New Version of Flash Resource Manager : Adds support for Flash 7.2

I have released a new version of my Flash Resource Manager for Windows. Among other things, this release adds support for Flash MX 7.2 (Ellipsis).

Here is a complete list of changes:

• Added support for Flash MX 2004 7.2.
  • Added option to not view help files installed by extensions.
  • You can now set files as start page. You must enter a valid URI.
  • Added home page link to go menu.
  • Latest News link in go menu now goes to latest news, and not home page.
  • Added version support to application settings. The application will only load settings if the settings were created by the same version of the application.

You can download the new version, as well as find out more information here.

20 Responses to New Version of Flash Resource Manager : Adds support for Flash 7.2

1. Calvin Ward says:

Mike,Looks like great stuff!I scanned through the article on the “JSFL File API”, and noticed that there seemed to be no reference to security for the user’s local hard drive. Without delving deeper, a casual glance at this new feature may send warning signs to anyone concerned about security. In a large IT organization, reading that article would indicate that installing the Flash Player that supports the JSFL File API is a huge security risk, and should not be installed on any user’s machines.Where is there more online information about how the user’s local files are safe from the JSFL File API?Thanks,Calvin

2. Calvin Ward says:

Oops, the above was for the Flash 7.2 release not for the Flash Resource Manager.

3. mike chambers says:

> In a large IT organization, reading that article would indicate that installing the Flash Player that supports the JSFL File API is a huge security risk,Hi. JSFL is in the Flash Authoring environment, not the player. So there is not security risk.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

4. pattu says:

Maybe it would be good to update the Resource Manager link to show it’s for Flash IDE 7.2? The version number is the same as before and it’s a tad confusing…

5. mike chambers says:

>Maybe it would be good to update the Resource Manager link to show it’s for Flash IDE 7.2?It has been updated. It was .92, and not it is .93. Do you still see .92 somewhere?Also, it is not just for Flash 7.2, since it will work will all versions of 2004.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

6. chris macdonald says:

Any further news on the FRM for MAC OS X??

7. Hell, I love this app but is there a chance that you can make the window remember it’s size and position?

8. jarek lenik says:

This app is something i’ve been looking for for ages… I cannot express my gratitude :)It’s super sweet, than you.

9. Roger says:

I use a Mac and while lusting after this kind of a local outside-of-flash documentation browser, came up with a rather simple way to create your own standalone docs. The files are all there, except that the TOC is in XML — easily translated to HTML using an XSL. The process is fairly painless.http://www.partlyhuman.com/wordpress/archives/2005/02/07/diy-standalone-actionscript-reference/

10. Download Link doesn’t work 🙁

11. >Download Link doesn’t workThanks. I just fixed it.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

12. Jeroen says:

Hi!Im a big fan of your program! 🙂 And I was just wandering: Will there be an update when Maelstorm arrives?

13. Chris Velevitch says:

In the Flash Resource Manager, the default url for the ‘latest news’ (http://www.markme.com/mxna/helppanel.cfm?category=Flash) doesn’t work anymore. What is the new ‘latest news’ url for the Flash Resource Manager?

14. ArneO says:

If you try to add new help resources, does it matter where those folders are? Can you e. g. add a flash help panel format, that is not beneath some flash folder?Or does it only work with Livedocs?

15. mh says:

Are there any plans to update this to flash 8 or even AS3, find that the server dealing with liveDocs is very slow, and an offline help outside of flash is really useful.

16. Paul says:

Hi Mike,Do you know of a way I could add the Action Script 3 language reference into Flash ressource manager? I know there is a downloadable version for the Action Script 2 language reference, is there one for the 3? I would love to include AS3 help in the software I use almost every day.Cheers

17. Paris Hilton says:

Paul: as far as I know there is no possibility to add AS3 language reference into Flash ressource manager.So if there is any – please share your knowledge. Thanks.

18. Jarek says:

Sooo… any news on CS3 version? Or maybe there is some kind of alternative help viewer?Thanks in advance.

19. Jarek says:

I just made it work with CS3, here are the contents of my app.config file (obviously please change the help paths to Flash CS3 help and installed extensions)#FFFF990.93.1592.26849trueenD:\Documents and Settings\Jarek\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\HelpPanel\Help\D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\HelpPanel\Help\falsetruetruetruefalsehttp://www.markme.com/mxna/helppanel.cfm?category=FlashDefaultfalsefalsefalse