Today, the SpeedGrade CS6 (6.0.1) update was released. Thank you to everyone for your feedback since the launch of SpeedGrade CS6 last month!
If Adobe Application Manager hasn’t already told you about this, go ahead and check for new updates by choosing Help > Updates. The best way to check for updates is by closing all Adobe applications other than Adobe Bridge, and choosing Help > Updates in Adobe Bridge; this ensures that all processes related to Adobe video applications have been quit and can be updated safely.
For information about updates for other Adobe professional video applications, see this page.
This blog post is for information purposes and not technical discussion. If you have questions or difficulties with this update, please come by the SpeedGrade forum where we can help!
General bug fixes in this update
- Compatibility fix: The NTSC presets now use 720 x 480 resolution (instead of 720 x 486).
- Fixed: color picker coordinates when using dynamic quality or anamorphic presets.
- Fixed: Save Timeline As dialog box could disappear in hidden GUI mode (SHIFT + H).
- Fixed: on empty timelines some operations were enabled that should have been grayed out.
- Fixed: thumbnail images on Reel browser update correctly when relinking media.
- Fixed: when browsing directories with a very large number of files, the % complete indicator sometimes showed incorrect values.
- Fixed: metadata pull-down menu in the file name control did not show the correct hover state in some instances.
- Fixed: open metadata window did not continue to display after application restarts.
- Fixed: distortion issues with audio imported via .wav files from Audition.
- Fixed: some view settings overlapped on certain display sizes.
- Fixed: currently selected browser tab did not continue to display after application restarts.
- Fixed: Saving a mask by dragging and dropping mask clip to mask store.
- Fixed: aspect ratio dropdown showed empty default instead of 1:1.
- Fixed: time code with incorrect endian is now detected and repaired.
- Fixed: ALEXA ISO settings were not rendered properly when overridden in the format options.
- Fixed: under some circumstances the Consolidate Reels function did not copy QuickTime files.
- Fixed: applications crashes when exporting a 5K JPEG from RED EPIC through the LUT Export dialog box.
- Fixed: leaving SpeedGrade idle for several hours could result in a freeze.
- Fixed: the Reel browser did not show a vertical scrollbar in some cases.
- Fixed: in a very specific track and clip configuration involving solid color clips, deleting a clip could cause the application to crash.
- Fixed: some metadata values for the ARRI ALEXA displayed twice in the dropdown list.
- Fixed: playing an empty timeline with just a solid color clip caused the application to crash.
- Fixed: the General.ProductBuild metadata field now displays the correct application build number.
- Fixed: in rare instances, the triangles on the grading rings showed colored pixels.
Grading functionality fixes
- Fixed: color picker buttons in the Secondaries Look panel were obscured by other UI elements on smaller displays.
- Fixed: enabling and disabling layers in the layer stack could cause render issues.
- Fixed: grading setups containing an HDRLayer now render correctly.
- Fixed: icon indicating a grading setup did not display when a look was applied to an ungraded clip.
- Fixed: the delete key sometimes deleted grading layers when you were not in the Look tab.
- Fixed: in a very specific scenario, clicking on a grading layer caused the application to crash
- Fixed: occasional crashes when resetting a LUT layer.
- Fixed: Look panel occasionally obscured by whitespace when context panel was resized.
- Fixed: keyframing controls were disabled after a new look was applied on the timeline.
Rendering issue fixes
- Fixed: render results occasionally showed flickering colors.
- Fixed: under certain circumstances render preview thumbnails did not update properly.
- Fixed: rendering to certain AVI codecs resulted in a crash.
- Fixed: occasional crashes when rendering with an additional output LUT.
Pan and Scan fixes
- Fixed: undo function with some Pan and Scan operations.
- Fixed: adding a Pan and Scan track sometimes resulted in a crash
- Fixed: in rare instances, the Pan and Scan widget disappeared.
- Fixed: in some instances, the annotations text box was visible outside the annotations tab.
- Fixed: deleting a freehand drawing note sometimes resulted in a crash.
- Fixed: after selecting an annotation the UI buttons did no longer react properly.
- Fixed: annotations sometimes rendered at an incorrect size.
- Fixed: clicking on “More Options” in Quicktime format dialog could cause a freeze (Mac only).
- Fixed: browsing via breadcrumb is properly enabled (Mac only).
- Fixed: desktop tabs now resize correctly when resizing application window (Mac Only).
- Fixed: dual DVI output did not work correctly on certain MacBook models with Intel graphics.
- Fixed: rare crashing issues when closing SpeedGrade (Mac only).
- Fixed: some ProRes codecs were rendering incorrectly (Mac only).
- Fixed: double-clicking an IRCP file did not launch SpeedGrade (Mac only).
- Fixed: occasional freezes when attempting to copy a path to the clipboard (Windows only).
Language version fixes
- Fixed: Help did not launch correctly for some languages.
- Fixed: with some language versions, the modified date was displayed in international format.
- Fixed: on non-English builds, some Desktop filter presets appeared twice.
- Fixed: Tangent CP-200 panels now work with non-English versions of SpeedGrade.
- Fixed: clicking on Render in Italian version of SpeedGrade could cause a crash.
- Fixed: QuickTime files with paths including non-Western characters sometimes failed to load.
- Fixed: you can now undo after adding an empty timeline.
- Fixed: executing Undo sometimes enabled the timeline thumbnails.
- Fixed: redoing color space changes sometimes resulted in a crash
Stereoscopic workflow fixes
- Fixed: Graphics Driver Stereo Mode now operates correctly.
- Fixed: crashes when the stereo panel was activated on a solid color clip.
- Fixed: forcing a track to be Left or Right eye only caused the waveform display to crash the application.
- Fixed: image sometimes disappeared when changing a track to the Left or Right eye with stereoscopic content.
Dual DVI note
- Repeatedly enabling and disabling the dual DVI mode can cause the secondary monitor to display either black or white. Restarting the application fixes the issue.
As noted above: please visit the SpeedGrade user forum for technical assistance.