Macromedia News Firefox Extension Updated

I have uploaded a new version of the Macromedia News Firefox extension. This version adds support for Firefox 1.5.

Sorry it took so long.

You can find more information, as well as install the extension from here.

Ill probably do another build in the coming weeks to update the name and branding.

If you run into any issues, just post them in the comments.

9 Responses to Macromedia News Firefox Extension Updated

1. Nielz says:

I have been waiting so long for this! Awesome! Thanks a million.

2. Have been running it all day and seems to work perfectly! Just learned of new RapidFix for Adobe Bridge!

3. Matti says:

great!thnx – I use this quite a lot, but…isn’t that suppos to blink each time a new item is added?

4. ross says:

Mike,I keep getting new blinkies for entries from like Oct. 05 – what the dilly-o?

5. mike chambers says:

>I keep getting new blinkies for entries from like Oct. 05 – what the dilly-o?Yeah. That is because they are in the feed. Looks like something messed up with the original feed and MXNA got confused.mike chambersmesh@adobe.com

6. Tek says:

Mike, the last update (v0.9.85) works well with Firefox 1.5 but it nevers receives news update under Firefox 1.0.7 even if I force the update.

7. Howard says:

Mike,The update works just as it did prior to the FF 1.5 update. There is one thing that continues to occur even with the new version. The flashing icon works just fine as does the bolded new items. However, when there are more than one new item; as soon as I select the first unread item; all unread items go “unbold” (if there is such a word) and the icon stops flashing.Is this something that could be addressed in the next update? It would be nice if each item went upbold as it was selected and that the icon would continue to flash until all items had been opened. If some users objected to this behavior; meybe there could be a choice at the bottom of the list that worked some like some blog and news reader applications that allows the user to “mark all as read”. 🙂

8. mike chambers says:

>However, when there are more than one new item; as soon as I select the first unread item; all unread items go “unbold”Yeah. This isnt really a bug, but how it was designed. If I do another major update, then I will look into ways to fix this.mike chambers

9. Alexandre Madurell says:

Great Job, Mike!!Just to report, it’s working fine in Windows XP 64Bit Edition running the 32Bit Firefox and Thunderbird (not that it should be a surprise, but, after installing Coldfusion on IIS, it might be good to state both work well -the latter thanks to Ben Forta’s instructions on his web-… I hope soon I’ll be able to say the same about Acrobat 7.0 in this 64Bit environment…)Thanks a bunch 😉