Community MX Tutorial on Flash / JavaScript Integration Kit

Danny Patterson has put together the best tutorial yet on how to use the Flash / JavaScript Integration kit. I have created a tutorials page at the kit’s wiki and added it.

You can read the tutorial here.

You can find more information about the kit here.

10 Responses to Community MX Tutorial on Flash / JavaScript Integration Kit

1. Scott says:

Hi MikeI apologize for posting this here but I looked around and couldn’t find anywhere more logical to put it.I have been trying to determine whether the Flash/Javascript Integration Kit is usable with Flash MX or must I upgrade to Flash MX 2004? Danny Patterson’s tutorial does make it look pretty simple but I’m getting a bug when trying to compile:Scene=Scene 1, Layer=Layer 3, Frame=1: Line 3: ‘;’ expectedimport com.macromedia.javascript.JavaScriptProxy;Thank you for your help – your toolkit looks like it is exactly what I need.Scott

2. mike chambers says:

hmm… i havent tried to compile with MX, but off the top of my head, I cant think of why it would not compile.Check out this link:http://weblogs.macromedia.com/mesh/archives/2005/06/fixed_problems.cfmand see if it fixes your issue (feel free to email me directly).mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

3. Scott says:

Hi MikeThanks for your fast reply. Unfortunately, the new JavaScriptProxy.as file didn’t eliminate the error I am receiving. I’m wondering if it isn’t something obvious. E.g. Is the “import” command only available in Flash MX 2004? I couldn’t find it in the help file for Flash.Thanks again,Scott

4. mike chambers says:

import is supported in MX:http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/mx2004/main_7_2/00001367.html#wp3951547Make sure you are publishing as ActionScript 2.0, and not ActionScript 1.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

5. mike chambers says:

Doh. I just installed MX, and realized that it doesnt support ActionScript 2.0.So, this will work with Flash Player 6, but you have to compile it with MX 2004.Sorry for the hassle.mike chambersmesh@macromedia.com

6. Scott says:

Thanks Mike – No worries. I finally took the plunge and my upgrade is on its way. (Just the “excuse” I needed!)All the best,Scott

7. federico says:

Hi Mike,is it possible to pass a multidimensional array from flash to a javascript function?proxy.call(“jsFunction”,multiArray)thanks

8. mike chambers says:

Yes. That should work without any problems. Just make sure you dont have any circular references. That wont work.mike chambersmesh@adobe.com

9. federico says:

thank you,but I have another problem.How can i pass a very big multidimensional array to a javascript function?In ie6.0 i can’t pass an array with more than 440 characters, in firefox 1.0 this limit is upper but it still exists.thanks

10. Anonymous says:

The files are not live yet.We are trying to work with the Flash / JavaScript Integration Kit. I see that the posting for this area are about two years old, are you stillable to help people with this?Everything is working fine except we would like to load an alternate image when the user does not have the flash plug in rather than auto loading the plug-in. Is it possible to get a little help with this?Thank you