The SpeedGrade CC (7.2) December 2013 update will be released today. This update focuses on performance enhancements and bug fixes for the Direct Link workflow. This SpeedGrade update is just one of the pro video updates coming today, including releases of Adobe Media Encoder CC, After Effects CC, Prelude CC, and Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Please make sure you install Adobe Premiere Pro CC (7.2) before using Direct Link with SpeedGrade CC (7.2).
SpeedGrade CC (7.2) will be available for download via the Creative Cloud desktop application. Continue reading…
This week I wanted to share a video created by reTooled, showing how to work with look presets in both Premiere Pro and SpeedGrade using the new Direct Link integration.
I spoke with Josh Weiss about reTooled and the color presets they have created for Adobe Premiere Pro and SpeedGrade. Continue reading…
SpeedGrade CC 7.1 introduced Direct Link, a new type of integration which connects the editing and color grading workflows. We wanted to explain what Direct Link is, how it works, and how to get the most out of this cool new feature.
Direct Link vs. Dynamic Link
With Direct Link, the whole Premiere Pro project (.pproj) can be opened in SpeedGrade. No file conversions or XML-based translations are involved; you get the complete native Premiere Pro timeline, except that it’s in SpeedGrade.
Dynamic Link works between two applications running in parallel on the same machine (and sharing the same memory). Dynamic Link is great for doing work on specific clips. You get immediate feedback and can make changes on the fly moving back and forth between After Effects and Premiere Pro while you perfect a composition within your editing project.
Color grading is rarely done this way. Although you may do several color grading passes over the course of your postproduction workflow, color work is generally done on a whole project, for example to match shots to each other or apply creative looks across scenes or an entire project. Continue reading…
Today, the Adobe SpeedGrade CC (7.1) update was released. This new version includes Direct Link integration with Adobe Premiere Pro CC (7.1).
If you are checking for updates in the Creative Cloud desktop application, and the updates don’t appear, restarting the application can force it to check for recent updates. In general, updates will appear in the Creative Cloud desktop application within 24 hours of being made available.
Ideally, you should install the updates automatically as described above, but you can also directly download the update packages from the download page for Windows or Mac OS.
If you have difficulty with this update, please bring questions and issues to the SpeedGrade forum. Don’t ask questions in the comments on this blog post, which fewer people will see.
- Direct Link integration with Adobe Premiere Pro for smooth round tripping between editing and grading
- New Adobe Premiere Pro timeline for projects opened via Direct Link
- Support for multiple masks within a single .look (grading layer stack) for faster workflows and easier copying of complex looks.
- Linked mask layers within grading layer stack for greater control and precision
- Support for all file formats supported in Premiere Pro via Direct Link workflow (see Known Issues below for formats currently not supported)
- New welcome screen provides option to open an existing Premiere Pro project or start a native SpeedGrade project
- Selected SpeedLooks now included with SpeedGrade. These include camera patches for matching various high end cameras create a common starting point for grading and SpeedLooks for adding a cinematic look. Continue reading…