Flash Player 8 already at 50%

As Emmy posted, we have just released new Flash Player penetration numbers.

Flash Player 8 can be viewed by around 50% of people online (45% US, 55% Canada and Europe). That is pretty amazing considering that the player was released just 5 months ago. This puts the player on course to reach 80% in well under a year from release.

You can view all of the stats here.

12 Responses to Flash Player 8 already at 50%

1. John Dowdell says:

Great news. That NPD audit was conducted in mid-December, so those results are actually for about three-and-a-half months of distribution.Now at the end of January, with six additional weeks of public distribution and increasing published SWT8 content, the Flash Player 8 should be the clear norm on consumer machines… amazing to consider, but that’s the way the facts fit together….

2. haha says:

HaHa, cant break the 99% bearier even with flash 5

3. mike chambers says:

>HaHa, cant break the 99% bearier even with flash 5Well, until we can create a text only version of the Flash player for Lynx, then I guess we will have to settle for 98%.mike chambersmesh@adobe.com

4. tcs says:

Dude, I am herding people into the Player 8 install big time every day. I’m using Express Install on everyting for clients and promoting it at every discussion on new media. This thing rocks and 8.5 and up are going to cause serious waves in the industy.

5. Gerry says:

I’m going to be launching a client site within a week that is all Flash 8. Currently their temp site for their movie is getting major hits so I’m sure I’ll help the cause in getting Flash 8 player penentration numbers up.

6. rob says:

Mike, what was the penetration of FP7 after 5 months?Are there any graphs available showing the penetration of each player version over time? It’s great to know what player penetration was like in December, but would be even better to be able to project these figures into the future – such as when a site will be launched.

7. Jason says:

I noticed that the Asia stats were missing for December, I’m in Australia (which our politicians tell us is part of Asia these days 😉 so though I’d post some of the stats I gather.2/Dec/2005, Flash 8 was at 22.4% from 7524 unique visitors2/Jan/2005, Flash 8 was at 30.3% from 5935 unique visitors1/Feb/2005, Flash 8 was at 40.6% from 4943 unique visitorsThese stats are taken from 5 of my sites, that cover a broad range of demographics.Be interested to see the similarity between the stats I gather and those of other folks, and how they compare to the NPD ones.

8. Emmy Huang says:

Yes, sorry! We had some problems with the Asia test and the results were a little wacky. We decided to drop the results for the December study as bad info. They will be back for the next study.best,EmmyProduct Manager, Flash Player

9. Hi Mike,I have just released today the public a “weblogging” service with its interface being entirely flash 8, called Flogger.tv. Its url is http://www.flogger.tv . Whenever you guys have the time please check it out, as I am still workin on making it better.A problem I knew i was going to have was the flash player 8 updated, but I used the flash detection kit you guys published and hope it works out fine.I really love flash and really hope to see flash everywhere, need flash player 8 on 99% of all browsers, hope I can help to that cause.I am from Mexico and I am a certfied flash mx 2004 developer, and certainly love flash, and ofcourse i bought studio 8. So if you have the time please check out http://www.flogger.tv and email me your comments.thanks,Alex Bonillasflogger.tv Creator

10. zikey says:

Asia is n/a?Why?

11. Mark says:

Hello,any idea why I am not able to view some Flash sites? I have downloaded the plugi-in at least 10 times…..I am still not able to view many sites? Some even say Flash 6 required…. and yet I can’t get in. I am using IE 6.0 on a PCplease help,mark@headTrix.com

12. elliott miller says: