Create Invisible Button Command

Last week during customer visits, one of the customers commented that he is always creating invisible buttons. While I don’t create them much myself anymore, I used to use them all of the time, and though how it can be a little bit of a hassle / pain.

So, I create a simple JSFL Command that will automatically create an invisible button from whatever is selected on the stage.

You can download the command from here.

Installation and usage info is included in the zip files.

Post any questions, suggestions or problems in the comments.

14 Responses to Create Invisible Button Command

1. Daniel says:

hey mike,keith peters did something similar back in January. Check this link: http://www.bit-101.com/blog/archives/000028.html

2. Abdul Qabiz says:

Hi,This is really useful extension. I also made sometimes back. But this seems to be more powerful.cheers,Abdul

3. John Dwight says:

Very cool, Mike. Thank you.

4. Isaac Rivera says:

Very nice… but dont you only need to create one inv button (perhaps two: a square one and a circular one) per movie and re-use them all the time? This is on the rare cases they are needed anymore.

5. Todd Dominey says:

For the OS X users out there, the *.jsfl file goes into ‘First Run > Commands’. Doesn’t work if you put it in ‘Configuration > Commands’ as stipulated in the readme.

6. mike chambers says:

>Doesn’t work if you put it in ‘Configuration > Commands’ as stipulated in the readme.Posted by Todd DomineyTodd, that seems weird, as I am on OSX.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

7. mike chambers says:

>but dont you only need to create one inv buttoYou might want to make non-square or non-circle invisible buttons.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

8. Todd Dominey says:

> Todd, that seems weird, as I am on OSX.Sorry – I must have moved some things around in my app directory for my Commands folder was under ‘First Run,’ and there wasn’t one for ‘Configuration’. So I moved the folder to Config, restarted Flash, and it appears fine. My bad.

9. mike chambers says:

>Sorry – I must have moved some things around in my app directory for my Commands folder was under ‘First Run,’ and there wasn’t one for ‘Configuration’. So I moved the folder to Config, restarted Flash, and it appears fine. My bad.np. I just wante dto make sure it wasnt some bug.I probably should have created an MXP file for it, to ease installation, but it puts limits on how long the file name can be, and i didn’t want to name it something like:Create Inv Butmike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

10. Sean McKibben says:

My favorite little JSFL is a simple one-liner that sets my transform point to my registration point. That way, it is much easier to do numeric placement of objects based on my registration point (just set the info panel to operate on the transform point).Here is the line of code for the JSFL file:fl.getDocumentDOM().setTransformationPoint({x:0, y:0});Hope someone finds this useful!

11. Ann says:

Hello,I am having alot of problems, you see i am trying to download my own replica of website including ny id etc.. I did exactly as told to save this zip file to my desktop.However when I try to open it a grey box appears saying documents are not formatted properly????I need help desperately I appreciate it if you can help me.please email me at : annie4981@netzero.netthankyouannie

12. at flashextensibility.com there’s a tool extension that adds an invisible button creator to the toolbar. (square only)

13. trannysurprise ally | trannysurprise angel | trannysurprise angelique | trannysurprise ariana | trannysurprise barbie | tranny surprise brooke | tranny surprise dalia | tranny surprise janira | tranny surprise jenny | tranny surprise kittie | tranny surprise meiling | tranny surprise nikita | tranny surprise sophy | tranny surprise tanya | tranny surprise tiffany