.1566.19849CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Flash%20Resource%20Manager/Log.DLL—————————————-mscorlib.resourcesAssembly-Version: 1.0.5000.0Win32-Version: 1.1.4322.573CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/mscorlib.resources/1.0.5000.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll—————————————-System.XmlAssembly-Version: 1.0.5000.0Win32-Version: 1.1.4322.573CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll—————————————-fjoqjskgAssembly-Version: 0.0.0.0Win32-Version: 1.1.4322.573CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll—————————————-SearchPluginAssembly-Version: 1.0.1566.19849Win32-Version: 1.0.1566.19849CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Flash%20Resource%20Manager/SearchPlugin.DLL—————————————-UtilsAssembly-Version: 1.0.1566.19849Win32-Version: 1.0.1566.19849CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Flash%20Resource%20Manager/Utils.DLL—————————————-System.Windows.Forms.resourcesAssembly-Version: 1.0.5000.0Win32-Version: 1.1.4322.573CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms.resources/1.0.5000.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.resources.dll—————————————-After this the program quits. I am using german XP and german FLMXPro.Any idea?Tnx,Eric.

67. William Ukoh says:

Hi there Mike. I have got a problem. The Flash resource manager isn’t displaying “Using Flash Remoting” help files, it only displays “Flash Remoting Dictionary”. How do I get it to display “Using Flash Remoting” help files. And how do I even make it display any html based help docs?

68. William Ukoh says:

Hi there Mike. I have got a problem. The Flash resource manager isn’t displaying “Using Flash Remoting” help files, it only displays “Flash Remoting Actionscript Dictionary”. How do I get it to display “Using Flash Remoting” help files. And how do I even make it display any html based help docs?

69. _Lobo_ says:

I was trying this new aplication for a week now and I can say that is greate!, since google I never get adict to “feed my brain with info” I can’t stop now !!!!! this tool is GREAT !!!!_Lobo_Switzerland

70. _Lobo_ says:

mmmm… I almost forget is posible to have a FAVORITES, where we can put the best articles, maybe not just record de URL (becouse this info can be erased) but have both the url and the offline content stock in the hard disk.is just an idea!

71. Peter says:

I’ve really taken to usng the Flash Resource Manager, the only slight annoyance I have is that the splash page when I launch it for some reason is completely black, with exception of the book icon and some very faint text.

72. Eugene says:

73. trond says:

hey – downloaded the cfmx help files and added them to FRM. they show up when i have the reference tab active, but when i switch to ‘search’, only flash help files are available.am i missing something…?

74. mike chambers says:

Yeah. Unfortunately, search is only supported for some of the Flash help files (those with search indexes).ColdFusion doesnt contain the indexes. Perhaps in the future I can scan them and have the app create its own index.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

75. cherrymissoff says:

I have same problems as:”Posted by EricJune 30, 2004 05:14 AM “I am using russian XP SP2.

76. Marc Bauer says:

os x version in the pipe 😀http://share.nesium.com/tmp/fhv.jpgmore infos soon 🙂

77. Elisei says:

Hello,very useful prog, thank you Mike.Want to ask you, is there any wayto save the position and size of themain prog window ?

78. I had to google “Flash Resource Manager download” to find http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=B613C to find link to download the zip on this page. I would recommend to put the link somewhere on the top, i.e. make it well noticeable. Other than, great tool, thank you!ditto

79. Rajesh says:

can u pls help for this error2/8/2005 1:43:17 PM : FATAL ERRORValue cannot be null.Parameter name: path2at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.initHelpFiles()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.init()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.FlashHelpPanel_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)————————————————2/8/2005 2:07:06 PM : FATAL ERRORValue cannot be null.Parameter name: path2at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.initHelpFiles()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.init()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.FlashHelpPanel_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)————————————————2/8/2005 2:09:29 PM : FATAL ERRORValue cannot be null.Parameter name: path2at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.initHelpFiles()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.init()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.FlashHelpPanel_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)————————————————2/8/2005 7:17:54 PM : FATAL ERRORValue cannot be null.Parameter name: path2at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.initHelpFiles()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.init()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.FlashHelpPanel_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)————————————————2/8/2005 7:29:49 PM : FATAL ERRORValue cannot be null.Parameter name: path2at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.initHelpFiles()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.init()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.FlashHelpPanel_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)————————————————

80. gilberto melendez says:

I had been using it until today may 04 2005, is very useful and intuitive thanks a lot for making it.But, today I have troubles with itwhen it starts the welcome page doesnot display maybe because the new version of MXNA 2.0but when i search something (anything) give the same errorfile not found /mxna/helppanel.cfmwhy is this??thanks

81. gilberto melendez says:

problem solve just change in/config/app.configthe tag that refers to Start URL byhttp://weblogs.macromedia.com/mxna/index.cfmand it’s donethanks for the cooool app any way!!!;)

82. mL says:

Does anyone know how I can update the StartURL tag to point to http://weblogs.macromedia.com for ONLY THE FLASH related feeds?Thx-mL

83. zkiiito says:

how can i use this with flash 8

84. dante says:

will there ever be a update? seems so dead right now…* I want to save the choosen checkboxes under search* can you melt the tabs on the left side to only one window? you maybe could display the results in a tab on the right side.

85. chia says:

I want to save the choosen checkboxes under search

86. D says:

Just found a reference to the tool in FlashCoders from a while back and thought I’d give it a try. Unfortunately, I’m on a new machine and I only have Flash 8. I’m assuming that’s why I’m getting the following error.log:11/28/2005 2:40:25 PM : FATAL ERRORValue cannot be null.Parameter name: path2at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.initHelpFiles()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.init()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.FlashHelpPanel_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)If there’s a way around this, I’d like to know. I did find the information on changing the following tags in app.config to reflect Flash 8:But I can’t get the ap to even start up. Help appreciated, just post here.Thanks!D

87. D says:

Thanks to Mike for the follow up email, and for anyone else that needs the info on working with Flash 8:http://weblogs.macromedia.com/mesh/archives/2005/09/flash_resource_5.cfm

88. p says:

mac version?????

89. Nate says:

If anyone would like some more tips on forming regular expressions, there is a great article here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_Expression

90. Rajesh Talageri says:

hey! cud u highlight the download link for Flash Resource Manager…i cant seem to find it..-rt

91. Chilukuri Bhaskar says:

How i can get all web Designer/Developer’sinterviews qustions& Answers

92. reverse says:

While launching application I get following errors:// from Log15.07.2006 22:57:34 : FATAL ERRORValue cannot be null.Parameter name: path2at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.initHelpFiles()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.init()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.FlashHelpPanel_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)————————————————16.07.2006 15:26:46 : FATAL ERRORValue cannot be null.Parameter name: path2at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.initHelpFiles()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.init()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.FlashHelpPanel_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)————————————————20.07.2006 04:05:41 : FATAL ERRORValue cannot be null.Parameter name: path2at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.initHelpFiles()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.init()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.FlashHelpPanel_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)————————————————22.07.2006 11:20:52 : FATAL ERRORValue cannot be null.Parameter name: path2at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.initHelpFiles()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.init()at com.markme.mesh.flash.help.FlashHelpPanel.FlashHelpPanel_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)————————————————