See you in February

Macromedia has a really great sabbatical program. For every four years you work here, you get a 6 week, paid sabbatical. Well, I have been at Macromedia for about 4 1/ 2 years now which means I am finally eligible for my sabbatical.

So, today is my last day in the office until February 14, 2005 (in additional to the sabbatical I am taking a week off next week, and we get a week off for Christmas). What does this mean? Well, my weblog probably wont be updated much if any, and I probably wont be checking my Macromedia email that often (if any). I will still be on IM, so if you want to chat, feel free to ping me.

So what am I going to be doing over my sabbatical? Well, we are trying to buy a house, so I can’t take any big trips, but I will be hanging out with my daughter, playing video games (mostly Halo 2), reading, programing, exercising (finally), and just generally relaxing.

Anyways, it has been a great first four years, and I want to thank everyone in the Flash community for all of the dedication and passion they have put into the community. You have made Flash a success, and made my job a lot of fun. Try to rest up over the holidays, because 2005 is shaping up to be one of the most exciting in Macromedia and Flash’s history. See you in February.

14 Responses to See you in February

1. We joined MM about the same time. I’ve been eligible for my sabbatical since July but given my project workload I expect I’ll take my sabbatical next Fall.Enjoy your time off!

2. Jen deHaan says:

Merry sabbatical and holidays! Enjoy the time off, and best of luck with house-hunting. :)Take care,Jen.

3. // chall3ng3r // says:

happy holidays, and good luck.// chall3ng3r //

4. Hans Omli says:

Will miss your posts! Have a wonderful break!

5. Serge says:

Great incentive from MM!Enjoy your much deserved time off and good luck with the house-hunting!

6. Congrats Mike – hope you enjoy it! What I wouldnt give for a sabbatical! I’ll catch ya on Halo 2 – and Happy Holidays!Rob

7. ericd says:

As always, thank you for all you do for the Community Mike. We all appreciate it – and we all love being a part of the Community as well.Enjoy your well-earned time off relaxing, etc. Hopefully you’ll be playing Halo 2 a little earlier than usual so we can get some blam! on earlier (that east coast, west coast thing can be brutal sometimes)

8. eyezberg says:

“2005 is shaping up to be one of the most exciting in Macromedia and Flash’s history”Sounds great! YOU better relax then as much as you can ;-)Enjoy your family life, and thanks for all your contributions!Merry Xmas & Happy New Year.

9. Sam Robbins says:

Have a great vacation! I’ll see you on Halo 2.

10. Bazard says:

Merry Christmas to you and your familyI did read your first articles when you were working on flash generator. What i really appreciate in you is that you stay humble and very opened to listen to people.Enjoy your Holidays !PS : I also listen to most of your music from your playlist. Maybe u should try The Arcade Fire, it is a new band from canada, the album name is “Funeral” and for me it sounds a bit like Pulp, a band from UK.

11. Brian Wright says:

Any hope of seeing a Linux64/AMD64 version of Flash Player any time soon? That little popup in Mozilla requesting for me to install flash is starting to get a little annoying. If there was just some way to turn that requester off, I could live without it.Thanks.

12. Samuel Wan says:

Best wishes for a relaxing, work-free sabbatical. My parents took me to third-world countries on their sabbaticals, but local road trips were more fun and memorable 🙂 Good luck with house hunting too.

13. pcMan says:

A nice break aftear a good working time.Enjoy it!!!Best wishes for all ppl=)

14. prabakar says: